Transportation from Portofino to USF/IOA

GoofyDad1

Earning My Ears
Our family will be staying at the Portofino for two nights over Thanksgiving Weekend.

1. What transportation options are available that take us from the Portofino to the Parks? Boat, bus, car, walk, swim, other?

2. What is fastest?

3. If I drive and park in the CityWalk/USF/IOA lots, does it get me any closer? And do I have to pay for parking?

Thanks,

You can take the shuttle bus, water taxi, or shoe leather (walk) to the parks. The walk to the park is about 15 minutes and it has some nice scenery. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis, though. You'll do enough walking at the parks. The water taxi is a relaxing ride, but it tends to get crowded. I would take the shuttle bus. It isn't the most glamorous ride, but it's the least crowded route. Besides, the seats are cushioned, not plastic like the ones on city buses.

I agree with Barry, take the shuttle bus it's much quicker! We always take the boat back to the resort, it's kind of a peaceful way to end a hectic day.

The walk is much quicker though the Hardrock parking lot. 5 minutes to USF, another 5 to IOA walking by the Hardrock Restrnt.

The corner of the parking lot is right at the USF entrance, The waterway path is way longer, but much more scenic.

I think it depends on your room location. If you have to walk a lot farther to the shuttle bus from your room then the boat makes sense. Also you can always see if a boat is about to dock (or just left) so you can guage your wait.

The shuttle bus will bring you very close to Univeral Studios, but not very close to Islands of Adventure. The boat dropoff is a little farther from US.

I take the boat when I'm with the kids, and I usually walk through the nice gardens when I'm by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter