Travelling with kids 6 & 8

CountryDuck

Mouseketeer
First of all, we are travelling in Nov and our original flight starts in the morning around 8:00 and we don't reach Miami until around 8:00 pm! We have two stop overs. The only reason is because we had enough Aeroplan points for four tickets and thats the only flights I could get for the period of time we had! I have my fingers crossed already that the kids will be ok for this period of time! :(
Does anyone have any great travelling tricks for travelling with kids?

I guess its a 4 hour drive to Orlando so we will stay in Miami the first night. Should we plan on doing much the second day or just take it easy. I know the kids will want to get goig to WDW but, would a half day be a waist of a hopper pass?

I was thinking on getting a 7 day pass but, as we will be in Orlando from noon on a Sunday to noon on the following Monday.

:confused:

Hi, Countryduck. I hear November is a wonderful time to go, weatherwise. I teach, so it is HOT August for me!

Firstly, for your passes: Remember that if you buy Parkhopper (plus or not), they are good forever, so go with what you can afford! 7 day sounds good! Do you have Disney Club to get the discounts on them here in Canada? Any chance of going again within the year? If so, I'd recommend the Annual Pass (and then , yes, start the parks! )

Secondly, for your first day, you could do the swim in the pool/resort hop/ Downtown Disney to get in the mood. Personally, our first stop is always BELZ and the factory outlet stores. The kids can get their souvenirs (CHEAP), and then don't need to worry about them again for the rest of their trip! Now, they DO keep their eye out in the parks for something special, but the cheaper ones do just fine!. You could have dinner at Chef Mickey's and see the Electric Water Pageant from the beach at Poly, GF or WL, then get an early night for a full day the next!

Have a great time!

Hi Debbie,

I called the Disney Store and they gave me a price of471.89(adult) and 379.67(child) taxes included. Would the Disney Club give us a better price? We will not be going back this year, so would it be worth it.

Right now we are staying at HIFS but, I am still waiting to see if they come out with any special codes for WDW Resorts.

Your advice has been very helpfu!

One other thing, we haven't told our kids yet. They think we are going in another two years. I would love for it to be a Big surprise and not tell them until we are on our way to the Airport!
:D :D
Any thoghts?

Disney Club will give you @ 5% discount on each ticket, so it quickly becomes worth it, especially if you do any other shopping at DS. :) Personally, I like the magazine ;) ! What a wonderful thing for your kids! They'll be so excited. Maybe you could have a little travel bag for the plane with Disney stuff (Disney book, pin, pix, a beanie picked up at the Disney store). I've booked the Akershus at Epcot, and that's when I'll let mine know that we have another 5 full days---for Disney! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter