Trip Report BWV 9/1-9/2

Uh_Oa

Mouseketeer
Here goes my first trip report. DW and I came down for a quick trip to do F&W and some shopping sans kids.

Day 1
Finally arrived around noon after a delay at BWI (seems to be the norm there lately).
Our room was ready as we were driving to the resort. Made a quick stop at Publix for some essentials. The guard was great at BWV, energetic and genuinely excited. Got to our room 3051. This is a Boardwalk view room. Its in the lobby entrance area so we were only able to see part of the Boardwalk and lake due to a tree. It's still a great view though. Dropped our bags and headed to Epcot. Epcot wasn't too busy so we were able to get everything fairly quickly. After about 5-6 hours we headed back to the room to relax a little bit. It was a long day after catching a 6 AM flight. At 8:30 we went down to the boardwalk for a margarita night cap and some pizza. It was perfect timing as we caught the MK fireworks and then the Epcot fireworks. Did some browsing at the Screen Door and Wyland Galleries. After that we decided to call it a day.

Day 2 Check out day😭
Made coffee and enjoyed the patio. "The best part of a DVC vacation"
Went down to the Screen Door again to pick up some last minute souvenirs. Got back to the room and started packing and received a knock on the door. It was housekeeping just asking if we needed anything. I thought this was great. To me it's that little bit extra. I made sure to mention her in my survey comments. We finished packing, loaded up the car, then took the Skyliner to Riviera for breakfast at Primo Piatto. I had the lemon blueberry pancakes and DW had the French toast. The service was excellent, friendly CMs everywhere. The food was excellent. We wanted to see the rooms at Riviera so we went to the lobby and checked in at the DVC desk. One of the CMs there is from a town close to where we live so that was great. Love that part of Disney. You can immediately make a connection with CMs that way. We looked at the two bedroom lock-off and tower studio. DW loved the size of the rooms. We own at PVB resale so Riviera. We're strongly considering a small contract at Riviera for our short adult only trips and/or every other year trips or something in between. We love the Boardwalk area but the length of contract left doesn't make sense financially.

After that we went back to the car and headed to Disney Springs. Checked out World of Disney (of course) and a few of the other shops in that area. Then went to The Boathouse for a late lunch. We were still pretty full from the late breakfast. We went straight to the outside bar out back. If you've never done that, check it out it's worth it. We had a couple drinks and split the sliders. We told them we were going to split it and the served it on two separate plates for us. Another great service moment. After lunch we made our way back to the car and headed to the airport.

Cast Members on this trip were absolutely amazing. I haven't experienced this kind of service at Disney in a long time. It was better then our February trip. I hope it continues. I couldn't tell if it was less crowded or just that now things were open. We only went to Epcot, it wasn't ever overly crowded there. It lightened up mid day but got busier again as it got into the evening. I'm sure that's because of park hopping. The Boardwalk was definitely busier then our February trip there. More things were open and open later. Still not crowded by any means. We'll be back in November so it will be interesting to see how crowds are then with the 50th celebration in full swing.

Nice short trip :) Regarding housekeeping, it's common for housekeepers to knock on your door well before checkout time, in order to hurry you up so you check out early.

Thanks for posting this. It’s nice when someone takes the time to write something so “happy”. You did a lot in a short amount of time. My daughter used some of our Riviera points to stay in a tower room for a couple of nights. Fell in love with the whole resort. Tower room was perfect for two for a couple of nights. They could not get over the size and beauty of the bathroom. She’s looking to add on with a small direct contract and a small resale contract. Already owns BLT points.

We love BoardWalk too. It’s in a perfect spot. It’s never boring being there. Great places to dine at Swan and Dolphin too. Hoping the Flying Fish reopens soon. There are a couple of Boardwalk view rooms that are not the greatest. We usually opt for standard since it’s such a point saver. Love sitting on the big veranda outside the lobby, watching the MK fireworks and people watching. We love all the DVC WDW resorts....although we still have not stayed at Grand Floridian. Maybe next year.

Glad you had a nice trip.

Nice short trip :) Regarding housekeeping, it's common for housekeepers to knock on your door well before checkout time, in order to hurry you up so you check out early.
I've never had that happen before. I just thought it was a nice touch.

Thanks for posting this. It’s nice when someone takes the time to write something so “happy”. You did a lot in a short amount of time. My daughter used some of our Riviera points to stay in a tower room for a couple of nights. Fell in love with the whole resort. Tower room was perfect for two for a couple of nights. They could not get over the size and beauty of the bathroom. She’s looking to add on with a small direct contract and a small resale contract. Already owns BLT points.

We love BoardWalk too. It’s in a perfect spot. It’s never boring being there. Great places to dine at Swan and Dolphin too. Hoping the Flying Fish reopens soon. There are a couple of Boardwalk view rooms that are not the greatest. We usually opt for standard since it’s such a point saver. Love sitting on the big veranda outside the lobby, watching the MK fireworks and people watching. We love all the DVC WDW resorts....although we still have not stayed at Grand Floridian. Maybe next year.

Glad you had a nice trip.
The visit to Riviera really got us thinking. Addonitus reared its nasty head lol. My DW loved the tower studio for our short adults only trips. We started with a day trip last January, went to this overnighter, now we're thinking two nights will be perfect. We own at PVB, bought resale last year. We absolutely love the Polynesian. The vibe is our style so we're going to keep it and get a small 50-75 point contract at RIV. We love BWV, but the math doesn't make long term sense for my logic. RIV is a good compromise. The rooms are nice. You only love once!

BWV is especially bad about knocking every 30-50 minutes, even if you tell them when they knock at 7AM that you are staying until 11AM checkout time. Basically they nag and make it so miserable you leave.

I’ve stayed at BWV more times than I can remember, and many other DVC resorts in the last 22 plus years, and have never had housekeeping knocking on the door. Just lucky I guess. I always make sure the Room Occupied tag is on the door handle. Will also call housekeeping before we leave to let them know the room is being vacated so it can be cleaned for the next guest.

This was also the first trip we took using the app instead of Magic Bands (completely forgot to pack them). Everything worked as it should. Accessing the unlock door function takes a little bit. I've used it on other trips before and never noticed until this trip. You do get a cool sound and picture when you use the phone though. It also worked no problem getting into the park and the ring glows purple and says Welcome Home.
Screenshot_20210902-100708.png

BWV is especially bad about knocking every 30-50 minutes, even if you tell them when they knock at 7AM that you are staying until 11AM checkout time. Basically they nag and make it so miserable you leave.

Been going to my home resort, BWV since before 2000. On check out day, housekeepers will sometimes knock. The earliest knock I've had is around 9am. Sometimes I'm leaving early, sometimes not until close to 11. So, I put out the do not disturb sometimes. Usually I am up early and 'do not disturb' is so I can get a 'private' shower.

Also have stayed at many of the other WDW resorts. Occasionally get a knock elsewhere also.

Been going to my home resort, BWV since before 2000. On check out day, housekeepers will sometimes knock. The earliest knock I've had is around 9am. Sometimes I'm leaving early, sometimes not until close to 11. So, I put out the do not disturb sometimes. Usually I am up early and 'do not disturb' is so I can get a 'private' shower.

Also have stayed at many of the other WDW resorts. Occasionally get a knock elsewhere also.
Just returned from WDW 9/14, and on checkout morning at BWV, housekeeping knocked at 7AM, per my usual experience. I left about 30 minutes after, so did not get the usual repeat knockings. The hang tag says "room occupied", not "do not disturb" since they started the daily trash collection and safety check.

Just returned from WDW 9/14, and on checkout morning at BWV, housekeeping knocked at 7AM, per my usual experience. I left about 30 minutes after, so did not get the usual repeat knockings. The hang tag says "room occupied", not "do not disturb" since they started the daily trash collection and safety check.

You do have bad luck! Sorry this is happening to you. I'm usually in the standard view area and don't even see them in the hallways at that time, but, I haven't been back since Feb 2020.

I do remember one trip where I had a Boardwalk view room and they were camped outside my door around 9am waiting for me to leave.

At 8:30 we went down to the boardwalk for a margarita night cap and some pizza. It was perfect timing as we caught the MK fireworks and then the Epcot fireworks.

Can you see both sets of fireworks from the boardwalk??

We're we're able to see MK, Epcot, and HS fireworks standing out on the Boardwalk itself. MK was a little ways away but we could still see some of it.

We stayed in room 3051 years ago and enjoyed the big balcony and view of the lawn. Even though it is a garden/pool view room, being so close to the Boardwalk was nice! The next trip after that we booked a Boardwalk view and were right over Screendoor. Boardwalk Villas is our favorite resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter