Travelocity...What should we do?

kjh

Mouseketeer
I booked our hotel (Carousel Inn & Suite) through Travelocity back in early July (maybe even June). I have called and emailed the hotel because I wanted to know how much it would cost to upgrade to a suite (if one was available). To my dismay...they don't even have my reservation. I have called Travelocity 3 times in the past 3 weeks or so, each time they promise me that the hotel will have my reservations confirmed in 10 minutes...a few days go by and I contact the hotel, no reservations. I don't want to lose out on the rate that I found and I also read a few threads about no rooms available. I also don't want to be charged for cancelling should my reservations mysteriously show up. I don't think it is the hotel's fault at all, I've been in contact with someone there who has been VERY patient with me and my situation. Anyone else have serious problems with Travelocity? With their guarantee, a part of me thinks that I should just leave it alone and if they don't have my reservations and they don't have room then travelocity will have to find someplace to put me (but then we're travelling with my DD who is only 15 months, not a good way to start our Disney vacation).

I had a similar problem with Expedia a few months ago. I had booked a room in Costa Rica. The hotel called a month after I had booked to tell me that they had no room for us. When I contacted Expedia, they kept assuring me that I had a confirmed reservation. After weeks of going back and forth, Expedia finally contacted the hotel and realized that there was not a room. I was offered a $50 Expedia credit and was on my own to find a room about 2 weeks before our departure. In the end it all worked out because we found a much better resort for about the same price.

My advice is to have Travelocity call the hotel and give you an answer TODAY.

I have no experience with Travelocity but just have to say
Your baby is adorable! :love:
I hope your hotel situation works out and your trip goes smoothly. :wizard:

Thanks tink & 4girlsmom...
looks like I am going to have to give them another call. It's so frustrating. I think I am going to tell them that I will stay on hold for the 10 minutes and have them call to confirm my fax went through. Should've booked PPH when I seen it for $165/night with the 4th night free. Live and learn.
Thanks again!

I believe that many times when using a site like those mentioned that they reserve *a* room at the hotel but don't actually forward your booking information until a few days prior to arrival. In which case the hotel would know that the site had reserved a room for X dates but wouldn't actually know it was your room until closer to the arrival date. I believe they do this precisely so that people can't call the hotel directly and make requests/upgrades etc.

You are almost right, what site like Travelocity do is they actually purchase a group of rooms for dates xx-xx-xxxx through yy-yy-yyyy, by purchassing in such a method they are able to get a group rate, mark it up a little bit and resell to you. I did have some concern when booking my last trip to Disneyworld, as my information packet for the Disney Magical Express never showed up and I called Diseyworld and they simply told me that they would not have the information at the hotel until they day I checked in and I would have to call Travelocity with my concerns, which they took care of immeadiately.

They must not all do it that way. I booked with Expedia in July. Last week I called the Grand Californian Hotel directly, and they had my name in their computer already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter