Trip details- here now!

Gosh, I have my fingers crossed so hard for the OP that they get to see Fantasmic tonight. Such a bad thunder and lightning storm passed through not long ago and I was thinking “Nooooooooo!! @katyringo is supposed to watch Fantasmic tonight!!” 🤞🤞🤞
Yeah.. not looking good. They canceled the first show. Said we could bring our vouchers back your second.. but radar doesn't look promising. Gonna be sad for a minute .. okay maybe more than a minute but Disney can't control the weather. Might plead my case for a refund on the package.. but I know the disclaimer.

Yeah.. not looking good. They canceled the first show. Said we could bring our vouchers back your second.. but radar doesn't look promising. Gonna be sad for a minute .. okay maybe more than a minute but Disney can't control the weather. Might plead my case for a refund on the package.. but I know the disclaimer.
Nooooooooooooooooooo! This weather is so unusual for us too! I’m so sorry!

So today. Disneyland. The weather along with very big crowds made today a little challenging. We had a successful early entry, and we spent time on Main Street seeing characters in their Halloween best. We got castle pictures and pumpkin Mickey pictures. We rode space and Indians Jones with LL. We tried to do thunder but it went down and it converted. We left the park around 1pm. We had a nice time at the pool and had some dole whip pool side at DLH.

We headed back to the parks via monorail around 530
To get our hungry bear food. Honestly while we were eating is when it all started to fall apart a bit. The weather took a turn and was just awful for several hours. Every ride outdoors closed. We had some multiple experience passes. We did pirates, we got some snacks, but with that many people in the park and all those rides closed it was.. a lot. We had not used a stroller at all up to this point, but I brought it this evening because there were just so many people in the park that walking around while holding her hand was hard. I was worried I was going to lose her in the crowd. Ultimately fireworks happened in-between two storms and both Fantasmic shows were canceled. Super bummed. It's my all time favorite and we only had one day to see it. We haven't seen it since 2019. I am mostly positive, but Disney running this show weekends only when the crowds are like this and one of their parks is closed early several nights a week for a party is a bit frustrating. I tried to stop at guest services, but was given the "you are paying for the food, and then given a complimentary ticket" line. I do understand I accepted the terms. I was polite with guest services and accepted it. I do plan to try an e-mail or maybe guest services here at the hotel. We paid $125 for hungry bear.. but again.. I do understand the terms I agreed to and will not make a stink, just a nice polite request. My husband had taken the littlest back to the room after the first show was canceled, my son and I did get to do a smugglers LL and when thunder opened for a short time between storms we rode two times in a row with a multiple experience pass. Not all was lost this day, but not our greatest Disney day. Stupid weather.

Oh I forgot to mention our expirence with Matterhorn yesterday. One we were in the park I booked a LL for Matterhorn at 8am. I had a hunch it wouldn't open on time. I was right. It converted and then Matterhorn stopped offering LL and wa a closed most of the morning. It opened and we made our way back and used our converted LL. We rode the ride, my kids love the Yeti. At the end of the ride, there was a group taking too long loading and to keep the ride from shutting down, the CM moved us over to an alternative track. We maybe had to wait an extra few minutes, but the CM asked us if we wanted to ride again anyway.. YES! So we got double ride on the Matterhorn.

I’m sorry @katyringo

I do think it’s borderline criminal what they charge for those food packages…. And then you don’t get your money back if they cancel the show. I realize they disclose it, but still. It’s not right.

So after our disappointing night last night, we had an incredible experience at princess breakfast. I was blown away.

I’m so glad….. I had an absolutely wonderful experience at the Napa Rose princess breakfast! I’m so glad you did too.

Only showing Fantasmic! on weekends in October when it’s so busy is terrible. We couldn’t see it when we were there either and it wasn’t even canceled. They did have it on Tuesdays in October in 2019.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! This weather is so unusual for us too! I’m so sorry!

You know, we were talking about that last night. It's actually NOT unusual. We recalled last year a massive thunderstorm hit during one of the OBB parties. And in late October 2020, the huge wildfire that caused us to have to evacuate was started by a lightning strike. October thunderstorms are pretty typical.

I'm sorry your Fantasmic show got cancelled. This happened to us on 10/9 – the first show got cancelled for unknown reasons after we had already eaten at Hungry Bear.

We did go back to Guest Services, who recommended going to the restaurant for "recovery." They offered a voucher for the next weekend (which does me no good living out of state). I pointed out that I would have never paid $100+ for the food (which was almost inedible our night) and they did refund us in full. Not sure if that was just luck, me pushing a bit, or the fact that it was caused by something on Disney's end, not weather.

Happy to hear your Princess breakfast was great!

I'm sorry your Fantasmic show got cancelled. This happened to us on 10/9 – the first show got cancelled for unknown reasons after we had already eaten at Hungry Bear.

We did go back to Guest Services, who recommended going to the restaurant for "recovery." They offered a voucher for the next weekend (which does me no good living out of state). I pointed out that I would have never paid $100+ for the food (which was almost inedible our night) and they did refund us in full. Not sure if that was just luck, me pushing a bit, or the fact that it was caused by something on Disney's end, not weather.

Happy to hear your Princess breakfast was great!
I will try this when we are back in the park tomorrow. So far guest services and chat have done nothing for us but repeat the disclosure.

We are in the parks for OBB. We arrived to the grand entrance around 2:40 and it took until about 3:15 to get through security, scanning in and getting wrist bands. We tried to go to animation academy but it hit capacity for the 330 show. We have done some serious damage shopping at off the page, my son spent all his spending money on a spiderbot and Dr. strange cover after thinking about it the whole trip. Hubby ran back to the hotel to drop stuff. Apparently the transfer to the hotel ends at 3pm? We haven't used it at all. You try telling a kid the thing they just bought has to go away.. lol! We are about to go take some pictures, we have a mobile order in for pacific warf and our plan is to catch the first Mikey show at the start of OBB.

Yesterday we slept in. We did princess breakfast at 10am and it was beyond great. The boys went to black tap and my son got a huge cookie milkshake. We did some swimming and then went to OBB. I wrote a detailed OBB report on that thread. It was great. I can't believe today is our last day. We are going to Disneyland.

Yesterday we slept in. We did princess breakfast at 10am and it was beyond great. The boys went to black tap and my son got a huge cookie milkshake. We did some swimming and then went to OBB. I wrote a detailed OBB report on that thread. It was great. I can't believe today is our last day. We are going to Disneyland.
I have really enjoyed reading about your days! Thank you for posting!

We are trying rop droping Rise this morning. We are at the front of the line up in fantasy land, having used our EE to line up. Just my son and I. Hubby and little are riding rides. Knowing Rise doesn't always open on time, I am like 50/50 if this will work or not.

We are trying rop droping Rise this morning. We are at the front of the line up in fantasy land, having used our EE to line up. Just my son and I. Hubby and little are riding rides. Knowing Rise doesn't always open on time, I am like 50/50 if this will work or not.

Good luck!!!!! I rode it for the first time at wdw last month and it was amazing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter