Tron to Begin Soft Openings via VQ from Mar 20 - April 2, 2023*

We were at MK today and were able to get into the 1 pm virtual queue with boarding group 86. We didn’t try at 7 am because we had breakfast ressies and I didn’t know if we could get there in time if we got in. It originally said 5:30 pm return but we got called at 3:59-4:59 pm. I’m wondering if they are getting more understanding about late arrivals because we wanted a LONG time in the virtual queue. Probably 1 hour and 20 minutes before we were on the ride. This may have been covered but just in case, the wait is mostly outdoors, unshaded and hot! We had to leave the line twice to fill up water bottles and that is in March. No way I could handle it in the summer. We actually got to the scan in point after our hour was up but within 15 minutes if they are giving a grace period. It turned green so it was no issue but I was a little nervous. They didn’t scan us before but I don’t know how they could’ve turned us away considering we had easily been waiting a half hour before the scan in point and were well within our hour window when we got in line.

If anyone is curious they do have rider swap for Tron. We all did the DVC preview but my youngest decided that was enough for her and didn’t want to go on today. They scanned my husband’s band and let him add one other person to go with him. My middle son won the coin toss and they had a Lightning lane for the rest of the day essentially. We had dinner reservations outside the park so they went back in right away and thankfully got to use the lightning lane for the Riders Swap pass. They reported that they waited a total of 5 minutes so the Individual Lightning Lane probably saves you a whole lot of time out in the hot sun.

Hi, LilyJC - you can answer this privately if it is OT for this thread. I am headed there solo shortly and only plan to do mk later in the day do was planning for $LL only, not VQ. For my Epcot days, I’m staying on site, planning to have 2 screens at once, GOTG VQ first, $LL Tron on second screen immediately after. Can you let me know how fast you had to be to snag late $LL at Tron? I imagine this will be on YouTube soon enough, of course.

Hope you enjoyed it, and thank you!

Hey there, we actually grabbed it immediately after getting the virtual queue for Guardians! You should be good with your two screen method 😅👍🏼 And yes, we absolutely love both rides! 🤩

For those who’ve ridden already - how large is the locker? Hoping to ride on our arrival day but that means I’ll have a larger bag than I normally bring to the parks…

For those who’ve ridden already - how large is the locker? Hoping to ride on our arrival day but that means I’ll have a larger bag than I normally bring to the parks…
The lockers are large enough to hold a fully stuffed Disney parks plastic bag or a big Dooney tote and you access them on the opposite side when you leave. I had both with me (I really miss resort package delivery, sigh) when I did the preview. I used a magic band for one locker and they gave me a card to use on a second locker as well.

I was able to get BG 5 last Monday.
I had time.is open on my laptop and the app open on my phone.
Time.is said my laptop was 3 seconds behind
I thought the ride was okay,

We were at MK today and were able to get into the 1 pm virtual queue with boarding group 86. We didn’t try at 7 am because we had breakfast ressies and I didn’t know if we could get there in time if we got in. It originally said 5:30 pm return but we got called at 3:59-4:59 pm. I’m wondering if they are getting more understanding about late arrivals because we wanted a LONG time in the virtual queue. Probably 1 hour and 20 minutes before we were on the ride. This may have been covered but just in case, the wait is mostly outdoors, unshaded and hot! We had to leave the line twice to fill up water bottles and that is in March. No way I could handle it in the summer. We actually got to the scan in point after our hour was up but within 15 minutes if they are giving a grace period. It turned green so it was no issue but I was a little nervous. They didn’t scan us before but I don’t know how they could’ve turned us away considering we had easily been waiting a half hour before the scan in point and were well within our hour window when we got in line.

If anyone is curious they do have rider swap for Tron. We all did the DVC preview but my youngest decided that was enough for her and didn’t want to go on today. They scanned my husband’s band and let him add one other person to go with him. My middle son won the coin toss and they had a Lightning lane for the rest of the day essentially. We had dinner reservations outside the park so they went back in right away and thankfully got to use the lightning lane for the Riders Swap pass. They reported that they waited a total of 5 minutes so the Individual Lightning Lane probably saves you a whole lot of time out in the hot sun.

Im hoping they find a better solution for the outside portion of the queue than what they have now. I had BG 90 so I was in line around the same time and can confirm how horrible the sun and heat is at this spot. Just a few large umbrellas provide a tiny bit of shade. As you said this Is March so having to deal with this in the summer will be unbearable.

The lockers are double sided. We had one of those old purchase with purchase Mickey back packs stuffed with popcorn bucket, frozen waters, fans, etc. it fit completely on its side with some creative stuffing. There was room for dh’s wallet and hat. You use your mb or ticket media as your locker key. When you get off the ride and open the locker, you’ll see you’re opening it from the backside.

In case it helps anyone, we had 4 people try for VQ for Tron yesterday, Sunday March 26. At exactly 7 am one of our people successfully got group 35.

We were called at 11:08 am. The line to get to the scanner was a good half hour long in and of itself. We got to the preshow at noon. They must have been backed up with paid LL because we were in the room after the pre-show for a long time and moved incredibly slowly, they maybe let 10 people at a time into the lockers than we had to wait for a ton of LL to go by. We were finally on at 12:22. It was longer than I expected to wait, but still fun.

Does the $ LL fill up fast? How would I do that if I’m hopping to MK? We have epcot, MK then AK days in order but plan to hop. I’m not sure if I should buy LL for when we hop or wait for MK to VQ.

I also see a lot of VQ being called hours earlier than expected, do the $LL get called early? Are you expected to be available within an hour even outside of the window?

Also, I noticed MK is full all week and isn’t it true that usually HS is the first reservation to fill? Is it because of tron? Will tron crowds make MK worse this week?

Last edited:
Does the $ LL fill up fast? How would I do that if I’m hopping to MK? We have epcot, MK then AK days in order but plan to hop. I’m not sure if I should buy LL for when we hop or wait for MK to VQ.

I also see a lot of VQ being called hours earlier than expected, do the $LL get called early? Are you expected to be available within an hour even outside of the window?

Also, I noticed MK is full all week and isn’t it true that usually HS is the first reservation to fill? Is it because of tron? Will tron crowds make MK worse this week?
ILL are going fairly fast - I doubt it would be available still at 2pm. VQ is at 1pm so that definitely won't be available for Park Hoppers.

And ILL access is a set time so they don't get moved up like the VQ. They are what you purchase.

The lockers are large enough to hold a fully stuffed Disney parks plastic bag or a big Dooney tote and you access them on the opposite side when you leave. I had both with me (I really miss resort package delivery, sigh) when I did the preview. I used a magic band for one locker and they gave me a card to use on a second locker as well.

The lockers are double sided. We had one of those old purchase with purchase Mickey back packs stuffed with popcorn bucket, frozen waters, fans, etc. it fit completely on its side with some creative stuffing. There was room for dh’s wallet and hat. You use your mb or ticket media as your locker key. When you get off the ride and open the locker, you’ll see you’re opening it from the backside.
Perfect - thanks both! That gives me a good view of size and means that my bag will fit 😊

I am not sure where to ask this to get feedback, but seeing if anyone had the experience previously with GOTG. We leave for Disney 4/5, and flight leaves at 7am. What are the chances of being able to get TRON while about to take off....lol?

ILL are going fairly fast - I doubt it would be available still at 2pm. VQ is at 1pm so that definitely won't be available for Park Hoppers.

And ILL access is a set time so they don't get moved up like the VQ. They are what you purchase.
You can book ILL for a park you're hopping to at 7am if on site and at the time that park opens if offsite. You don't have to wait until 2pm to book an ILL, but you can only choose a return time after 2pm.

I am not sure where to ask this to get feedback, but seeing if anyone had the experience previously with GOTG. We leave for Disney 4/5, and flight leaves at 7am. What are the chances of being able to get TRON while about to take off....lol?
They aren't being lenient with return times on this one so you would need a very late morning time. With the VQ going in seconds it's a lottery but you could try. You won't lose cell service until shortly after you're up in the air.

They aren't being lenient with return times on this one so you would need a very late morning time. With the VQ going in seconds it's a lottery but you could try. You won't lose cell service until shortly after you're up in the air.
Thanks! Yeah, I know it is a long shot, just like everyone else.

ILL$ are filling early. The majority of days even before offsite guests are eligible to book. IF they last until park opening they are filling within minutes after. There are no ILL$ left to purchase after that.
You can try but unless you have an extremely short flight and go immediately to MK, the chances of using your TRON VQ would be extremely low. You might be better to try for the 1PM drop when you're already in the MK.

ILL$ are filling early. The majority of days even before offsite guests are eligible to book. IF they last until park opening they are filling within minutes after. There are no ILL$ left to purchase after that.

You can try but unless you have an extremely short flight and go immediately to MK, the chances of using your TRON VQ would be extremely low. You might be better to try for the 1PM drop when you're already in the MK.
So, they do 2 releases for the VQ per day? Meaning depending on what VQ you get, morning or afternoon, that is when you get a boarding group I assume? I think I read something where you can only get it 1 time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter