Transportation from TDR to Narita?

stivo

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping the collective wisdom here can help me figure out the "reverse" of what most posts about Narita transportation are about, namely, getting from TDR to Narita. We have a flight out at 11am on a weekday and it's not clear to me that the Airport Limousine Bus (I think that's the correct name of the service) can get us to Narita in time. I'll appreciate any insight anyone can give regarding options. Thank you.

Download an app called HYPERDIA. We used that to find the best routes to and from any train station (you need to know the station names). The Station at Disney is Maihama station. It's going to take 70 to 90 minutes most likely using the trains but it's not that hard. Our route on the way in did bypass Tokyo Station (though coming back we were coming from Tokyo Station). My sister did a lot of the navigation, but the app was very helpful and the trains run on time.

Thanks for the quick reply! App acquired, I'll give it a try. I take it the trains run early enough that with the 11am takeoff we could probably leave TDR at around 7am and not panic? I've heard good things about the trains being on time, and on the "processing" through check-in, security, etc., at Narita being relatively smooth, and as we'll have kids with us I don't want to end the trip on a bum note. Not only first time to TDR but first time to Japan.

We took the limobus from the Hilton Tokyo Bay which left at either 7am or 9am. We took the 9am to terminal 3. Our flight was at 12.15pm. We made it with no time to spare (except to buy a couple of last minute souvenirs). So the earliest bus would be fine I think.

That first limobus option does seem best, thank you for your suggestions! If we get to Narita by 9am we should be just fine I would think. I very much appreciate the quick responses.

The Limobus is probably less confusing than the trains, though Hyperdia was very helpful throughout the trip. Security at Narita was very easy, but immigration took a bit longer. We were coming form Tokyo Station on the Narita Express and we just missed one train and ended up on the next one. I got to the gate about 15 minutes before boarding. but it was fine.

Last edited:

My folks just did this from the Hilton Tokyo Bay and it worked fabulously! They hopped on the limo bus and said the drop off was easy and the seats much better than fighting the trains (we had done that earlier in the week after a few days in Tokyo). I have done the limo bus from TDR to Yokohama Station and prefer it far and away to the trains (but I also have two kiddos and luggage to wrangle and Yokohama is CRAZY busy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter