Transportation after watching fireworks from MK and Epcot going back to SS

HEARTSOFJOY

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of staying at Saratoga Springs for our July/August trip this year however unsure of how does the transportation is esp if we choose to watch fireworks from MK and Epcot. Does anybody know if the ride going back will be horrible? I heard for some other DVC resorts they would end up pushing people from 2 or 3 resorts into one bus which makes the wait time worse.

We have stayed at SSR many times and never had this issue after fireworks at either of the parks. Yes, there is a wait for a bus at times but the CMs are fantastic in prioritizing the busses ensuring everyone gets back to their resort. Your other option is to stay back and wait for the parks to empty out. Time with the family and allow everyone to decompress and discuss the highlights of the day is priceless.

I have had hour + waits for even 1 bus at Pop Century a few years back. Never had more than a 20 minute wait or so for SSR. Usually buses come with decent frequency. If you can beat the parade of ECVs youll likely get a bus quickly.

We will be needing an Uber/Lyft after Epcot After Hours anyone know how difficult that will be? Probably be leaving from front of park and not IG.

We just drive back. Doesn’t usually take more than 5 minutes :)
No way you can get from MK to your car in 5 minutes let alone to your hotel.. We did this one time, and waited for the monorail, then had to walk to our car. The four times since we have walked straight to the bus stop we have been back sooner than when we took the car. It can happen either way. Now then, coming home from Epcot it would always be quicker by car because you get to your car quicker. Figure at least a half hour from MK front gate to car on the best case scenario.

Now then, if you can get your Uber to meet you at the intersection before the BLT parking lot, you can really save time! We took an Lyft from WL to MK once and the guy gave us his personal number and we called him when leaving MK and he was there. Quickest ride home ever.

Last edited:
No way you can get from MK to your car in 5 minutes let alone to your hotel.. We did this one time, and waited for the monorail, then had to walk to our car. The four times since we have walked straight to the bus stop we have been back sooner than when we took the car. It can happen either way. Now then, coming home from Epcot it would always be quicker by car because you get to your car quicker. Figure at least a half hour from MK front gate to car on the best case scenario.

Now then, if you can get your Uber to meet you at the intersection before the BLT parking lot, you can really save time! We took an Lyft from WL to MK once and the guy gave us his personal number and we called him when leaving MK and he was there. Quickest ride home ever.
I was referencing Epcot. It's just a quick hop over Bonnet Creek Parkway back to SSR...

Yes, you are right for MK. That is the one park that we would still take the bus to.

One thing nice about Saratoga when staying there - leaving MK after Fireworks, you could hop ANY resort bus, monorail, or boat - whichever looks to have the shortest line or is moving the fastest - go to that resort, then catch a bus to Disney Springs - from there, walk back to Saratoga. Or even just walk to BLT/Contemporary, and catch their Springs bus.

I even tested it once after MK when the line for the Saratoga bus looked long enough to mean 2 or 3 busses before you'd get on - some family stayed, I walked to BLT, hopped the Disney Springs bus, then walked back to Saratoga (we were staying in Congress Park which made it the closest to Disney Springs). I was in the villa for 30 minutes before they arrived. They got on the 3rd bus at MK and it was packed to full standing.

Sometimes, even if they made it back first, I'd have enjoyed my method better, as the bus was less crowded and it was more relaxing overall with the two short walks on either end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter