Tropical threat?? Leaving in 9 days...

Now I see. Yes it’s way to early to know exactly where it’s going. Heck, Charlie change six hours before.

Very true. Not just on their families, but also their property and belongings.

DS and I are starting today to move lawn chairs, planters, etc. things that can become projectiles away from the house and I guess into the garage. I have all our important documents in freezer bags. Preparing for the worse and hoping for the best! Water is becoming harder to find and gas pump lines are forming.

Sending good thoughts your way.. be safe!

From twitter…

“UPDATE: Walt Disney World Emergency Operations Center To Release Statement on Tropical Storm Ian Today​

BREAKING: Tropical Storm Ian Causes Concern For Walt Disney World, Walt Disney World Emergency Operations Center To Release Statement”

Meetings were scheduled for 11:45am this morning.
I’ll post anything important should I come across it.

Latest forecasts have it trending West - could end up missing Orlando but still way too early to tell.

We were supposed to fly in on Wednesday and had family scheduled to fly there and meet us on Thursday. We didn't want to miss the trip so I just called DVC Member services and added two additional nights on Monday and Tuesday. DVC points sometimes make you do weird/irrational things. Part of our stay was using 2021 use year banked points and I didn't want them to go to waste if we got stuck at home, so we decided to just get there beforehand, ride out the storm in Disney and hope for the best.

I know that there are still a TON of unknowns at this point, but we visited in the days immediately after Hurricane Irma and those days were delightful in the parks because so many people cancelled/delayed/changed their travel plans. I remember riding Frozen Ever After in Epcot multiple times mid-day as a walk-on. I'm hoping to see the glass as half-full and that the storm largely misses Orlando and we end up having a similar experience this year.

Just seeing on the news that people are stocking up. Items you ordered may be gone or lack of employees coming in due to worry about their own homes.
hopefully if they are not making WM deliveries tomorrow, they will notify today So we can have a back up plan.

I hope everyone in the line of the storms are safe.

hopefully if they are not making WM deliveries tomorrow, they will notify today So we can have a back up plan.
I use WM delivery quite often at home, and this is not where they shine. They will cancel last second on you for a lot less than this. Sometimes they don't even tell me until after the delivery window. I would consider canceling Wal Mart and stopping on the way instead, or using Was Mart pickup instead.

When we went down during Irma we checked a suitcase of non-perishable food, most was intended for breakfast snacks because we were originally going to go to the grocery store on arrival day and then nixed that. We however had this food (granola bars, applesauce, fruit cups, drink mixes, etc) to use in case of power outage, etc but Disney did come through with the $6 meals you could buy which were adequate by far given the situation. I would have suggested doing this these days with checking luggage but with the state of air travel I wouldn't necessarily 100% count on that part and should Disney actually shut down I do not know what they would provide as far as meal purchasing this time around.

I use WM delivery quite often at home, and this is not where they shine. They will cancel last second on you for a lot less than this. Sometimes they don't even tell me until after the delivery window. I would consider canceling Wal Mart and stopping on the way instead, or using Was Mart pickup instead.
We are taking sunshine flyer- no stopping.

So get an Uber when you get there. The second you leave the bubble, you are in suburban Florida with plenty of stuff. Or cancel Sunshine Flyer and do something like Walmart or Publix pickup.
Thanks for the suggestions. We have been to FL many times and usually fly but there have been a couple of time when we had our SUV and we have gone shopping at WM and Publix.

I think it is too late to cancel SF since we are less than 24 hrs out.

”getting an Uber” after we check in may be what we do if WM cancels our delivery.

We went ahead and cancelled the WDW part of our trip but kept the HHI portion for now. I wasn’t going to cancel until Monday, but when a DVC Poly room popped up for the end of October, I couldn’t miss that opportunity! I was able to modify the reservation with no problem. We just didn’t want to chance driving into Orlando on Wednesday and then having several rainy days. Even if the hurricane missed Orlando, there will still be lots of rain. That doesn’t sound like a fun vacation. I want good weather for our trip since this is the last trip we are taking for awhile. So hoping for no more hurricanes! We are still watching the track to see if it goes to HHI. If so, we have flights booked for New England Tuesday as a back-up plan.
Thanks. Called this morning and they told me I can cancel any time prior without penalty. Need to call about the MNSSHP tickets but assume they will refund. Hoping to still go! Waiting it out.
I also had MNSSHP tickets. When I called I got through immediately but had to be transferred and then a 2-hour wait. The first person said that the party tickets would probably have to be used for a Christmas party but I explained that my trip is at the end of October. She said they probably couldn’t switch it to another Halloween party since they are sold out. I didn’t pursue that because we had decided that without being able to go into AK for the Moonlight Magic party then we wanted 2-day PHs instead. The second person was able to credit the MNSSHP tickets and apply it to upgrading our 1-day PHs. So you should be able to get a credit to use toward any ticket media. Good luck!

If you’re onsite with a vehicle, you may want to fill up with fuel now. They had yellow caution tape for premium only.

Last edited:
So bright side to this…I was able to snag a Rose and Crown reservation when it was all booked the week we are there
When I saw your post, I looked at R&C for 10/21 dinner. Lo and behold, there was a 6:20 PM opening!! Been trying to get that ever since our window opened up last month. Let a ressie @ Le Cellier go for that one.

When I saw your post, I looked at R&C for 10/21 dinner. Lo and behold, there was a 6:20 PM opening!! Been trying to get that ever since our window opened up last month. Let a ressie @ Le Cellier go for that one.
Is it just me or does that seem a tad early to cancel due to the hurricane? Could it be pilot shortage due to protests or other pandemic related issues?

Is it just me or does that seem a tad early to cancel due to the hurricane? Could it be pilot shortage due to protests or other pandemic related issues?
I think maybe I just got lucky. I did have a CM tell me once that often the best time to get good ADR's is a couple of days b4 the date. That's what I had planned to do in this case, but I have been looking at the list 2 or 3 times a day ever since my window opened. As for the storm, looks like it may trend more west and put the panhandle in play. Here is probably the best set of maps to follow developments.
https://spaghettimodels.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter