Tron AP preview thread

We were fortunate enough to have CM friends invite us this past Sunday. They said that lots of people are bringing friends/family who are AP's which will open up more spots for the AP previews. After the hike into MK the other day I won't want to use my pass there for a while anyway.

We loved the Coaster. Just remember it's a 2016 ride that is new to us. It is a bit short but still very thrilling.

If you want an Adrenaline rush, ask for the Front row Motorbikes. Be forewarned, it is extremely thrilling in the front row. The seats are designed to make you feel like there is nothing underneath you/like you are falling into the track and let me say they accomplish this incredibly well. Little kids will probably find the front much more intense than they think so keep that in mind for little ones. Any seats except Row 1 are great for the younger kids. They are much less intense because they have people in front of them for their eye to follow.

Personally, I wouldn't say to wait more than 90 min for the attraction. They would have done this ride a HUGE favor by opening it before Guardians as originally intended. Sadly that is going to poach some of the enthusiasm away from it.

The other thing, MK really needs like... 2 to 3 more rides at the E ticket level like this added to the park ASAP. Sadly the ride is going to get eaten alive once it opens just due to popularity.

What is the best guess of what weekend DVC previews might fall? I’m thinking the weekend of March 4th and 5th. Might make a DVC reservation for those weekends and cancel if it doesn’t fall one one of those dates.

Thoughts?
Are previews normally on weekends?

is there a specific time (say 7am) that registration becomes available on the day the window opens
It varies. They won't announce the time, just shortly before the emails start to go out. mid-morning to lunchtime is the usual times, if I recall correctly.

It varies. They won't announce the time, just shortly before the emails start to go out. mid-morning to lunchtime is the usual times, if I recall correctly.

Some people found what they thought would be the link for guardians last time and that became active about 9am and about an hour before people got emails so some already had booked.

So any thoughts on how this will work? In terms of room reservations and AP holders? We are here on a DVC stay this week until 2/17. Just me and husband. Yesterday we got the email that previews bookings will open on 2/16. I assume that dates/ times will be sometime in the future and not for 2/16,2/17 ride times? If they are in the weeks following- when do I need the resort reservation for? We are also in Disney area the following week with our nephews (also AP holders) and would love to get it then. But we’re staying offsite next week.

We have no March resort reservations. So how/why did we get the email/notification?

?
How it will work?
Thursday the link to sign up will go live. Sometime between 9-noon, most likely. Eastern time (Disney's time zone)
Dates will 100% be in the future. After CM previews are over. They end 3/3
Since AP are often local, no resort reservation is needed.
You got the notification because you are an AP holder.

Do we still all think that the link in the first post will be the one that becomes active?
I never get the emails even though I am AP and DVC so at the moment, I am just going to be constantly hitting refresh!

Do we still all think that the link in the first post will be the one that becomes active?
I never get the emails even though I am AP and DVC so at the moment, I am just going to be constantly hitting refresh!
That’s how it’s worked in the past. Hopefully it stays the same but it could always change

If you want an Adrenaline rush, ask for the Front row Motorbikes. Be forewarned, it is extremely thrilling in the front row. The seats are designed to make you feel like there is nothing underneath you/like you are falling into the track and let me say they accomplish this incredibly well.
Front row is a given but considering the angle of the motorbike is it possible to ride with hands up?

Front row is a given but considering the angle of the motorbike is it possible to ride with hands up?

Think it would depend on your core.... ;)

But no, that angle just doesn't allow for hands up...

I think 3/4-5 is a very high likelihood of a preview option. But I also expect you'll have trouble finding a DVC room those dates at this point - but it can't hurt to try if you have the points!
Reservations had to be booked by midnight of 2/13 to qualify for the DVC previews. And no adding guests after that deadline, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter