• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Travel Trailer Mattress

tabbytrekker

Mouseketeer
Hello all! It has been awhile that I was on Disboards. The last time I posted was about a trip I was planning to Disney World with my “new” travel trailer. Every time I seem to mention on Disboards my plans to go to Disney World with my travel trailer, something eventually comes up that throws a wrench in the plans. Such as, surprised with kittens one year, and a pesky pandemic another year. So I I’m not going to confirm or deny any camping at Disney World plans on Disboards far in advanced again. haha

Anyway, that isn’t the point of this post. I have a question related to my travel trailer. :Pinkbounc

My travel trailer has bunk beds in it; of course these bunk beds are not a normal bed-size. The area is 30 inches by 74 inches. Does anyone have a suggestion of a place I can buy a mattress (hopefully better than the mats I currently have) that will fit?

If you want to go on the cheap like we did, we bought a foam pad (think 21st century egg crate foam) and cut it to the size of the bunks. We bought a queen size pad and it had enough material to fit both of the bunks. If anything it helped with bed making. It elevated the original mattress so the fitted sheet is easy to wrestle on to them. The kids were much happier with their sleep after this.

If you want to go on the cheap like we did, we bought a foam pad (think 21st century egg crate foam) and cut it to the size of the bunks. We bought a queen size pad and it had enough material to fit both of the bunks. If anything it helped with bed making. It elevated the original mattress so the fitted sheet is easy to wrestle on to them. The kids were much happier with their sleep after this.

@tabbytrekker, this is exactly what we'd do - no way would we pay the prices for RV mattresses. They are normally uncomfortable anyway. In all our camping years, we've always exchanged our mattresses (that came with units) for more comfortable ones. We have kept the ones from new units and put them back in when buying new trailers, or motor homes (which we've had last 15 yrs.). Especially for bunkbeds, which are only large enough for children, foam toppers cut to fit are perfect. You can get them at Sams (3") very reasonable, that's where we have gotten them before.

Hope your camping trip works out this time! :-)

Some just buy memory foam mattress and cut them to fit. The ones on amazon are decent. Just have to look around.

Search for mattresses for Semi trucks, I believe that is the size that is in most sleeper cabs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter