Transportation help-Anaheim to Sea World

natsprat04

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Disneyland (again!) in September & also planning to go to San Diego to see Sea World with our 3 year old. Has anyone done Sea World with those big tour buses? How long do you have in SW? Can you recommend any good tour companies? How long of a drive is it? I'm concerned that my 3 year old would not tolerate the loooong drive especially in a bus.

I know that renting a car would be better but we really didn't want to drive as we are worried we might be so pooped at the end of the day that it's probably safer to have someone else do the driving. I don't know, depending on the pros & cons, we might have to drive in the end--just wanted to see if we can get away with not driving.

We just went to Sea world May 31, we took Graylines of Southern California, They pick you up at your hotel and then you go to a transfer station and get on the bus going to the local attractions. The drive to San diego took about 2 hours so it was around 4 hrs on the bus total. The driver said it really depends on the traffic as to how long it takes to get there and back, we got lucky and no major accidents or traffic jams to deal with. You leave Anaheim around 8:45am and the bus leaves Sea world at 6:30pm. We had plenty of time to see everything we wanted to see. I will stress that at the Believe show and the Dolphins show when the seats are marked splash zone, they are not kidding you get soaked, Plus its salt water so you are sticky all day long. If you have any other questions, I would be more then happy to try and answer them

crasher11, thanks for the info.

Do you think taking the bus to San Diego with around 4 hour RT travel time will be too much for my 3 year old? I don't think those buses are very comfortable, especially for kids... are they?

crasher11, thanks for the info.

Do you think taking the bus to San Diego with around 4 hour RT travel time will be too much for my 3 year old? I don't think those buses are very comfortable, especially for kids... are they?

The seats on the bus are pretty close to airline seats, they recline and there is only 2 people per side. We took our two sons 5 and 7 and they liked the scenery on the way down. You get to see the Pacific Ocean in a few areas. They slept the entire way home and wasn't too bad at all. Two years ago we took them to Universal Studios which was only an hour or so and they were fine. You can brings snacks and drinks on the bus, that seems to keep them busy during the trip down. The bus has a place to store your stroller so its not a big problem to take it with you. I would say go for it, take some snacks and toys to keep the little one busy and I think you would be fine. Oh and pack sunscreen, we forgot ours at the hotel and they sell it at SW for a very nice price of $ 7.99 for a small tube....

Amtrack would be a nice ride along the coast. Anaheim Resort Transit has a shuttle between DLR and the AMtrack station

Crasher 11, what time did the bus pick you up at the hotel? Approx what time did you arrive in SW & what time did the bus leave for Anaheim? I want to plan it out to see how long we have in Sea World.

We were picked up at 8:15am at the bus stop on Harbor, then sent to a trasfer station and changed buses and were on the way to Sea world around 8:45 or so. The bus left SeaWorld that evening at 6:30pm back to anaheim, you are then taken straight back to the hotels, no stop at a transfer station

I've never done it, but I WOULD do the Amtrak trip.

As for a 3 year old being comfy in a bus...why not? I think my 3 year old would love a bus trip!

I think he'd love a train trip MORE, but he'd still love being on a coach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter