Travel Insurance Help

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
We rented points for a two bedroom at BCV for next January. I'm not traveling with my mom but she has a terminal illness so I want to buy trip insurance just in case. We are a group of 8 (two families). Should I but trip insurance for the whole group? Everyone wants it- will we have any trouble because the other family has no relation to her? Should I insure the whole trip (resort, park tickets, dining, airfare) or not- like could we use our park tickets another time? What if we need to cancel but the other family ends up going? Is there any specific thing I should look for in a policy? I looked at a couple policies and my head was spinning- as well as thinking about all the what ifs.

We used whatever you can buy with the airline tickets. I booked and paid for us and another family. My dh lost his job and we were able to get the money back for both families. A check was written for us, but a separate one for the other family which they gave to us since none of us went on the trip. I hope this info helps. It would be different if the other family uses their own credit card.
You can cancel dining 24 hours ahead and get that fee back. I'm pretty sure you can change the dates on your park tickets though the price might be different.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter