Travel advice I65 to I10

CindyT

Mouseketeer
We are going the WDW in July, pulling a 32 ft. fifth wheel. We have never camped at Disney and we have never pulled our fifth wheel that far (we live in Indiana). We need advice on which route to take from I65 in Montgomery AL to I10 in FL. We are concerned about traffic and gas stations that can accomodate our fifth wheel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- we just love this site!!

CindyT--welcome to the DIS!

We live just outside Nashville, TN, and drove that route to FW once. We thought it would be just a little longer and would give us some different scenery. We did not care for the stretch of road from 65 to 10--US 231. It was a divided highway, but went through many little towns. We also had trouble finding gas stations to pull into because our exit guide had no information for non-interstate roads.

According to my Rand-McNally Tripmaker CD, it will add about 2 hours to your trip to go this way. If you are going through AL for other reasons, then maybe you'll get some info from other travelers about good places to stop for gas. If you decide to take the shorter route (through Nashville, Chattanooga, Atlanta), give me a holler about good places to stop for gas along the way.

Any route you take to get there, you'll love FW!

Even with a car, I wouldn't take that route.

I would get on I-20 at Birmingham, then get over to I-75 in Atlanta.

The roads in LA (lower Alabama) ;-) are terrible (I can say that, I live in Alabama).

Interstate will be a much easier trip.

Now if you are trying to avoid Atlanta, and don't mind the longer drive, your other option is to take I-65 all the way to Mobile where it intersects with I-10, but you will have 9 hours at least from Mobile.

I have made it from Huntsville (northern part of the state) in 10 1/2 hours going through Atlanta.

Hope this helps!

I'm also from Alabama and I agree with the others. We go over to Atlanta and down South from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter