Transfering points --- how does it all work?

rchristiansen

DIS Veteran
Tell me how transfering points works ---
we currently don't enough cash to add on to our contract but we still would like to take a trip next year as I only have 30 some points left from borrowing...how can I transfer points into my account.
Does it have to be the same use year. Am I limited to the number of points? How does that work.

You contact a member on the rent/trade board and make arrangements thru them. Once you have agreed on the # of points and $ for the points, you give the member your member number, and he calls and requests to have the #of agreed-upon points transferred into your account. Once the points are in your account, they are yours to do with as you please. The points retain their original "home resort". Since this is a very sensitive relationship, you have to be comfortable with the person you are renting from. Usually the renter wants 1/2 up front, before the points are transferred, with the rest paid for the same day, or soon afterward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter