• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trick or Treating with the mouse

Prepare yourself Long post, lol. Everyone around here thinks I'm crazy for planning the trip this far in advance and in so much detail, but it paid off last year for us. We ( I mean Me) were prepared with all the info that we needed and didn't feel crazy or chaotic NOT ONE TIME. So it's worth it, even if we don't follow the plan completely, it will at least give us a guideline and that's what matters.

I really wish these germs would just go away:headache: It's a revolving door for them here with GenevaClaire and now me, ugh.:sick: nothing major, just an upper respiratory thing. But she's on the mend, still has a serious cough and sounds crackly, but they say she's getting better :)

I've been researching the hotel thing--almost had myself convinced to stay at CBR, and I completely ruled out WL. We've decided on a private school for GenevaClaire next fall (long story, UGH) and it seems foolish to spend that much extra on the lodging for the trip since we'll actually need it for uniforms, tuition, etc. So I've read all the FAQ threads for CBR here on the DIS board, I've read the POFQ and POR threads, and I'm just not sold on any of them. The only reason I'm even wavering on CBR is the Kiddie pirate pool, and I really don't think that's worth the extra 800 or so bucks that it would cost to upgrade??? I know the rooms are larger, so that would be a plus, but not so sure about the food court, with GenevaClaire's sensory problems, we might run into issues, and I'd rather not have to tube feed her....we're trying to keep her on oral feedings and only using the feeding tube if absolutely necessary. And we did do breakfast at POP on the mornings that we didn't have a character breakfast-- So That's my latest solution. To stay at POP, save the 800+ bucks(that is if they do free dining promo this year) and enjoy POP like we did last time :)

This time we'll do a preferred room location, the walk wasn't too crazy last time from the 80's building/computer pool area, we got used to it -- but it would have been much nicer to be closer to classic hall.--maybe the hippy dippy pool area this time.:yay: So that's the deal, I'll book later today with the 30% off Values PIN and then if free dining comes out then I'll just switch promos to the free dining and upgrade to deluxe dining like we did last year.

Renewing my TGM today and hopefully going to get a basic plan down for our park touring and adr's--I'll have to use last years hours as a guide since August is the only actual month that has hours posted yet--but Hopefully the hours for Travel agents will post before our ADR date of 3/29--I have the august TA hours now, so maybe next month we'll get sept's, I hope. If not then we'll just wing it and use UG's parks to avoid dates, but last year those didn't match up with TGM so who knows.......:confused:

I've found the patterns for GenevaClaire's clothes for the trip--some super cute patterns--my mom has already been warned, lol. She's such a good grandma, she's on board with sewing all of it :) GenevaClaire has told me that her "special dress" this year has to be Tiana, (last year was Winter Aurora) so I'll have to contact the seamstress and get that started--I'll have to wait to send her measurements in, because I know she'll grow some between now and the trip, so I'll just make the dress payments and she can create it this summer with accurate measurements.

Already started the Disney Box again with all the trip stuff--it makes so much more sense to buy everything a little each week/month than buying it all right before the trip--it works better, less stress and running around at the end to get everything together...

ok so that's an end to my disney planning rambling today! I feel like I'm talking to myself anyway:rotfl:

Veronica

I've been working on the "plan"--

one of our new adventure days that I have planned will be over at Fort Wilderness

We'll have a leisurely morning hanging out at the pool, nap and then we'll head over to Circle D ranch for a pony ride and petting zoo area. Then we'll do Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop De Doo -- up next will be the campfire singalong with Chip n' dale with some smores over the campfire and then the water pageant from Fort Wilderness/WL area. I'd love to do the haunted wagon ride, but I'm not so sure that GenevaClaire could handle-- it might be too scary:scared1:

I'm pretty happy with this plan--it's going to be alot of fun

ok here's the rough plan for our 2010 Trick or treat trip :)
this is just a rough outline because I'm using last year's park hours to guess closing times for this year and also the crowd predictions from UG's crowd calendar...

so here it is...
but before you start reading--you're going to think I'm nuts or that it's a typo with all the MNSSHP nights, but you're not seeing things...I'm just crazy, nutso or whatever you want to call it, but we're going to MNSSHP 3 nights--we decided last year at MVMCP that one night was not enough, lol. so we will have three chances to do everything this time around! I had even planned multiple mvmcps last year but DH said no, not necessary, this time he's agreeing with me.:rotfl:

2010 trip plan

Sept 25 Sat Arrival day--we should be at POP by 4pm--if the plane is on time and DME isn't crazy busy--if it is, well then we just might take a taxi from the airport to POP
magic kingdom/eat in the park/
2009 closing hours were: 11 pm--so we should be able to spend quite a bit of time there tonight
catch Spectro tonight if they have it….missed it last time
Food will be CS tonight--really don't want to stress about making an ADR if the plane is late or DME takes a long time...

Sept 26 Sunday
sleep in, Breakfast at POP, unpack, play in pool/playground, early lunch, then nap, then MNSSHP at 4 or 5 pm--eat dinner at Magic kingdom. ADR for ???

Sept 27 Monday
Late start day for us because of the party last night...
Hollywood studios day
ADR for?

Sept 28 Tuesday
Magic Kingdom--crystal palace breakfast
back to hotel/pool/nap/dinner?? Probably Chef Mickeys tonight

Sept 29 wed
Epcot day--asherkus Breakfast
Le Cellier late Lunch

Sept 30 Thursday--disneyquest/lunch/nap
MNSSHP tonight for us
be at party by 5 or 6 pm

Oct 1st--Friday
Hollywood studios--Hollywood and vine breakfast/late ADR--
not sure if this will be a fantasmic day or not.... I hope it is--we
will book the Fantasmic dinner pkg if possible....Brown derby or Mama Melrose ADR...
if not then DTD tonight

Oct 2nd Saturday--
AK Tusker House Breakfast--early ADR
Possible Epcot or MK tonight--the marathon might make epcot crazy?? Not to mention FW--so it will probably be MK...(although if Fantasmic is showing tonight we might do Fantasmic dining packages then....hmmm need to think about this one)

oct 3rd-Sunday
Breakfast at POP or possibly at the GF? prior to tea party event...maybe 1900 park faire supercalifragilistic breakfast??? That would be fun, she hasn't been to PF1900 for those characters--and we could go straight from PF1900 to the tea party--that would work out perfectly and Ben wouldn't be starving... Just need to try and figure out a time that would give us enough to eat/meet n' greet with the characters and get to the tea party 10 minutes prior...
My Disney Girl tea party for GC at Grand Floridian at 10:30 am-12
lunch for all of us (tea party food won't qualify as lunch for Ben, lol)--CS?
Fort Wilderness-- Circle D Ranch Pony Ride, Mickeys Backyard BBQ (had to change from HDDR because GC won't eat any of the food at HDDR:sad2:), campfire singalong, electrical water parade

Oct 4th Monday

Water Park morning( if weather is good//if not epcot day)
Mini golf (this is a maybe)
nap time
Downtown Disney that night

Oct 5th--Tuesday
Magic Kingdom--BBB, CRT and Pixies surprise event day for GC Not sure which will happen first... The Pixie event timing depends on what time we can get a BBB appt for and hopefully we can get a 10 am ADR for CRT. Then there will be a 2nd pixies surprise for GenevaClaire after CRT in Fantasy Land :cool1: I'm soooooo excited about her pixie events--I'm not even going to tell Ben, I'll let him be as surprised as she is :)

Oct 6th--Wed --Epcot day for us
Coral Reef lunch for us

Oct 7th--Thursday
my birthday :cool1: not sure where I want to spend the morning at... probably epcot-- I can hear the grand marnier and grey goose slushies calling my name,lol. Plus I think it would be an awesome way to spend my day, because I loooooove Epcot. My backup park will AK :
ressie for Park Faire--yep I chose PF1900, for a few reasons;)
MNSSHP after dinner

Oct 8th--friday
late start day because of the party last night
Geneva pick--- which park she wants to play at today since we have to fly out Saturday morning...

I just want to say that we went Sept 25th-Oct 3rd, 2009 and I had a lot of trouble with booking ADR's because of the free DDP so it's good to plan so far ahead. Also the MNSSHP was amazing and SO worth the $!!

(This is my first post/reply or whatever so I hope it's ok. I'm still trying to figure out how to put photos up. )

We'll be at DHS and MK on the same Monday and Tuesday! We'll miss each other by a day at the TH breakfast- we'll be there Friday, lol.

I just want to say that we went Sept 25th-Oct 3rd, 2009 and I had a lot of trouble with booking ADR's because of the free DDP so it's good to plan so far ahead. Also the MNSSHP was amazing and SO worth the $!!

(This is my first post/reply or whatever so I hope it's ok. I'm still trying to figure out how to put photos up. )

Hi there! I love your username!!! Yep, that's what I'm afraid of...there was free dining when I booked our trip last year in December, but it wasn't too bad, i got everything I wanted so I'm hoping for pixie dust this year!

We're excited about the MNSSHP too--I've heard so many amazing reviews. How were the crowds for everything during that time period?

We'll be at DHS and MK on the same Monday and Tuesday! We'll miss each other by a day at the TH breakfast- we'll be there Friday, lol.
We went to this breakfast last year and it was fantastic! So we had to do it again, too bad we'll miss you by a day--you never know we might run into each other at MK or HS :)

ok i'm crazy--well I guess you knew that already but I'm begining to think that the snow has destroyed my logical reasoning skills:rotfl:

here's my new dilemma--a little background first... I have a goal to run the WDW marathon in Jan 2011. It's the year I turn the big 40. I've ran off and on since high school--after high school it was college and trail running and since college it's been trail running only.
Fast forward to now...

we'll be at wdw during the food and wine 1/2 marathon...I could run the half, I could but would it be selfish? I'll have to take it slow the day before and do nothing with Ben and GenevaClaire the day of the race. I don't know if GenevaClaire can even stand staying up so late to watch any of the race..it's a night race...
am I selfish to even consider this? Should I just stay with the plan and run the 2011 WDW marathon and appease myself this upcoming trip and run the Halloween 5k?
what should I do??????? what would you do?????

I'm back and all caught up! Veronica..with everything you do and deal with, I think you should run the half marathon..how often do you do something for yourself? I have the feeling it's probably not too often. The rest of your plans look good to me. I hope you and GenevaClaire are both feeling tons better than what you were! :hug:

I'm back and all caught up! Veronica..with everything you do and deal with, I think you should run the half marathon..how often do you do something for yourself? I have the feeling it's probably not too often. The rest of your plans look good to me. I hope you and GenevaClaire are both feeling tons better than what you were! :hug:

I'm sooooo happy that you and Piper are out of Club Med! I've missed you're posts! You're right I don't do much for just me...but I'm still up in the air about it.

I've been working on the "plan"--

one of our new adventure days that I have planned will be over at Fort Wilderness

We'll have a leisurely morning hanging out at the pool, nap and then we'll head over to Circle D ranch for a pony ride and petting zoo area. Then we'll do Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop De Doo -- up next will be the campfire singalong with Chip n' dale with some smores over the campfire and then the water pageant from Fort Wilderness/WL area. I'd love to do the haunted wagon ride, but I'm not so sure that GenevaClaire could handle-- it might be too scary:scared1:

I'm pretty happy with this plan--it's going to be alot of fun

I don't think your crazy at all, I'm right there with you. I think you plans look fantastic. I did want to ask you about the HDD and then campfire singalong. I've always wanted to do the campfire thing, but haven't had much success convincing the group. Do you think it would appeal to an 18 & 20 year old couple (they've been in scouts forever so they have done a TON of campfire sing-a-longs) is it too childish?

Pixies surprise event day for GC Not sure which will happen first... The Pixie event timing depends on what time we can get a BBB appt for and hopefully we can get a 10 am ADR for CRT. Then there will be a 2nd pixies surprise for GenevaClaire after CRT in Fantasy Land :cool1: I'm soooooo excited about her pixie events--I'm not even going to tell Ben, I'll let him be as surprised as she is :)
I've never heard of Pixie events, what are they?

In regards to the marathon question - I think that you should do it. Every Mom needs to take some time and do something that they want to do - just for their own fulfilment. If it has been a dream/goal then I think you should work it into your plans. I have always been in awe of anyone that is able to do any type of marathon. Someday I'd like to say that I've completed one as well, if only my knees would cooperate.

J

I don't think your crazy at all, I'm right there with you. I think you plans look fantastic. I did want to ask you about the HDD and then campfire singalong. I've always wanted to do the campfire thing, but haven't had much success convincing the group. Do you think it would appeal to an 18 & 20 year old couple (they've been in scouts forever so they have done a TON of campfire sing-a-longs) is it too childish?

I've never heard of Pixie events, what are they?

In regards to the marathon question - I think that you should do it. Every Mom needs to take some time and do something that they want to do - just for their own fulfilment. If it has been a dream/goal then I think you should work it into your plans. I have always been in awe of anyone that is able to do any type of marathon. Someday I'd like to say that I've completed one as well, if only my knees would cooperate.

J

:cheer2::cheer2:Welcome! Welcome!! :cheer2::cheer2:

we've not been to the campfire before but I think if they are into the outdoors then they would have a great time--we had to switch from Hoop de doo to Mickeys Backyard BBQ, because DD won't eat anything on the menu from HDDR, so instead we'll do the pony rides, then Mickeys BBB and then the campfire and then watch the water parade and if wishes is going on that night then we might see those too, depends on how loud they are from the fort.

The pixies are an event planning group-somehow they have special permission to plan surprises all over WDW--even room decorating:) but we're doing two events with them. Both princess related and I won't give out details but they are going to be AMAZING for my princess loving 5 year old. Not sure if I can put up the actual website but here is the "name" of it, lol.
gifts of a lifetime....

Thank you so much for the encouragement to do the 1/2--it is my goal to run a marathon and I will accomplish it--I know that the 5k will be fun for me, and I am worried about being able to afford going back for marathon weekend... so I may just bite the bullet and do it :) My training plan has just enough time to get me ready for it if I start now....if only the snow would leave:laughing: so I'm leanding towards saying yes I'm doing it.... If running doesn't work for your knees what about walking a marathon? I know tons of people walk the WDW marathon and have a fantastic time without killing their joints.

This post might be all over the place so bear with me today, lol. Forgive me but I'm hijacking my own PTR and putting other stuff besides the PTR--

1st--our flights have finally been put up for sale and we're going to have RT for all 3 of us for 394.00, that's all the taxes, fees, everything but checked luggage fees--non stop flights again. WOOOO HOOOOO I have an option to fly into Charlotte for a later return flight (also non stop) but I'm not sure about having someone drive 1 1/2 hrs to pick us up...so as of right now we'll just fly out of our hometown airport and back.

2nd--we're upgrading to annual passes--I'm planning on returning to Disney during 2011 for marathon weekend possibly(I'm really really hoping that I can swing this trip) then a girls only trip for the princess marathon with my BFF (she's not a runner, heck she's not even a walker but she's a great:cheer2: and she's never been to disney, so I promised we'd go on a bff trip. She won't fly.PERIOD.so we'll be driving from NC--not a bad trip, considering we drive to Chicago) and then another friend of mine goes to WDW a few times a year when she goes to her 2nd home in FLA and our girls are close in age so we want to plan a trip for the girls together :) So the passes will definitely be a cost savings. I just need to get a straight answer about upgrading the WPAM ticket to an annual pass--not sure if we need premium annual passes or not????? I need to price out the difference and see if it's a huge amount---
because I've been told that if we "use" a Water park ticket before we upgrade then we'll have to upgrade to a premium annual pass, but if we upgrade do we lose the water park tickets we've already bought???????....

3rd-I found out that we/I have a few more "trips" other than Disney coming up--
Early spring--we're considering a weekend retreat to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Blue Ridge Pkwy--it looks like an amazing weekend--so that's a probably definitely going.

In july I'll be headed back to Chicago for CHA with my bff--last year I skipped since we were going to Disney, but our other friend begged us to go and do her store ordering for her again this year, so we're going. :cool1: I love Chicago and I'm hoping that it's another fantastic trip this year ( I hate the drive, it takes fooooooooooorever)

August--we're pretty sure we'll be back for our week at Folly Beach/Charleston right before school starts for GenevaClaire, but we won't know until closer to the summer/school's out time for this one...

wow--that looks like alot--my budget is shaking in it's boots--but the weekend retreat is less than 500.00 for all three of us food included, so that's doable, the CHA trip--I'm paying for gas and food, everything else is taken care of, so low cost for me there. The Folly Beach/Charleston trip, we only have to pay for food/gas, the rest is taken care of, so again, not that much, because it's a beach house and we cook/eat there mostly, except one or two nights out to eat, so again a very cheap trip for us.

Plus my parents want to take GC to santa's land again (we missed this year)and GC wants to go camping/fishing--so our summer is going to be busy :) I just wish it were closer, I'm sick of this snow, seriously sick of it.

4th--1/2 marathon--still haven't decided, but I did decide to start my training plan today--it's a short run day, and since it's snowy and below freezing outside I'll be inside sweating away --It won't hurt to start training for it, there is a half marathon here in Asheville that I can run, so no big deal, I'm not training for naught if I decide against the FW 1/2.

well it's been decided no F&W 1/2 for me--too much stress worrying about if I'm ruining the family vacation and it's not working for the overall plan. At this point it's not even certain that I'll do the Halloween 5k, but I've registered and paid, so If I don't run I'll have an expensive MNSSHP ticket:scared1: I'm running a 1/2 marathon here in the Fall before the trip, it's the only real running event our town has, so I'll run it here and then I'll be happy because DH and DD will see me cross the finish line here in our hometown:goodvibes

Our ADR date seems to be getting closer and closer :cool1: We can officially make our adr's on March 29 for the first 10 days and then I'm not sure how/when you make your adr's for the next 5 days--need to find that one out..anyone know?

Did a little Pixie dust shopping for GC, spur of the moment type stuff from michael's. A cute princess lanyard, some disney art kits and a few other goodies. I forgot to take a pic before I "hid" it, so I'll wait till she's at school and get a pic posted of it :)

plus movie night finally is getting started back in full force--we've just been "watching" the movies since it's been a pain to try and get out with all the snow--but this weekend we're back up and going!!

I don't know how I missed so many updates hon, so I apologize for that! :hug: I get you on not doing the halfs, sometimes things just don't work out, that being said..woohoo! for cheap flights, pixies, and annual passes! Piper and I have been to Santa's Land as well, she loved it!

Hello! It has been awhile--I somehow missed all these great updates.I am happy to say I am all caught up!! :goodvibes So sorry about the cards--I would have been upset too. They look fine though IMHO. I know you know they are not what they were suppose to but I don't others will notice.

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your Dalmation Party--I love Genevaclair wanted to dress up to match. :cutie:

Yay for Disney vault movies. I want to get my hands on some too for Disney nights for us. It is crazy on how expensive ink is for printers!! I need to buy more too when it goes on sale or get one of the coupons--my printer is an Epson.

TFS your cards from your last trip, they are great!

We have a few similiarites on our ADR list. We are shooting for 1900 PF, TH breakfast, LTT, Akershus and Coral Reef. We have eaten at Le Cellier in the past. I have read great reviews on the HDDR, WC and Tony's so I will be looking forward to hearing what you think about those places if you do end up choosing them. :goodvibes We are also going to schedule the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party--I think that is going to be so much fun! My DD heard me say something about a tea party to DH and she was like what tea party? :upsidedown

I hope GenevaClair is feeling better!! It is definitely not fun having a sick :sick: child. :( Sick on her birthday--poor girl! Happy birthday to GenevaClair!!

yay for a pin code--I wish I would get one!! :( :woohoo: for a longer trip!! You are going to have such a grand time!!

I know there are people who think I am crazy too for planning this far out in advance, but I want to have a the largest chance for it to run smooth! I think the details are what makes it special :goodvibes

Yay for sewing clothes!! I want to do that for my DD too. I am hoping to start when I get back this weekend from school. We had one custom dress made for her already for her BBB appointment. I am eyeing some more but I want to try my hand at a couple first.

Whew you look like you are going to be busy but have balanced it with great rest periods too! MNSSHP three times!! :) How spectacular. Looking forward to reading about the surprises you have cooking up.

I think you should do the race if it is a goal you have for yourself. I think it would be a great role model to show GenevaClair how it is such a positive and rewarding experience to do something after you work so hard for it. :thumbsup2

Sounds like lots of exciting and fun things heading your way!!

I will have to check out Michael's for a laynard--had not even thought of there. Where in the store (what type of aisle) did you find it in? Thanks for the tip!!

Hello! It has been awhile--I somehow missed all these great updates.I am happy to say I am all caught up!! :goodvibes So sorry about the cards--I would have been upset too. They look fine though IMHO. I know you know they are not what they were suppose to but I don't others will notice.

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your Dalmation Party--I love Genevaclair wanted to dress up to match. :cutie:

Yay for Disney vault movies. I want to get my hands on some too for Disney nights for us. It is crazy on how expensive ink is for printers!! I need to buy more too when it goes on sale or get one of the coupons--my printer is an Epson.

TFS your cards from your last trip, they are great!

We have a few similiarites on our ADR list. We are shooting for 1900 PF, TH breakfast, LTT, Akershus and Coral Reef. We have eaten at Le Cellier in the past. I have read great reviews on the HDDR, WC and Tony's so I will be looking forward to hearing what you think about those places if you do end up choosing them. :goodvibes We are also going to schedule the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party--I think that is going to be so much fun! My DD heard me say something about a tea party to DH and she was like what tea party? :upsidedown

I hope GenevaClair is feeling better!! It is definitely not fun having a sick :sick: child. :( Sick on her birthday--poor girl! Happy birthday to GenevaClair!!

yay for a pin code--I wish I would get one!! :( :woohoo: for a longer trip!! You are going to have such a grand time!!

I know there are people who think I am crazy too for planning this far out in advance, but I want to have a the largest chance for it to run smooth! I think the details are what makes it special :goodvibes

Yay for sewing clothes!! I want to do that for my DD too. I am hoping to start when I get back this weekend from school. We had one custom dress made for her already for her BBB appointment. I am eyeing some more but I want to try my hand at a couple first.

Whew you look like you are going to be busy but have balanced it with great rest periods too! MNSSHP three times!! :) How spectacular. Looking forward to reading about the surprises you have cooking up.

I think you should do the race if it is a goal you have for yourself. I think it would be a great role model to show GenevaClair how it is such a positive and rewarding experience to do something after you work so hard for it. :thumbsup2

Sounds like lots of exciting and fun things heading your way!!

I will have to check out Michael's for a laynard--had not even thought of there. Where in the store (what type of aisle) did you find it in? Thanks for the tip!!

sorry it took me so long to reply back--sicko little one--ugh. It's been a rollercoaster around here this winter with pneumonia, and it just keeps getting worse.
I got the lanyards in the dollar bin section at Michaels--they had toystory, tink and the princess one.

I posted on my PTR but I sure hope GC is feeling better!! :hug:

thank you! She's still seriously deaf from it--the tv has to be turned up loud enough for the goats down the road to hear it:rotfl: (yes we live that far out in the country, lol) she's feeling yucky, but not as yucky as before (or at least that's what she told me and her daddy earlier tonight)

ok so this trip is for my birthday too, right???? So I should be thinking of some seriously cool disney gifts (or at least dreaming......)

well I ran across this--wowsa this is mine come september--it's outrageous, yes I know. The dooney and burke disney collection that came out this year... I really don't need a purse that costs this much............

disneypurse.jpg

We are planning a halloween trip as well for MNSSHP. It wil be me and my sister in law and our kids. We are all big TOY STORY fans and the 4 kids are going to dress up for Halloween like Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bo Peep.Cant wait!!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter