Trip review, VB in a Beach Cottage

Daitcher

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to drop a quick review. I posted a full review on www.tripadvisor.com if you'd like to check it out. We stayed for a week in a Beach Cottage at VB Sept.30th - Oct. 7th. We loved the BC and VB. The service was the best I've had in quite some time. The resort is gorgeous and well kept. The BC is worth a splurge. In fact I will be adding on about 500 points in the next 10 months or so just to be able to book the cottages at 11 months. No other oceanfront resort in North America offers as much as this place. Waterslide, pirates play ship for kids, mini golf, bike rentals, tennis courts, basketball courts, archery, soccer field, freshwater lake for fishing, scheduled activities, etc. The only reason I can see that VB took so long to sell out is that it doesn't get enough trafic flow. It isn't in a real touristy area and is really Disney's best kept secret. Please, if anyone has stayed at a resort on the beach that offers as much as this place let me know because I'll book it today. I can't say enough good things about this place. I plan to mail several letters to various higher ups comending the management and Cm's at this resort. It really adds to my already high level of satisfaction with DVC. Can't wait to return.

DAVE

DAVE

sound great Dave

we are going for the first time next July 6 of us including DS and my elderly parents. hope they enjoy it as much as you . can't wait to spoil them.

Ali

I'm glad you had such a great experience at VB.

I stayed there aobut five years ago, and I was very impressed. I hope to return there in 2006.

I'm very happy to read your positive thoughts on VB!
We also love it so much that we have points there in addition to our beloved VWL! ;)
We have stayed in the cottages three times, and are inviting folks to come with us as an excuse to book the cottage again.

We head to Vero Sunday morning. It will be just Madam Gracey and me, so we have a 1br instead of a cottage. :drinking:

MG

Somehow I think the secret is out. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We have gone the past 4 years over Presidents week and the place is always sold out. We are book for this President's week and DW think it is the most relaxing trip we take. DD 13 & DS 9 have tons off stuff and we get to relax :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the review!!! We're hoping to go in June of 06. We're coming from Chicago...Is Orlando the closet airport? Are the 1 bedroom/full kitchens considered BCs?

2wins said:
Thanks for the review!!! We're hoping to go in June of 06. We're coming from Chicago...Is Orlando the closet airport? Are the 1 bedroom/full kitchens considered BCs?
There is actually an airport in Vero Beach, but I don't think any carriers serve it. Melbourne (sp?) may be the closest, but we always use MCO.
Price, schedule, and the return trip from WDW make MCO the best choice for us.

The Beach Cottages are esentially stand alone houses right on the ocean front. They are three bedrooms, huge living room, four huge balconies/porches, and just incredibly awesome.
The down side is you will need lots of points, and the 11 month window.

I hope you enjoy VB! :drinking:

MG

West Palm (PBI) is about 10/15 minutes closer as far as big airports go. I would go with either PBI/MCO based on price. Both are about 2 hours from Vero Beach. 1 Bedrooms are not beach cottages, but you can ask for an Ocean View. It is always requested, but after last years hurricanes you get a better view with a lot of the trees gone.

We've never stayed at VB, but we were thinking of it for next year followed by a stay at WDW. Your glowing review has me psyched to see it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Thanks for the report. I'm glad you enjoyed the BC. I really would like to stay in one sometime, but I think that require us buying some VB points first.(we only go high times). Until then, 2 OVIRs in Feb!!!

Hey Daitcher how was the beach? We were there in August 1 day after Katrina and the storm had made a 3 foot cliff on the beach. Is that still there?

We were in a beach cottage last April (on rented points). It was stupendous. The feeling of being right on the beach...the decks both upper story and below... we went with 8 people (three families) and I can't think of a better place to relax with a crowd and have everyone happy and occupied ! (and we have our own place in Northern Ontario!) It was great. I am so jealous of those who own points and can book these cottages at the 11 month window. It is so worth the splurge in points !

2wins said:

Yes Orlando is the closest airport..... well maybe not the closest but the trip takes about the same amount of time. It took us 1 1/2 hours from the airport. Beach Cottages are stand alone 3 bedroom 3 bath cottages that sit behind the dunes overloking the beach. There are 6 at this resort.

DAVE

disney gadabout said:
I'd love to try the beach cottage, but I would guess it's tough at the 7 month window! Glad you had a great trip.

Just to give some of you guys hope.... I booked this week in the cottage at the 7 month mark. I didn't book day by day either. It doesn't hurt to try and to keep those fingers crossed.

DAVE

Mahusky said:
Hey Daitcher how was the beach? We were there in August 1 day after Katrina and the storm had made a 3 foot cliff on the beach. Is that still there?

The beach was pretty good. That cliff you speak of wasn't there for the first 4 days of our trip. Near the end a tropical depression had moved up the coast and high surf developed. The cliff was there at the end. It really was a pretty dramatic drop off. All in all the beach was nice but we couldn't get our 3 year old off the slide so most of our time was at the pool area.

DAVE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter