• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip Report ?s

Clarf

Haunted Mansion or Bust.
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I thought I'd start here. We leave for WDW in 16 days, and I really want to write my first ever TR when we return. I don't know some of the basics, though. How do I multi-quote when doing replies? How do I link my TR title in my signature? I'm sure I'll have more questions after I start it, but I've been thinking about these. If this isn't a good place to ask this, please direct me on where to get more info. Thank you!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I thought I'd start here. We leave for WDW in 16 days, and I really want to write my first ever TR when we return. I don't know some of the basics, though. How do I multi-quote when doing replies? How do I link my TR title in my signature? I'm sure I'll have more questions after I start it, but I've been thinking about these. If this isn't a good place to ask this, please direct me on where to get more info. Thank you!

There is a button with a plus sign next to the quote button. Just hit the plus sign on each poster you wish to quote. When you have all the quotes you need, then you click the quote button on any of them. They will appear in a response box and you can reply accordingly.

To link title of report--on first page of your report, copy the URL and then to to edit signature and place it in there. It may put the commands automatically so that it will become a clickable link. It does this when I post them. But I don't recall.

Yay! I'm so excited that you want to do a trip report! You know that I'll be following along if you do. Looks like you've gotten the answers to your questions already. I'll be more than happy to help you out if you need answers in order to get started.

Lisa's answer is 100% correct, so I have nothing to add beyond "A Clarf Trip Report? I'm in!"

Actually, I can add some unsolicited advice. TAKE NOTES. Even if it's not until the end of the day, when you get back to the room. Otherwise, you'll probably forget a lot of the little details that make TRs fun to read. We got in the habit of adding notes on Kristin's iPod whenever we got the chance (at meals, in queues, etc.) It's invaluable.

There is a button with a plus sign next to the quote button. Just hit the plus sign on each poster you wish to quote. When you have all the quotes you need, then you click the quote button on any of them. They will appear in a response box and you can reply accordingly.

To link title of report--on first page of your report, copy the URL and then to to edit signature and place it in there. It may put the commands automatically so that it will become a clickable link. It does this when I post them. But I don't recall.

Thank you! I'll give it a try! And this is the same thing if I want to do chapter links I'm guessing?

Yay! I'm so excited that you want to do a trip report! You know that I'll be following along if you do. Looks like you've gotten the answers to your questions already. I'll be more than happy to help you out if you need answers in order to get started.

Awesome! I'll let you know when it's up and running and will definitely let you know if I have questions. I'm sure I will! And, your dresses will have a part in the report. :)

Lisa's answer is 100% correct, so I have nothing to add beyond "A Clarf Trip Report? I'm in!"

Actually, I can add some unsolicited advice. TAKE NOTES. Even if it's not until the end of the day, when you get back to the room. Otherwise, you'll probably forget a lot of the little details that make TRs fun to read. We got in the habit of adding notes on Kristin's iPod whenever we got the chance (at meals, in queues, etc.) It's invaluable.

I'll be glad to have you on board! I need to convince my DH I need to take pictures of our food. That will be fun. And thanks for the tip on the notes! I'll do that for sure!

Woo hoo! I think the multiquote worked! That was easy. I have a feeling the linking won't be so easy.

Thank you! I'll give it a try! And this is the same thing if I want to do chapter links I'm guessing?

For the chapter links, I'd suggest using the POST tag instead of hyperlinks. Using POST will navigate to the chapter and show subsequent posts, while a link will just show the post your are linking to. A lot of people use links, but that sort of irks me, so I use POST tags instead :)

Click on each of these and scroll down to see the difference.

Link

[POST=51585073]POST[/POST]

Instructions are here:

http://www.disboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#post

The Post ID can be found up in the URL of the post you are linking to.

Oh yeah, and LOTS of photos of the newborn gorilla. Please. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter