Trip Cancellation or use Visa insurance?

Linds

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading my Royal bank Visa to the Gold Preferred Card for its trip cancellation insurance(for an extra $100). Expedia offers similar coverage for 31.50 p.p. and it appears that the Visa is the best (cheapest) way to go for our large family of 6.

There are 12 pages of fine print that I have scanned through but feel I may be missing something...

Has anybody done a comparison of credit card insurance benefits vs. Pirvate insurance companies in the past that could offer me any guidance?

It's been a long time since I've scanned through 12 pages of fine print, Linds, in fact I'm not sure I ever have...as far as credit cards go. :o

We have the Visa Gold, and I also like the fact that it insures purchases for...um...er....a certain period of time, and covers ...um....other stuff too!! :o :rolleyes: :p DH is up on the benefits of it, I'm better at whipping it out of my wallet and handing it to the salespeople. ;)

I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer your question, but I hope someone else can. We can consider this a thread ~Bump~! :)

Oh my gosh, where are my manners? I almost forgot....Welcome to the DIS! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter