Trying to cope

Here's a quick update on my Dad. He only has another day or two left with us. He went downhill really really fast. He started failing yesterday morning, and within one day went from getting up to go to the bathroom to not knowing who he or anyone else was and no longer being able to stand.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you all again for caring about us, it has made a huge difference to me knowing that all of you are out there! Here is a big :grouphug: to all of you who are suffering right now.

Karen

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer only 9 months ago. He passed away only 1 month after diagnosis. I was by his side every step of the way. The last few months with my dad are the most precious memories I will ever have. They are also very painful. I am so thankful God gave me the opportunity to look after my dad and tell him what he meant to me. Cherish every moment and tell him what you need to.
Take it a day at a time and you will get through it. Here if you need a friend....;)

Saying prayers for you and your family, I hope he passes quietly. :hug:

Hi All,

Thank you again for your kind words and support while I was caring for my Dad during his illness.

Dad passed away on Monday, October 20th at 6:15pm. He went quietly, with less fuss than he was wont.

I am really going to miss my Dad, and still have trouble believing that he is gone. He was such a strong and steady presence in my life, and his passing has left a definite void for me.

Again, I want to let all of you know how much you helped me through this terrible time with my Dad, and how much your words and support helped me when things went slowly from bad to worse.

:hug:

:hug: hugs to you. I am just reading your post. My mom passed away in a hopice on 10/10 from Lung Cancer. :sad1: She was placed in there on 10/6. My mom went very fast. We have to look at it as they are not suffering anymore. They are in a better place. They did their job & they raised us to be the good people we are now. We are to carry on their memory and wisdom. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter