Transportation Fee at OKW!

tom in ct.

Mouseketeer
There is a 2 Bdrm at OKW up for auction on e-bay for 7 nights 9/24-10/1 for the buy it now price of $699.00 a great deal as I'm sure everyone already knows. But there was something strange about it ! IT states that there is a $95.00 transportation fee payable directly to disney is this something new if you rent, or does this person not know what their talking about?

On another post a few days ago, our timeshare guru Dean explained that the $95 fee is (probably) the outside exchange fee that is charged when somebody from II or another outside timeshare exchanges into Disney. Disney charges this fee as I understand it.

Disney does charge a "transportation" fee for II exchanges into any onsite DVC resort (not just at OKW). This is a sore subject at times on TUG, but is a component of the agreement DVC has with II.

Regardless of the transportation, somebody is going to have an awfully nice vacation for just a hundred dollars a night for a 2 bedroom :(

When an II member gets an exchange into any resort, they are charged an exchange fee which they would pay for any exchange. The amount varies whether it's domestic or international and the fees are going up to $121 and $149 with a $39 guest certificate fees for someone else to use the week. In addition to that if they get an exchange into a WDW DVC resort, there is an additional $95 that DVC labels a "resort services fee". It's not just for transporation. The truth is that we've all paid for those services provided so I suspect that money goes to paying the admin cost of the exchange service.

It is a sore subject on TUG as most feel that an exchange is an exchange. In a way I agree that it's a petty fee. However, there are many other resorts that charge extra for things like AC and in some cases charge exchangers and not owners.

I do not believe the fee is charged for HH or VB. Also of note is that in the current II book, WLV is not listed with the "resort services fee" though I suspect it still applies.

So, since the person is trying to recoup the $95 fee does this indicate a person traded into DVC and then is now trying to re-rent the time?

So, since the person is trying to recoup the $95 fee does this indicate a person traded into DVC and then is now trying to re-rent the time?
That's almost certainly the case, because otherwise there would not be a $95 fee. I would assume the person owned another II-affiliated timeshare, successfully traded his/her week for a week at a 2-BR at OKW -- and now either can't use the the week, or feels he/she can make a good proft by renting out the week through eBay.

Originally posted by PamOKW
Correct, a practice that's against the rules of both II and RCI. And since it's not something the person owns that they're renting, if you got there and they turned you away, you're only recourse would be through the person you rented from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter