Trail's End?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
Where is it and what kind of food is served?

I've read various mentions on these posts, yet I don't recall seeing it at WDW last year?

Is it new, or have I been dining too much at my other favorite Disney restuarants?

DH, DD and I will be there in 2 weeks (YIPPEE!!!), and even though we're going to be true to our favorites, (Brown Derby, Chef Mickey's) we also try to fit in two new places each trip.

Tell us what you can.:D

It's a great place to hop over to from the MK (via boat) for lunch and a quick break from the parks! If you have kids, they will love to visit the petting farm/pony rides too! :)

Trails End is at Fort Wilderness, and I've heard it is a big ol' country barbecue buffet. DH is VERY much looking forward to it! Lots of good hearty country food and a decent price, too. We're doing it in between our day at the Animal Kingdom and MVMCP.

not to be confused with Mickey's bbq ( or some similar name to that) held seasonally at FW ...they have some ribs and stuff but basically normal "buffet "selection. it has always been good though and I really hope not to many people start to go since that will be a signal for WDW to raise the price up to the "normal buffet "prices!

Has anyone tried Trail's End for breakfast? We're thinking of eating there on our last day, since we won't really have time to go to the parks.

my husband's favorite so we go there for every meal at least once. breakfast is good although buffets are not really my thing.they used to have a really good breakfast pizza ..eggs and stuff on a crunchy pizza like crust but from the present menu that must be no longer available. too bad I will miss it! the menu now seems a little smaller unless everything isn't listed.

for the other meals their veggies were always great which I thought was remarkable on a buffet.. yummy fresh asparagus in Dec or Jan is this northener's dream!!!

I'm going to be a dissenting voice. I found this restaurant to be difficult to get to (changing buses was really more than I wanted to do) and less than neat. It was crowded, noisy with children running around unsupervised and the buffet looked it. Food was all over the floor and slopped between the serving pans. The selections were very basic and poorly prepared. I'm not big on drinking out of mason jars either. The selections were slow to be replaced once emptied or near empty. This was a dinner experience, by the way.

Needless to say, it wasn't an experience I'll soon repeat.

We love Trail's End and visit a few times per vacation. We take the boat over from the Contemporary (which we really enjoy) and have a yummy dinner. The fried chicken is great and my husband loves the ribs. It was a great place to take our 2 year old b/c they also have pizza and mac and cheese. The food has always been tastey and the servers friendly and attentive.

Originally posted by DVC~OKW~96
I'm going to be a dissenting voice. I found this restaurant to be difficult to get to (changing buses was really more than I wanted to do) and less than neat. It was crowded, noisy with children running around unsupervised and the buffet looked it. Food was all over the floor and slopped between the serving pans. The selections were very basic and poorly prepared. I'm not big on drinking out of mason jars either. The selections were slow to be replaced once emptied or near empty. This was a dinner experience, by the way.

Needless to say, it wasn't an experience I'll soon repeat.

I've come to the conclusion ( after reading so many posts on this fourm) that every resort has off nights since there are so many variables ( how busy, how much staff, what time you go yadaydayada) so I have just decided to hope I hit a "good " time where ever I go! do take the boat from Contemp. or Mk though if possible.. very nice and (at least it's been our experience,lol!) usually not crowded

We just got back from camping at Fort Wilderness and ate at Trails End for breakfast. It was very good. They had alot of fruit, dry cereal, two types of eggs, bacon, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, breakfast pizza, mickey waffles, french toast, lots of donuts and muffins. You also could have all of the milk or OJ you wanted. My family really enjoyed it.

I went up there one night to order a pizza and looked at the dinner buffet and decided that we will have to try that next time we come down. The ribs, chicken, and meatballs all looked great. There was a very nice looking salad bar as well. Definitely worth a look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter