Trip Report

frenchfuntogo

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We were due to fly to CDG on Tues 4th but our flight was cancelled on Mon night due to volcanic ash. Re-booked for Wed morning & kept fingers & toes crossed all day Tues. Thankfully our flight left at 7.00a.m. & the airport closed at 11.00a.m.

Arrived in CDG & had arranged for John from Ezyshuttle to collect us. He had kept in touch with us on Tues when he discovered that our flight was cancelled. An excellent service & would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone.

Check in at Hotel New York was busy but well organised & speedy. Room wasn't ready so headed off to the park. It was freezing cold. Bright & sunny but a cutting wind. Ate in Cafe Mickey at 7.30 & it was great for the kids to get their photos & autographs. Much easier than queuing in the park during the day. Everyone really tired so off to bed.

Day 2 headed to Walt Disney Studios. Not too busy. The worse queues were for Crushs Coaster. Kids had a ball & couldn't believe it when DS2 aged 6 went on Aerosmith Rocking Roller Coaster twice. A real roller coaster junkie!! Went to Steak House in Disney Village for dinner & it was really good.

Day 3 - headed for Paris for a busy day of sight seeing. Weather started to get a bit warmer thankfully.

Day 4 - Back to Disney Park. Headed straight for Big Thunder Mountain as it had been closed all week for maintenance. Queues were already 90 mins. Used our fast pass & headed off to do other rides. When got back at our fast pass time, the ride was closed due to technical reasons!! We were told we could use our pass at any time during the day once the ride re-opened. Every time we checked during the day, the queues were huge. Eventually at home time around 8p.m. there was no-one there so we were able to walk straight on. It was a Saturday & the park was really busy & the queues were so long in comparison to weekdays. Brought the kids to the Buffalo Bills show. Food is horrible to say the least but the show is very good & well worth a trip especially if you have boys.

Day 5 (home day) - Packed up & checked out of the hotel & had agreed that the boys could go back & do their favourite rides. On our way into park, I got a text to say that our "flight was cancelled due to volcanic ash". I decided to head back to hotel to re-book flights & sort out hotel for the night while DH stayed in the park with the boys. Hotel New York hiked up their prices so just in case the insurance company wouldn't cough up we decided to move to Hotel Santa Fe. The staff in Hotel New York were fantastic. They phoned central reservations & made the booking & then arranged to have our luggage sent on. It meant that we could stay in the park until 8p.m., headed for dinner in the village & then headed to Santa Fe to check in. Its certainly not as luxurious or nice as Hotel NY but it was clean & only a fraction of the cost.

Day 6 - Had a late breakfast & checked out. Had arranged with John to collect us on Monday morning instead when the flight was cancelled. Again nothing was a problem for him.

All in all, a great time was had by all. Hotel NY is lovely but don't think its 4* by Irish standards. Everything was well organised & breakfast was well stocked & very fresh. Staff really nice and extremely helpful. The bar is very expensive if you want to have a drink there are cheaper options.

Have to say I do prefer Disney Orlando for various reasons. As in all theme parks, eating & drinking in the park & surrounding areas is expensive & not great.

Hope I haven't bored you all & wishing you all a happy holiday!

it seems I wasnt the only one afected by the vulcanic ashes, unfortunately...

What a shame not getting home - still you got an extra day there, worse places to be stranded I suppose :thumbsup2

Sounds like you all had a great time - 6 year old on Aerosmith!!! Fantastic!!!My 5 yr old won't even do BTM....Peter Pan is a thrill ride for him :rotfl:

Thanks for posting :goodvibes

Sounds like you had a great time despite the stress about flights.

Always pleased to hear of "thumbs up" stories of Ezyshuttle, they are getting a well-deserved fantastic reputation.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter