Turkey Legs

Thierry444

Mouseketeer
I have seen a video yesterday about food in WDW and they were speaking about turkey legs. It seems to be both huge and so tasty !! Do you know if it counts to be a snack with the dining package ?

No, not even close.

The most expensive snacks on the plan are $3.00 (and most are $2.50), unless you get lucky at your resort food court and get something better.

Turkey legs are $5.99

hmmm, well after i ate the first two pounds from my very first one you start thinking omg if i eat the next five pounds off this i'm gonna barf. can't believe i'm eating this.and then every time you walk by a stand on every trip thereafter you think omg i'm gonna barf just from the smell.But its nowhere near as bad the smell of nachos after you've been deathly ill for four days from said turkey leg and have to stand in front of the Castle holding a cranky two year old in 110º heat watching Cinderellabration, your only thoughts being "ok i'd hate to get sick in front of everyone, there's no bathroom or garbage can wthin twenty feet..i wonder how much volume our hats hold together if we combine them???" :crazy: My point is the turkey leg qualifies as a lasting experience and not a snack. :teeth:

I saw that the Lunching Pad at MK has smoked turkey legs and it is included on the dining plan so I have it down to use a CS there. I am hoping to get the frozen drink and some sort of dessert there. They list that they have pretzels and they might have something else. We enjoyed stopping there in December.

Slightly Goofy :love:

Even though they are not a snack, it is always something that we get OOP when we go;)

SlightlyGoofy said:
I saw that the Lunching Pad at MK has smoked turkey legs and it is included on the dining plan so I have it down to use a CS there. I am hoping to get the frozen drink and some sort of dessert there. They list that they have pretzels and they might have something else. We enjoyed stopping there in December.

Slightly Goofy :love:

You can use a CS for the turkey leg, but it only comes with a fountain drink or bottled water, and a bag of chips. No dessert.

Was thinking about using a CS credit for these, but now will probably just split one between the two of us (OOP) while we are waiting for Fantasmic.

angel's momma, What, no dessert? How sad is that. I thought they had pretzels or something. The frozen drink would be dessert enough for sugar starved me but now you tell me that I cannot even get that? The frugal part of me would not want to part with a credit for that. :confused3

WAHMto5, even as cheap as I am I am willing to part with CASH for a turkey leg. :rotfl2:

Sunkissed, I am sorry that you have to suffer the same pangs of disapointment as I am. :guilty:

Thank you for the information even if it is not what I had hoped for. I have six months to recuperate.

Slightly Goofy

SlightlyGoofy said:
angel's momma, What, no dessert? How sad is that. I thought they had pretzels or something. The frozen drink would be dessert enough for sugar starved me but now you tell me that I cannot even get that? The frugal part of me would not want to part with a credit for that. :confused3

Thank you for the information even if it is not what I had hoped for. I have six months to recuperate.

Slightly Goofy

Sorry that I gave you info that may take you 6 months to recuperate from! :)

True, it's not the best use of a credit, but we used a credit there on our last day because we had extras that needed to be used, and wanted to try the turkey leg. No sense paying for it since there was a credit to use.

Hard to believe, but after 13 nights on the DDP, we really didn't care if it included dessert - we had a pile of them sitting in the room that we hadn't managed to eat yet. We ate brownies & muffins for days after we got home, and it was weeks before I took the final choc. covered Mickey krispie treat out of the freezer. :teeth:

angel's momma, you are forgiven for giving me the 'biggest' disappointment of my life (if only that were true). :rotfl2:

I have the same misgivings about the free dining. I have suffered the past two years to get rid of about 90 pounds and am now in the stage of losing and gaining the same darn 5 pounds over and over and over again so I have a fear of food. :lmao:

I am blessed in that I have a 'junkyard dog' for a hubby who will gladly eat any of my leftovers. I just hope the frugal part of my nature does not 'force' me to get the most for my money. :rolleyes:

If I have any credits left over at the end of our trip I am looking forward to finding a family to share with. It would be so magical. :wizard:

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter