Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder about the bc being an "indoor corridors" resort. I saw the map where the pet relief area is. I would guess that the rooms will be near this area? Will folks have to walk their dogs through the hotel to get to the relief areas, or can they exit to the outside from the room via the sliding doors to the patio-first floor obviously-

I am not familiar with this resort. I would not like to be walking to breakfast or the bus or anywhere and see dogs walking through the halls and/or the lobby area. I have a phobia of dogs, unrealistic I know, from watching a dog attack a friend. Friend needed multiple surgeries and had long lasting damage.

I personally think this is a pretty cool thing and will work out to be less of a big deal than many are thinking...I live in a very dog friendly resort area and it doesn't appear to hamper tourism or cause crazy incidents with rampaging dogs terrorizing the streets.

Smart of Disney in my opinion - I am an older millennial and neither I nor most of my friends have children (at the most my friends have one child) but most of us have dogs and that does impact vacation plans.

That said, I have a trip planned at POR and the schedule I have planned is a little hectic so I will still be taking my pup to my parents house since I don't plan on taking frequent breaks - that may be something Disney needs to adjust. I know at Universal you can't leave animals unattended and seven hours to me is too long.
So the resort that allows dogs, do they also allow dogs to be left in the room, unattended? For the day?

I've traveled with my dog. I had to. We moved. And unless I was going to leave the dog behind, she had to travel with us. We drove 850 miles to our new home. And we stayed one night in a hotel. It was "pet friendly." But we couldn't leave her in the room alone. AT ALL. If we left the room, someone either stayed behind or we took her out to the car. (It was cool outside, so we could leave her there for a short period.)

Disney is allowing guests to leave their animal at the resort while they go to the park. NO ONE will have a clue how long they are left alone. NO ONE will enforce the rules that Disney posts. We know this. They don't enforce smoking areas. They don't enforce "no cutting in line." This will be no better.

I just wonder about the bc being an "indoor corridors" resort. I saw the map where the pet relief area is. I would guess that the rooms will be near this area? Will folks have to walk their dogs through the hotel to get to the relief areas, or can they exit to the outside from the room via the sliding doors to the patio-first floor obviously-

I am not familiar with this resort. I would not like to be walking to breakfast or the bus or anywhere and see dogs walking through the halls and/or the lobby area. I have a phobia of dogs, unrealistic I know, from watching a dog attack a friend. Friend needed multiple surgeries and had long lasting damage.
Beach Club Villas do not have an an exit from the patio. And there isn't a way to lock the door as you leave. It locks from the inside. I don't know about the resort rooms.

I don't think one disability trumps another, and in saying that you run into the problem of telling someone they can't stay in a certain room because they have a dog. Our dogs are medical equipment and will be with us in the room, park, restaurants, and bathrooms. My dog happens to be a small medical alert dog. At restaurants he is under the table and in park he walks or if to crowded will ride in a backpack just so he is out of people's way and won't get stepped on.

Your medical equipment is a living creature that can trigger another person's disability to act up and ruin their vacation.

An allergic reaction to a dog can cause somebody to have an asthma attack. A dog phobic person can suffer extreme stress and anxiety around them. IMO, people with these disabilities should not have to live among canines on vacation.

This is just my opinion, and the last time I debated this topic on the Dis, I was told that the law does not agree with my feelings. I don't agree that it should be against the law to set aside hotel rooms for people who can't tolerate dogs.

Whether it's a pet or service animal, it's still a canine.

One of the interesting things I've not seen anyone mention is that in certain places, and cultures (and at least one major religion), dogs are considered unclean. Even here in the Midwest we have families who absolutely loathe animals in the house, even if they love them outside. I just wonder why it hasn't been made crystal clear that you can request a room that has never been used as a kennel, it's not that hard to keep track of. I have zero problem with them having dog areas, and I don't mind staying in a room where a dog has been, but I get why others are so upset.

Even if it's only some designated rooms, what about public areas? Especially all around the BW/Crescent lake, therefore affecting BC and BW Guests and non-Guests who are visiting (as Disney encourages them to do). ...Quiet pools, HH, walkways, quick service eating areas? Dogs need to be taken to and from the rooms and relief areas and need fresh air and exercise each day. Plus, it only takes a few to ignore the restrictions and push the boundaries.

This goes beyond a few rooms allowing dogs.

Oh! Carpets! That reminds me of what the dogs will do to the carpets, even if they don't actually urinate and defecate on them. Have you ever seen a dog sit down with its hind legs pointing forward whilst using its front legs to pull themselves along dragging there rear end along the carpet, basically using the carpet like toilet paper? Many dogs have worms, whip worms, roundworms, tapeworms. How utterly charming!

This I why I NEVER walk around in a hotel without shoes. EVER.

I don't think they plan on permanently marking some rooms as dog rooms, and some as non-dog-rooms. The answer for those who want a room that a dog has never been in is to book at a non-dog resort. Of course, that just ignores the whole service dog issue.

From what Disney has put out, it seems they are trying to stress the fact that the rooms will be cleaned more deeply, hence the additional fees.

You need to let them know that you are bringing your dog at the time of booking. I called and verified.

We see posts over and over, "I have a room reservation that fits x number of people. Can an additional person, friend, etc. fit in the room?" If the majority of per owners would be driving and all rooms have the potential to be pet friendly how easy would it be to sneak in a pet? Obviously the pet owner would have to hide the evidence from housekeeping or waive the service.

My question for all the major asthma sufferers-how do you guarantee that you're not staying in a room that has had a dog in it now? Service dogs are allowed anywhere and in any room at any resort. Service dogs still bring in dander and hair and all the allergy related problems. Just curious.

One of the interesting things I've not seen anyone mention is that in certain places, and cultures (and at least one major religion), dogs are considered unclean. Even here in the Midwest we have families who absolutely loathe animals in the house, even if they love them outside. I just wonder why it hasn't been made crystal clear that you can request a room that has never been used as a kennel, it's not that hard to keep track of. I have zero problem with them having dog areas, and I don't mind staying in a room where a dog has been, but I get why others are so upset.

I just spoke to them Demetri at guest service has told me that being Muslim is a choice and you can pay to change resort. He also said you can avoid the lobby and sneak in round the back. Really nice

Expand the existing kennel, build a new kennel or even better: build an exclusive resort just for pets and their owners. But don't force them on the rest of us! The vast majority of other Disney guests I have spoken to agree that this is an awful idea. Please search social media and online forums where your customers have expressed their concerns regarding this matter.

What I would like to see is Resort Kennels at select resorts. Similar to what used to be offered at FW, which was removed when Best Friends took over.

Our issue with Best Friends is that they're always booked up. We've been successful in getting a reservation once. And that wasn't easy.

So, again, it would really nice to follow the old FW model and open kennels back up at select resorts. Or one exclusive resort for owners and/pets, which I mentioned in a pp should be FW.

We see posts over and over, "I have a room reservation that fits x number of people. Can an additional person, friend, etc. fit in the room?" If the majority of per owners would be driving and all rooms have the potential to be pet friendly how easy would it be to sneak in a pet? Obviously the pet owner would have to hide the evidence from housekeeping or waive the service.

I have to believe that this is currently happening as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter