Trip Insurance

Over the years, we have not made a habit of getting trip insurance. On our two previous DCL cruises, I don't recall bothering with trip insurance as hell nor high water was going to stop us. The first cruise sailed a few days after Hurricane Michael, which closed large sections of I-95 and forced us to alter our route south -- this also forced cancellation of the cruise immediately preceding ours. Fortunately, that "high water" didn't stop us.

I can remember one other time that I did choose to purchase the trip insurance and it ended up being of great benefit to us when we had to cut that vacation short for medical reasons.

In the current world climate there are just too many stupid things that can happen -- either with being infected with COVID, family emergencies, or just personal situations. This time it made sense to get the trip insurance and so far I am glad that we did as it has eased my mind with all of these unknown variables surrounding us.

This is the world that we currently live in. There is more risk inherent in anything we choose to do in the midst of this pandemic, so don't be afraid to take some more-than-usual steps to mitigate it some.

I also feel better about it as we are driving to Florida, so we don't have to be concerned with flight arrangements and such. If the 'unthinkable' happens, we get into our car, go home, and quarantine ourselves there. It's not a short drive (we are in NC), but it is an acceptable risk -- and the payoff is a great vacation on a less-crowded-than-usual ship where most, if not all of the activities that we like to do will still be available to us.
...Now all that needs to happen is that Cruise Day needs to get here so that we can properly celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter