• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trick or Treating with the mouse

We are planning a halloween trip as well for MNSSHP. It wil be me and my sister in law and our kids. We are all big TOY STORY fans and the 4 kids are going to dress up for Halloween like Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bo Peep.Cant wait!!!!!:cool1:

That will be awesome! It's nice to see another Carolina girl on my PTR!! I'm just getting ready to post about our halloween costumes :)

I've been thinking about halloween costumes and have a few ideas--since we're going to mnsshp 3 nights I'm wondering if Ben and I will dress up all 3 times or if we'll just dress up once and do halloween tshirts the other times...I was looking online at costumes and good grief some of the adult costumes are a bit **ahem** suggestive and definitely not disney material...

I know the park will be overrun with alice and wonderland costumes but I really wanted us to do it--
DD--will be Alice, DH will be the mad hatter or the king of hearts, I can't decide if I'll be the white rabbit or the cheshire cat...

next idea--tink for DD, Peter pan for DH, wendy for me....

GenevaClaire has told me that she definitely wants to be Tiana, so the night that she's dressed up as Tiana, then DH and I will just wear Princess and the frog shirts to match her...

so really I guess I'm undecided...:rotfl: what else is new?

on another note ADR date is 8 days away:upsidedow:woohoo::upsidedow

ok so this trip is for my birthday too, right???? So I should be thinking of some seriously cool disney gifts (or at least dreaming......)

well I ran across this--wowsa this is mine come september--it's outrageous, yes I know. The dooney and burke disney collection that came out this year... I really don't need a purse that costs this much............

disneypurse.jpg

I know they are expensive but I want one too!! :rotfl: We shall see if I end up getting one or not...I will be looking forward to hearing if you do as well. :goodvibes

I've been thinking about halloween costumes and have a few ideas--since we're going to mnsshp 3 nights I'm wondering if Ben and I will dress up all 3 times or if we'll just dress up once and do halloween tshirts the other times...I was looking online at costumes and good grief some of the adult costumes are a bit **ahem** suggestive and definitely not disney material...

I know the park will be overrun with alice and wonderland costumes but I really wanted us to do it--
DD--will be Alice, DH will be the mad hatter or the king of hearts, I can't decide if I'll be the white rabbit or the cheshire cat...

next idea--tink for DD, Peter pan for DH, wendy for me....

GenevaClaire has told me that she definitely wants to be Tiana, so the night that she's dressed up as Tiana, then DH and I will just wear Princess and the frog shirts to match her...

so really I guess I'm undecided...:rotfl: what else is new?

on another note ADR date is 8 days away:upsidedow:woohoo::upsidedow

One thing I would comment on, is remember it will be warm and humid so you might want to take that into account when deciding on your and DH's costumes. For our night, DD will be dressed up and I think I will make a shirt for DD and I to wear. :thumbsup2 We talked about dressing up and it has not been ruled out but I am not sure if we will yet.

Hi!:wave2: Looks like we will be at WDW at the same time too! My dates are from 9/25-10/03. It doesn't look like we have the same park days planned but maybe we'll run into you somewhere anyway! I'm gonna keep my eyes open for fellow disers, there seem to be a few of us going at the same time. We've stayed at Pop 3 times and loved it but this time we are staying at CSR for the first time.

--Mary

well some huge changes have happened--actually the whole plan has gone out the window and a new one is being created.... the weather/heat has been a big concern for me and the more I read/talked/etc the more worried I became. Extreme Heat is a big issue for GenevaClaire's breathing--doesn't work well, and spending all day in florida heat/humidity was really worrying me...I've read so many reports about last year and feeling like you were vacationing on the surface of the sun--

SOOOOOOOOOOOO... we've heard better things about the last of October for heat--so we moved the dates to Oct 19 to Oct 30th--I have a meeting for kindergarten for GC in May--- so I'll check on her missing the days of school--if it's an issue then the dates will have to be Oct 21-30--IF they DON'T have an issue with her missing 2 weeks of school then it will be Oct 16 to Oct 30. But as of right now they are Oct 19th to Oct 30th....Confused Yet??? I know it's still going to be hot at the end of Oct but hopefully it will be much better than the last of Sept/early Oct.....I'm begining to think that we need to just stay with the visits in December, but we promised her the halloween party

Now I'm worried about how crowded the MNSSHP parties are going to be since we're getting into the end of October?? But we'll just take it as it comes...

I don't blame you for changing your dates with the heat in September being so hot with GenevaClair's breathing difficulties. I know my TA said the 30th sells out for MNSSHP along with Halloween. If you could swing a date at the beginning, I think you would be good. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter