• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tried to make resevations today, but....

dvcsully

Mouseketeer
I tried calling member services today but could not get through for most of the day (busy signal). When I did get through, I was on hold for 30 minutes each time. I have never had problems like this before. Is there something that I am missing? Any suggestions.

Don't forget you can use e-mail to make reservations.

Monday is historically the busiest day. Also, people were reporting having difficulty getting through last week as well. Several factors might be involved: 1) More members are coming on board with sales of VWL 2) People are booking for next July 3) The 2002 point charts for non-DVC bookings have presented folks with choices and some unexpected amounts of points necessary. People who made reservations pending the announcement of points required are probably calling to finalize their plans.

There have been periods of time before where MS is overloaded. If it looks like it will be permanent, they sometimes add staff. If it's a temporary blip we just have to be patient.

And keep in mind that historically, Monday is the busiest day of the week for member services.

I tried for 4 hours to get through today and got a busy signal. When I finally got through I was on hold for 45 minutes.

Having said that, when I got through I received fantastic service-above and beyond anything that anyone would expect. I continue to be amazed at the quality of service that Member Services provides.

dialed MS today right at 9 am and got rigth on......not even the wait message and music....

one of the fastest time for me so far.....

so early attempts might be better

hi: one of the cms i spoke with a couple weeks ago said there had been a bit of "downsizing"/cutbacks regarding the cms at ms.

Regarding MS busy signals...
I don't know which number you are trying, but I have found it is frequently easier to at least get into the queue if I do not call the 800 number and use the regular number. If you don't mind paying the long distance and it is important to you to get your reservation made, you might try that.

I don't think there have been any downsizing/cutbacks going on in MS, I think it's the tremendous growth that dvc has experienced in the last couple of years. According to some friends of friends who work in MS, they do have about 25 more people going through training right now who should be coming online to help out there shortly.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter