Two Adults at MNSSHP - What To Wear?

Am so loving all these ideas/pics! :thumbsup2

We haven't gotten much further in the costume discussion, unfortunately. We do have a costume shop that is open year round, though, and I think we'll be headed there soon to get some inspiration.

I had thought of going as the Wicked Witch (green face and all) with DH being another Oz character, but the thought of trying to clean off all that green makeup at 1 a.m. made the decision for me LOL

Didn't even think of looking in the trip reports, so thank you to whomever suggested that!

I am thinking about doing MNSSHP this year... and have been throwing around a few ideas for a costume...

I will be using an ECV and would like to incorporate that into a costume if possible. I thought about making the ECV a bed and wearing my pjs. I have a terry cloth robe with MICKEY embroidered on it.. I can wear that (or remove it if it gets to be too hot. The problem is trying to make the bed.. I guess I am not creative enough.

What an adorable idea! I'm sorry though, I have no helpful advice on how to make the ECV look like a bed. Let us know what you decide to do. :thumbsup2

My parents went last year. At first they were both going to dress up as scarecrows. Something fell threw and my mom ended up being Snow White and my dad was a vampire.

I love the idea of turning your scooter into a bed and wearing your pjs. I may try it myself. I think you could make a lightweight but study frame (dowels or perhaps pvc pipe) that's basically a rectangular shape, and then drape a sheet and blanket over it, covering the entire scooter.
I always think costumes are best with finishing touchs, so I'd try to include an alarm clock, perhaps a dog or cat stuffed animal (Pluto?) curled up at the bottom, and a Duffy.
And I'll have eyeshades perched on top of my head.

I would avoid the green face paint (even though I'm a huge fan of Wicked, and the Wizard of Oz) unless you're the type of person who never sweats! My friends and I went as Huey, Dewey, and Louie and got a lot of great attention all night while we were there... and we had a good laugh at one staff member who said "oh look, it's the angry birds!"... Anyway, I know that doesn't help for a two person idea, but I fully endorse the idea of doing a "team" costume! It's so much fun!

My husband and I went last year and we just wore t-shirts. I bought two halloween Mickey shirts form the Disney Store, but there were a lot of adults dressed up. We decided to just do the shirts because it was so HOT and HUMID!! LOL

I love the idea of turning your scooter into a bed and wearing your pjs. I may try it myself. I think you could make a lightweight but study frame (dowels or perhaps pvc pipe) that's basically a rectangular shape, and then drape a sheet and blanket over it, covering the entire scooter.
I always think costumes are best with finishing touchs, so I'd try to include an alarm clock, perhaps a dog or cat stuffed animal (Pluto?) curled up at the bottom, and a Duffy.

Thanks I like that idea... will see if I can get that to work!

Last year I went as a renfair type wench and DH went as a kayak fisherman (he kayak fishs) :lmao:.

Plans to go in 2012 fell through, but 2013 will be Harry Dresden for him and maybe Karrin Murphy for me. I'd kind of rather do his faerie grandmother though, so we'll see. (I could see "Harry" muttering about what strange place in the NeverNever this is, while I smile smugly and make snide comments. . .OTOH, being Karrin would be fun - Just Harry and Karrin out at MK for a night off of fighting evil. . .)

Anywho, maybe think through some favorite books that are popular or some sort of fun archetype?

We've dressed up a few times but I think the only one I have pictures from is 2007. We went as Buttercup and the Dread Pirate Roberts. I rented a costume for that year - red dress, long blonde wig. And I carried a stuffed ROUS. :)

ButtercupandDreadPirateRoberts.jpg

Our friends came with that year and were E and Syndrome from the Incredibles, entirely homemade costumes. We all had a great time and got a lot of attention that year!

EandSyndrome.jpg

This will be the first time my DH and I have gone to Disney during the MNSSHP and I wasn't sure if it was something we would do since we don't have children, but this thread has definitely changed my mind :) I didn't realize so many adult couples went, I assumed it was only for small children. SILLY ME! :rotfl2: Now I'm absolutely ecstatic about it. My main reason for going in October was for the F&W festival, so this is an added bonus. Now to figure out what we will be...

I am thinking about doing MNSSHP this year... and have been throwing around a few ideas for a costume...

I will be using an ECV and would like to incorporate that into a costume if possible. I thought about making the ECV a bed and wearing my pjs. I have a terry cloth robe with MICKEY embroidered on it.. I can wear that (or remove it if it gets to be too hot. The problem is trying to make the bed.. I guess I am not creative enough.

These are awesome ideas! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to create this but I really like the idea.

My 25yo dd and I will be going to Disney this Sept. This is our first trip to the world and will be our first MNSSHP. Trying to come up with costumes for 2 adult women. Princess costumes are out as they are too revealing for us. She is a surgical tech so we thought about her dressing up as a surgeon since she has access to the wardrobe. She has an old Pink Ladies getup that I thought about using. I don't know.....Suggestions?

I have a few ideas I want to try over the next couple of years. I have always wanted to do Hyancyth Hippo and Ben Ali Gator from Fantasia (we usually make our costumes from scratch). I also think Tinkerbell and Captain Hook would be cute. It's not Disney, but I want to be Al and Peg Bundy sometime.

Here's our costumes last year:
peewee.jpg

This year, we're (so far) planning on going as Wall-E and Eve ah

My DH and I went as Hyancyth Hippo and Ben Ali Gator 2 years ago. I found and aligator hat for him and I wore grey pants and top with a pink tutu. It was a stretch but a couple people guessed who we were.

These are awesome ideas! Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to create this but I really like the idea.

My 25yo dd and I will be going to Disney this Sept. This is our first trip to the world and will be our first MNSSHP. Trying to come up with costumes for 2 adult women. Princess costumes are out as they are too revealing for us. She is a surgical tech so we thought about her dressing up as a surgeon since she has access to the wardrobe. She has an old Pink Ladies getup that I thought about using. I don't know.....Suggestions?

I love both these ideas! DH and I were going to go as a greaser and a Pink Lady, but he didn't want to be stuck wearing jeans just in case it was really hot the day we went.

We're still not sure what we're going to wear. :confused3 Who knows - it may be Halloween shirts and black shorts. :scratchin

We have gone as a 50's couple - poodle skirt, sweater and scarf around the neck for me, jeans, white socks, black loafers, and a white t-shirt with a prop pack of Camel cigarettes in his folded up sleeve for hubby; Cleopatra and Julius Ceasar. We also have couples costumes that we bought from the Disney store online several years ago but they are usually too warm to wear or too bulky to bring down - Mickey and Minnie; (Mickey is the the one that get hot) Donald and Daisy (that is the bulky one - basically a bean bag duck body with leggings, and hood plus you get very hot wearing it even in cool weather); Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swan; Cinderella and Prince Charming; Captain Hook and Tinkerbell.
If you are going to do rides, you need costumes that can fit on the rides. We usually bring a lighter costume and a little heavier one - just in case, never know for sure what the temps will be. The one year we wore our 50's costumes it was extremely hot and we were very uncomfortable.
We do go to a lot of Halloween parties over the years so we have a closet full of couple costumes.
We have done the pirate and wench, Maverick and a saloon girl, Tooth Fairy and Mr. Sandman; cavalier and lady in waiting, Mermaid and fisherman, Belly dancer and Arab sheik just to name a few.
Tooth Fairy and Mr. Sandman were very easy - I just got a fairy costume from the store and made a sack with picture of a tooth on it filled with those gold colored chocolate coins. I got hubby a night shirt and cap from the Vermont Country store and made a sack that said "Sleep Sand" and filled with glitter.

Last year my boyfriend and I went to MNSSHP together. We're in our late 20s and we wanted to bring costumes that would be easy to fit into our suitcases. We went as Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. My boyfriend wore a green shirt with Kermit's body on it and I wore piggy ears, a pink boa, purple gloves and a big ring. I was worried people wouldn't know who we were, but they totally got it!

set

I think we have made a final decision on our costumes. I am going as Wilma and dd as Pebbles. Think this will be okay since we are not dressing up as Disney characters?

http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/wheelchair-costumes.html

I knew I'd seen this web page somewhere! :) Hope it helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter