• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trained service animals on board?

Tiiiigergirl

<font color=red>Had to be rolled out of the restau
I asked on the disabilities board but thought I would post over here too.

We have found a company in our area that helps you train your own service dog. This makes the cost much more affordable and the wait much shorter. What I'm wondering is if Disney allows these animals on the cruise ships.

Training my dog to get my phone would be a great blessing. One week ago I lost my balance on the stairs and became a bad commercial. I laid there at the bottom of the stairs for over 1/2 an hour until someone came home. Don't tell me about the medic alert buttons, I know. I'd rather have a trained dog that would make an attacker think twice when I'm out and about. An alert button wouldn't do that!

So anyway has anyone had any experience with this? I know they are allowed in the parks but not quite sure about the ship.

Yes, Disney does allow service animals on the ship. You will definitely need to contact them in advance regarding this, and any medical needs you have, but they do allow them. :)

We had one on board during our cruise. A female black lab/mix. Wonderful dog.....

I say go for it. The dog was very well behaved and very trained.
smiles Patty

Just out of curiosity... how would a disney doggie.. umm...well does disney provide fire hydrant's onboard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter