Turning 40, Gotta lose 40~A New Chapter in my weight loss journey

Veronica thank goodness everything came out ok! Now time to focus on happy stuff.You will get back to the 160s don't worry.

Have you stayed at Coronado before? I love it there- love the pool!

Ready for spring? ME TOO!

Are you still interested in the Oleksak 1/2 here in town?

Linda

Linda, I don't know how I missed this post! Yes we have stayed at Coronado before, it is our favorite thus far. The pool is definately a plus. We also really enjoy Pepper Market, which I understand is kind of a you love it or hate it.

Yes, I am most definately ready for spring.

I was going to do the Oleksak, but with the biopsy and related issues and now the weather, I am begging off that one. I really need to focus on weight loss, so I want to concentrate on that for now. Maybe next year!

Slacking off again. I really have to be better about accounting for my eating. And exercise. Just because I don't put it down doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did 2 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes, earned 2 points.

weight: 170.8, better than I thought but not near where I wanted to be.

points for today: 23 + 2 = 25
flex points available: 35
flex points used: 8
flex points remaining: 27

breakfast: 8 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
peaches 1 pt

lunch: 15 pts
western egg sandwich on english muffin 8 pts
home fries 5 pts
coleslaw 2 pts

dinner: 10 pts
corn soup 2 pts
chips 2 pts
roll 2 pts
bologna 2 pts
skinny cow ic sandwich 2 pts

Yes I went way over on points today. But I had flex to use, and lunch on Mondays always gets me. The rest of the week is easy, now that my lunch out with my coworker is out of the way.

Yesterday was not one of my greatest with food. I admit it. But I have the flex points to use, just need to be smart about the rest of the week.

Ran 2 miles in 30 minutes, my TM seemed to be going rather quick today. I walked at the same pace yesterday, with the incline up. Couldn't do it today. Earned 2 points.

weight up to 171.6, considering yesterdays eating, its okay.

flex points available: 28
flex points used: 6
flex points remaining: 22

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

snack: fruit bites 2 pts

lunch: 8 pts
LC spring rolls 3 pts
chips 2 pts
ww yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 13 pts
soup 4 pts
bagel 5 pts
margarine 2 pts
banana 2 pts

DD and I had hair appointments at 6, I got home at 5:50 to pick her up. Grabbed a banana and some water and off we went. Finished the last of my soup, its an organic southwest corn soup and I add a can of southwestern corn medley. I needed something with it and the bagel, while not the best choice, did the trick. I am over points again, but I do have them to use. The problem comes later in the week when I try to use them again. LOL

Veronica
Coronado sounds good right now doesn't it? I too have had it with this weather and will not be doing the Oleksak unless I get to the gym soon-haha!Need to focus on this lousy weight too-have done nothing but eat since we got back-ugh! Frustrating isn't it?

Linda

Linda, I don't know how I missed this post! Yes we have stayed at Coronado before, it is our favorite thus far. The pool is definately a plus. We also really enjoy Pepper Market, which I understand is kind of a you love it or hate it.

Yes, I am most definately ready for spring.

I was going to do the Oleksak, but with the biopsy and related issues and now the weather, I am begging off that one. I really need to focus on weight loss, so I want to concentrate on that for now. Maybe next year!

Busy night last night with hair appointments. Tonight DD has TKD, so another busy one.

Did a walk/run mixed up workout on the mill-1.5 miles in 21:42, didn't have a lot of time. Earned 2 pts.

weight: 171.0, getting there

flex points available: 22
flex points used:
flex points remaining:

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 8 pts
LC spring rolls 3 pts
chips 2 pts
ww yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: 8 pts
baked sweet potato 3 pts
margarine 2 pts
salad 0 pts
dressing 1 pt
skinny cow ic sandwich 2 pts

I am feeling blah. I am tired of winter and the cold and snow, and being unable to get out to run. I am struggling with weight loss, seems like no matter what I do the weight isn't coming off. I am going to keep at it, but don't know what I am going to do if things don't turn around.

No exercise today.

weight: 171.4

points for today: 23
flex points available: 10
flex points used:
flex points remaining:

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1pt

lunch: 9 pts
LC sesame chicken 6 pts
ww yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: tbd

:hug: Veronica. Sorry that you have the blahs. :flower3: I had a bad case of the blahs last week, too, I just had to fake it to get out of my funk. :hippie:

Can you up your calories a bit to see if that helps your body remember it is supposed to let things go? Do a massage or a pedicure? Watch a fun movie? Something just for you? You do deserve something nice for going through all that stuff lately! :flower3:

Well its the last day of the month. I am nowhere near where I wanted to be with my weight. But all I can do is keep trying, keep plugging away. It will happen. Patience.

I am doing a 12 week treadmill plan, started today. It mixes speed intervals, incline intervals and strength moves. It is supposed to be a fat burning plan, lets hope so.:rotfl2:

Following the plan, walked 1.67 miles in 30 minutes. Earned 2 pts

weight: 170.4, I just cannot seem to get back into the 160's. Would be nice to see it for tomorrow.

flex points available: 35
flex points used:
flex points remaining:

lunch: tbd
dinner: 9 pts

Hi Vern,

I hear you on the blahs. I bet we will all feel better once spring starts to show itself. I always think February is the hardest part of winter. Just so over it!!

Good luck with the new program for the tredmill. Hopefully that will keep things fresh until you can get outside to run again.

Thanks Lola! I did the third day of the program today, its going well. We had a snow day today, most of the area is shut down due to the big storm. So I got to sleep in AND do a workout, what a treat!

I weighed in yesterday, first day of the month. 172.2. So I only lost 1.6 pounds for January. Not very good. I am just having a hard time with food. I really, really need to buckle down and track points. I don't know why I am not able to do so. I am missing my running outside, and I know that once I can get back out it will help me immensely. But with the snow piles as tall as I am now, I don't know when I will ever be able to get back out.

I have also been cooking more lately-making comfort meals on the weekends. Yesterday I got out of work early and I made spaghetti for dinner. Having it again tonight too. This weekend is SuperBowl, so we will have pizza then. I might make something for Saturday, hard to say right now. Depends on everyones schedule and what they want to eat. Portions are what I need to be mindful of.

I don't start training again until April 17, so hopefully this walking plan will help me make it til then.

Snow is such a pain in the butt. I am sooo tired of it. Now it is also freezing cold to boot. Winter can't end soon enough.

Did the incline workout on the treadmill today, 35 minutes, 1.96 miles. Now to stay on track with food. I may be going out for lunch today for my coworkers birthday. Don't know if we will do it today or on Monday.

Same old breakfast, dinner is breakfast-eggs, sausage and hash browns. That is our new Thurs night tradition. Normally we eat out on Friday, but with SuperBowl on Sunday, we are eating in tomorrow and getting pizza for the game. FIL is coming over too, and DH wants "munchies". Great.

At least the groundhog says we will have an "early spring".... we can hope right?
Great job on the incline work out. :thumbsup2 I've been struggling with food lately too. I think the cold just drives us toward those oh so yummy comfort foods. Hang in there!!

/sigh. Life is just crazy here. I have been doing my workouts, not a problem. My eating however has been all over the place. And I lost a dear friend this week, she would have been 41 next week. She had health problems all her life, but this was unexpected. The funeral will be on Saturday, and all of us girls from school will be attending together. It will be the first time since our reunion 2 yrs ago that we will all be together. Which is sad.

The weather is just cruddy, yesterday the roof of our shed collapsed. We can barely get to the shed, much less clean up. But we are going to have to try to get to it this weekend so that we can cover up our lawnmower and tractor.

I am discouraged about my lack of weight loss, but know that once I get back outside running things will turn around. So my goal is just to maintain/lose a little until I can get back outside. I start training again in April, and once I get there things should head back in the right direction. Just have to get there.

Veronica so sorry about your friend.That is never easy.

The weight thing OMG I hear you.If spring does not come soon I will need a house call from Jillian Michaels to kick my butt away from the fridge!

Everyone around here is going crazy with the snow- we are so done

Have a nice day
Linda

Linda, the weather has just been sooo horrible. Its either freezing cold or snowing/sleeting. UGH. And all I want to do is eat comfort foods. The treadmill plan is going okay, but its just not the same as getting out to run.

Yep, we may definately need a Jillian house call!

Have been sick with a sinus infection for the last few days. On antibiotics, but not feeling a heck of a lot better yet, sinus headache almost all the time.

I have started using FitDay again to help keep track of my food. I am still tracking points as well, but I think it helps to keep me more accountable.

Weight was down to 170.4 today, a success!

Doing well with my exercise plan, took yesterday off due to the sinuses.

Weather here has been up and down, Thurs and Fri were beautiful and warm, now we are back to arctic chill and looking at 3-6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.

Still waiting for the weather to get better. At least it is lighter in the morning, but its so blasted cold I can't go out to run.

Really buckling down with food, but DH and I splurged on Tuesdsay and it cost me dearly. Weight is at 171.4, up a bit. But I really felt yucky yesterday as well. Trying to stay on plan since Saturday we are having family over for dinner and that means eating more than usual.

Did some running on the mill yesterday, speed pyramid and today I did the BL Last Chance Workout. I liked it, I will probably incorporate it into my routine.

I have been lax in keeping up with my journal here, but I have been using FitDay regularly to track my food.

Weight down to 170.8, hoping to get into the 160's by Tuesday (March 1)

Exercise has been okay, I kinda fell off the wagon with the 12 week walking plan, while in theory its good, I just feel the need to run so I alter the plan to suit me. Which is still good. And on Thursday I did a video, the BL Last Chance Workout, and boy did I feel it the next day! But its good to do different things.

Hoping spring will be here soon-we got almost a foot and a half of snow in the last couple days. UGH.

First day of March. My weight is supposed to be around 159.
Its not.:headache:

I am stuck at 170.8, but I am confident that things will improve when the weather get better and I can get out and run. But in the meantime, I am sticking to my eating plan and doing the treadmill at least 4 days a week.

It will work out, I know I can do it, I have already done it already. I would like to lose 7 lbs this month. I think I can do it.

Veronica you can do it and you will.Spring is just around the corner-18 more days right and if the ground hog was right-haha! it will be a early spring! Today sounds good-haha!

Have a good one
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter