Tron - Construction Site

So the 30 seconds you are outside for the ride is going to make you pass out? People stand in the speedway queue for 30+ minutes and don't pass out.

No...but open air is different from semi-enclosed. There are construction standards and health and safety recommendations for emissions that are followed and always developing. Inhaled fumes are strictly regulated by osha...for one...let alone the public.

Two questions:
Do you work in engineering/architectural/environmental?:wave:

Are we having a bad day? (In starting to worry about you)

I'd be surprised with this major construction project nearly on top of the speedway...and it now being enclosed basically on all sides with newer construction...if they didn't budget an electric retrofit. It would be really surprising.

Correct. I do believe Hong Kong has electric vehicles tho.

It did. And it doesn't exist anymore.

They can probably teardown and rebuild every diesel engine in the Speedway fleet for the cost of the batteries for five or six electric carts. And run a diesel car for years and years before it has as large an environmental impact as just making one of those batteries.

No...but open air is different from semi-enclosed. There are construction standards and health and safety recommendations for emissions that are followed and always developing. Inhaled fumes are strictly regulated by osha...for one...let alone the public.

The track does not go under the canopy. I don't see any issue, If anything they'll just move the track further away.

The track does not go under the canopy. I don't see any issue, If anything they'll just move the track further away.

I was thinking queue, not track...but both are in play.

Is there a valid reason why anyone would think disney isn't concerned about perception and wouldn't be concerned about emissions in a new premier space?

I mean...maybe if you knew nothing about disney...like nothing...but not otherwise...

It did. And it doesn't exist anymore.

They can probably teardown and rebuild every diesel engine in the Speedway fleet for the cost of the batteries for five or six electric carts. And run a diesel car for years and years before it has as large an environmental impact as just making one of those batteries.

Exaclty...if it was 1988...

You really haven't been following battery technology these last couple decades, huh?

Not yet I don't but I will be.

There are people out there...believe it or not...who know what it's like to both work for disney AND run an environmental department that deals with these types of things for large engineering companies...

...hard to fathom...but I hear it's true.

So maybe both those mentalities cross here?

I was thinking queue, not track...but both are in play.

Is there a valid reason why anyone would think disney isn't concerned about perception and wouldn't be concerned about emissions in a new premier space?

I mean...maybe if you knew nothing about disney...like nothing...but not otherwise...

$$$$$

That fact that the Speedway will remain is the biggest clue that it isn't going electric. It would cost too much to convert and it takes up so much real estate they probably would have just scraped it outright.

And I am VERY up-to-date on the cost of them going electric. That's why I pretty sure they won't. But I owe you a Pepsi if they do.

Last edited:
There are people out there...believe it or not...who know what it's like to both work for disney AND run an environmental department that deals with these types of things for large engineering companies...

...hard to fathom...but I hear it's true.

So maybe both those mentalities cross here?
I'm going based off what we know. Right now Tron is coming to MK and going behind speedway. The speedway is supposedly getting an update at some point before Tron opens. What this update includes is unknown right now. Could they change the vehicles for a more environmentally friendly option? Sure. Do we know the will for sure? No. We don't know how the queue is set up in the WDW version of Tron either.

Now it's back to the Hong Kong probably paid for that point. Disney doesn't exactly like to pay for things they don't have to.

That's true...maybe they could offer some one time use points at Caribbean beach villas as a sweetener?

Cut em a deal?

I don't know nuttin...but I'd be surprised if the 1971 belchers stay as is if they've bothered to redo the areas covering 2/3 of the ring around it...

I'm going based off what we know. Right now Tron is coming to MK and going behind speedway. The speedway is supposedly getting an update at some point before Tron opens. What this update includes is unknown right now. Could they change the vehicles for a more environmentally friendly option? Sure. Do we know the will for sure? No. We don't know how the queue is set up in the WDW version of Tron either.

Right...I'm on the same page. I just know there are other considerations and what it seems
Would and wouldn't make sense.

$$$$$

That fact that the Speedway will remain is the biggest clue that it isn't going electric. It would cost too much to convert and it takes up so much real estate they probably would have just scraped it outright.

And I am VERY up-to-date on the cost of them going electric. That's why I pretty sure they won't. But I owe you a Pepsi if they do.

Perhaps...but that would be incredibly short sighted if they do.

Trying to defend carbon based systems as the "best choice" today and moving forward is like spitting into the wind. The die is cast and it will not be repoured.

Let's face it: Pepsi will probably be off the market by the time they get all this work done anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter