Two Adults at MNSSHP - What To Wear?

My husband and I went in late October and the heat wasn't too bad. We were an android couple, humanoid robots, not the phone. ;)

We wanted the pale look but didn't want to deal with heavy greasy makeup, so we used a lot of pale mineral powder. I carried some with me for touch-ups and it worked great.

DH, adult DS and I went last year for the first time, but because it was Sept 13th (the first party of the year) is was so blasted hot, we just wore t-shirts I had made using designs from Shadowryder from here on the Dis. Plan your costumes for the weather. In sept it is very hot! We saw only a few people with full on costumes, but what we saw was awesome. It is such a fun party, so no matter what you decide you'll have a blast!

ETA: This party is definitely for adults w/o kids as well as families. The parade and fireworks are awesome an the trick or treating is unexpectedly fun!

We were at the MNSSHP last October for our honeymoon. We went as bride and groom. We had our bride and groom ears and we also had the Disney bride and groom tee shirts.

MY husband and I have done the party a few times. We went as Ursula and King Triton, Mr. and Mrs. Potato head, and Woody and Buzz.

If you wanted to incorporate a scooter how about turning it into Andys bed from Toy story?

These are awesome ideas! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to create this but I really like the idea.

My 25yo dd and I will be going to Disney this Sept. This is our first trip to the world and will be our first MNSSHP. Trying to come up with costumes for 2 adult women. Princess costumes are out as they are too revealing for us. She is a surgical tech so we thought about her dressing up as a surgeon since she has access to the wardrobe. She has an old Pink Ladies getup that I thought about using. I don't know.....Suggestions?

Considering your DIS name, have you thought about going as candy bars?

Me and OH are having a hard time thinking of ideas too. We've thought of Mad Hatter and Alice, but then trying to get a big hat over there would be hard work. Flik and Atta for A Bugs Life, but I'm not sure I'm creative enough to design and make those? Robin Hood and Maid Marrion? (Not sure he'd wear the tights!). So I'm back to square one.
We've been to a party before as Cruella and he was a dalmation, but I thought I'd be WAY to hot under the wig and the fur coat!
Will be watching this thread closely for ideas! It's also my 21st birthday the day we're attending so if there was a way I could tie a birthday theme in that'd be great!

Ideas I've had while trying to come up with my own costume. We were looking at couples or group costumes that had a tie in with Disney somehow:

Star Wars characters
Indiana Jones and one of the girls in the movies
Mickey and Donald (not with a mouse and duck suit, just with the clothes they wear)
Ratatouille chefs
Haunted Mansion ghosts
Pirates (from the movies or rides, I may be the redhead from the ride)
Prince/Princess
Villains
Avengers

Ideas I've had while trying to come up with my own costume. We were looking at couples or group costumes that had a tie in with Disney somehow:

Star Wars characters
Indiana Jones and one of the girls in the movies
Mickey and Donald (not with a mouse and duck suit, just with the clothes they wear)
Ratatouille chefs
Haunted Mansion ghosts
Pirates (from the movies or rides, I may be the redhead from the ride)
Prince/Princess
Villains
Avengers

Ugh - we're in the same boat. We're a childless couple in our 40's, and we're going to MNSSHP on Oct 30th. We'd like to dress up. However, my guy (WookiePants / Grumpalicious) is about as imaginative as a rock, and I'm stuck with having to come up with our costumes. Here are our parameters:

1. Must be cool. We're old and from the North...we expect October to be warmer than we're used to.

2. Must not have elaborate hats / masks / etc. We want to ride the rides without disrobing or worrying that our hats will make riding difficult. Moreover, we don't want to be that idiot in the front who keeps the kids from seeing the parades & fireworks because we have some gargantuan headgear on.

3. Would like to have it Disney themed.

We've mulled over the Pirate thing (he thinks it's too cliche), the stereotypical tourists, the mad scientist and rat (of course *I* have to be the rat...go figure), mouseketeers (did you know they wore TURTLENECKS?? OMG), and by that time, he left the room and didn't feel like discussing it. I'm about to take a sharpie to one of his undershirts that says "I'm a Grump with no Freakin' Costume".

I'm stumped. We have 122 days to go...

Ok, I have to agree with the PP on this one...I have a fairly unimaginative DH too :( I've been trying to get him to think of costume ideas and he just keeps bringing up ones that I've said before and that I've made a point of saying probably won't work, like Ursula with all her tentacles. I'll take any ideas I can get because everything I bring up that's Disney-ish, he hates. I've tried Meg and Hercules among other things and his reaction was that he's not buff enough and that i'm not skinny enough and he has issues with it. I'm to the point of just giving up and wearing one of my renaissance outfits as a gypsy outfit and calling it good. I told him to make it easy and wear his kilt but he seems to think that "everyone is going to want to go as someone from Brave." We're going on the 30th of October, so we have a little time, but any other ideas are appreciated. I even tried Lilo and Stitch, as he has this thing about licking me, but he downed that idea too. :mad: At least I've subdued the worst idea yet (trust me, you don't want to know).:eek:

Ok, I have to agree with the PP on this one...I have a fairly unimaginative DH too :( (respectfully snipped for brevity)

Miracle of miracles, we figured it out. Here's our idea if you want to use it for yourselves, or use it as a stepping stone for your own ideas!

I got WookiePants (my guy) to agree to the following: 1 floppy Brown Dwarf hat (got it from ebay for under $10), one "Grumpy" shirt from the Disney Store, and VOILA! Instant Grumpy - which is completely apt for Mr. WookiePants. For me, I got a Cheshire Cat shirt from the Disney Store, matching whiskers, ears & tail (also ebay for about $10). I am glad that I can carry it all in my bag and not rent a locker for the day, and it won't take much room in our suitcases.

Good luck to everyone here who is working on this.

PS - to the PP who was going to go as Wall-E and Eva....that is the most AWESOME idea ever.

i love all of these ideas! :lovestruc it will either be me with dh or me, dh and my cousin (female). trying to think of disney themed costumes (simple and ones we can wear on rides). unfortunately, i am not talented in the "make your own" category, and also costume shops only open in september around here.

p.s. to the poster who was the princess bride, where in the world did you get a stuffed ROUS???? so awesome! :thumbsup2

This year DH and I are going as Waldo and Wenda. We're going to wear t-shirts and I'm going to get him a pair of Waldo Rx glasses online for cheap.
images

One year he went as an explorer and I went as a fairy.
The year after I went as Snow White (it was way to hot for that dress!) and he wore a Grumpy t-shirt.
DSC03571.JPG

Bugger!! I just realized Waldo doesn't have a beard. Now I need to come up with something else.

Ideas?

last year, me and a group of my friends went as characters from the super mario brothers game. It turned out really cool!:thumbsup2, the year before we went as characters from the Ghostbusters. You can imagine what the reaction was by cast members when we went on haunted mansion:rotfl2:

My hubby has a beard which he [and I] didn't want to shave. So since we are both wrestling fans we ended up going to MNSSHP at DL as The Macho King Randy Savage and Sensational Queen Sheri.

310847_2577234507980_1260843672_n.jpg

My hubby has a beard which he [and I] didn't want to shave. So since we are both wrestling fans we ended up going to MNSSHP at DL as The Macho King Randy Savage and Sensational Queen Sheri.

310847_2577234507980_1260843672_n.jpg

Those are great!!

We're now thinking Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox or vikings.

Those are great!!

We're now thinking Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox or vikings.

That's a really good idea. My friend [who made our costumes] her and her BF did Bunyan and Babe she was dressed in cute shorts and blue tights. She got cow ears, a tail and a bell for around her neck and she went as "babe"

Me, DH, our niece, and my mom are going to MNSSHP on Oct. 4th. Mom and I have been racking our brains since March for costume ideas. DH and I host a big Halloween party every year so we all have a closet full of costumes, but none of them are Disney. My niece is set on being "pink" Minnie (her costume is finished), and DH doesn't really care as long as he doesn't match any of us :confused3 so for him I am packing his Jack Skellington ears & t-shirt, and also his Star Wars sith robe & lightsaber. I had originally planned to be "red" minnie because I already have the ears and some yellow shoes that are perfect, but it is turning out to be really hard to find a modest dress or skirt that isn't on ebay or etsy for hundreds of dollars. I love Boo from Monsters Inc, but I'm afraid a grown woman dressed as a toddler in PJs will look ridiculous without any of the other characters with me. I do have a really nice and elaborate pirate costume, but it has lots of pieces and layers, and I'm afraid it will be too hot to wear it. My parents are already planning to be Wizard of Oz characters with some friends for our Halloween party, so my mom is thinking of wearing her tin man costume to mnsshp. She would really like to be the fairy godmother, but we can only find handmade custom costumes that are very expensive. Neither of us or our friends/family can sew :( Well, thanks for letting me vent. It's nice to know we aren't the only ones stressing about this & all the ideas on here are great.

I am really excited, we are going on our Disneymoon, and going to dress up as a bride & groom to take a lot of "just married" type pictures and pictures with the characters while in our wedding gear! I can't wait!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter