transportation from MCO to Universal

tlady

Mouseketeer
Best option for 2 adults to go from MCO to a Universal resort? Private shuttles are way too pricey now. Was thinking taxi or Lyft. Which is cheaper and/or the better option? How easy is it to get a taxi at MCO?

Rideshare is going to vary based on time of day and how busy it is. Last week I paid $26 plus tip for an Uber from Cabana Bay to MCO at 11 AM on Monday morning. On the previous Friday afternoon around 3 PM it was $42 plus tip from the airport. I think taxis are there waiting, but will cost more. I saw a Mears Connect bus outside my resort, they may be a possibility but for 2 people I would do rideshare.

@georgina is spot on. Prices vary and there are random promotions. It cheaper to come back.

My trip in the last two weeks:
From MCO to Dockside (without tip 42 and change) - 8PM on a Thursday
Fair - 36.30
Toll - 2.11
Booking Fee - 8.27
MCO Surcharge - 7
Promotion - -10.74

Return from Dockside: (without tip 21 plus change) (5AM on a Wednesday)
Trip -20.58
Toll - 2.11
Booking Fee - 3.22
Promotions (there is often flash sales with uber) - -7.17

Also a few things - don't be surprised if a pickup truck shows up - I really don't like that at all when I have luggage.

Also don't be surprised if someone shows up who cant help with the luggage and don't be surprised if they cant speak English - at all. Not an issue for me, but may be for some, especially the help with luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter