Tulum visit in Cozumel

NEW QUESTION: Just thought of this -- do they take American dollars at these markets or did you have to exchange currency?

They will take American dollars. We bought a really nice blanket for $20. DH haggled the seller down from $50 and had him throw in some other stuff too.

The trip TO Tulum you have a rest stop with bathrooms. The trip back is an express trip. The express trip by bus is about 45 minutes. The trip out takes a total of 60-65 minutes including the stop. A rough time schedule for the DCL trip is as follows: Meet at Walt Disney Theater at 9:40 am. Leave Theater about 10:10 am and directly board ferry on deck one on opposite side of ship as the pier. Leave ship via ferry at approximately 10:30 am. Arrive at Playa Del Carmen at approximately 11:00 am. Walk to bus staging area (leisurely 10 minute walk with much shade along the way). Board air conditioned buses and leave for Tulum approximately 11:30 am. Stop for restroom/shopping break at about noon. Arrive at Tulum approximately 12:40 pm and take short (3-4 minute walk) to pick up tram to archeological area. Begin tour about 12:55 pm and take guided tour until 1:30 pm. You are then free to explore on your own or go to the beach or return to the Tulum market area where you picked up the tram. You must be back on the bus by 3:00 pm. Leave fairly quickly and get back to Playa del Carmen about 3:45 pm. Wait in shade for your ferry and leave Playa del Carmen about 4:00 pm and get delivered back to the town end of the pier about 4:30 pm so that you can easily go into the shopping area before returning to the ship. BTW, you travel both ways with the people from the Xcaret excursion so the basic timing of the two excursions is the same except the actual trip to Xcaret.

Hope this helps. It is a long day, but not as taxing as it might seem due to the opportunities to be in air conditioning and to be sitting down. The ferry ride is definitely rough but most people do not get sick, especially if they have taken any seasickness remedies for the cruise anyway.

DoctorP:

What an amazingly concise and helpful summary! This will help greatly in planning our trip. Thank you so much.

We actually don't take any seasick medicine for the ship, but I do tend to get sick on ferries. I was thinking of bringing Bonine. Do you think that will help?

Yes, Bonine will help, but keep in mind that you will really need to take it well before you get on the ferry. I used meclizine (Bonine) and sea bands throughout the cruise and never had a problem though I tend to have some motion sickness issues.

DOCTOR P - thank you for your report! Answered many of my questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter