Trips with little or no bus, van, or car travel?

Raya

DIS Veteran
A couple of the folks in our travel group have severe motion sickness. Our river cruise included an hour or so trip from the hotel to the boat that got pretty uncomfortable. I'd love to do more ABD but I'm concerned about extended time in cars and busses. (Trains are okay.) If I call ABD can they give me a list of trips that don't require bus travel?

A couple of the folks in our travel group have severe motion sickness. Our river cruise included an hour or so trip from the hotel to the boat that got pretty uncomfortable. I'd love to do more ABD but I'm concerned about extended time in cars and busses. (Trains are okay.) If I call ABD can they give me a list of trips that don't require bus travel?
You can ask AbD any questions about the trips; they are always very helpful. I’ve only been on a few compared to some folks, and each used bus travel at some point.

When they need to move 20-30 people, or more, from one place to another, the most efficient way to do so is by bus. This can be as short a trip as across town for dinner, or a few hours to get from one city to the next. Trains are not always an option as schedules and routes might not align with the AbD itinerary for the day. Busses also allow for impromptu stops or schedule/route changes as needed.

I'm sure the Vactionistas at ABD will be glad to help you find trips with less bus time. But I don't believe there are *any* ABDs that require *no* bus time. As @Mathmagicland said above, it's their main way of getting people from point A to point B, and pretty much all ABDs involve multiple bus trips. I actually would have recommended a river cruise because several of the days on our Danube cruise, we just walked off the ship to do our tours. But there were still some days that required bus trips.

Maybe you could talk to ABD about customizing one of their private departures to minimize bus time and perhaps use trains instead. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Sayhello

ETA: I just wanted to add, you can also talk to the Adventure Guides when you meet with them at the start of the ABD, and they will make sure that you get seats at the front of the bus, which *does* help quite a bit. (I know, I've developed motion sickness in my old age. It stinks.) I assume they've tried stuff like the Patch? It's been a life-saver for me!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter