Two first timers take on free dining...was it a success? 13-27 Sept 2011- Complete...

Don't you just love that candy shop? I could buy it out, but I usually end up leaving empty handed becuase I never know what ONE thing to buy. :laughing:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Captain's Grille. We were supposed to eat there, but it was a later ADR and it was the night of the Halloween Party (we ended up switching to Olivia's Cafe). I still want to try it, and your appetizer looks yummy...love lump crab cakes.

Don't you just love that candy shop? I could buy it out, but I usually end up leaving empty handed becuase I never know what ONE thing to buy. :laughing:

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Captain's Grille. We were supposed to eat there, but it was a later ADR and it was the night of the Halloween Party (we ended up switching to Olivia's Cafe). I still want to try it, and your appetizer looks yummy...love lump crab cakes.

That candy shop was great and I have to agree that I could not decide what to get! :lmao: Being able to buy the whole store would be an option :rolleyes1

Thanks, we enjoyed it but wouldn't rush back. I think you made a wise choice to switch to Olivia's Cafe especially in order to make the most of the Halloween Party.

Mmm them crab cakes were yummy - they also had them as a mains option but thought I'd try the fish.

I've never eaten at the Captain's Grille, but my parents have. They weren't huge fans of it either. Same thing as you said, not that it was terrible or anything, there are just other places that they would rather eat.

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling the greatest at first. I hate that when I'm in WDW, especially when I want to eat.

Nice review of Captain's Grille. We really liked it as a low-key lunch option in the Epcot resort area (it has a decent lobster roll and a burger topped with crabmeat, yum). I don't think I'd want to have a dinner there - you're right in saying there's just too many other options! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review on Capt Grille, it's one restaurant I have never thought of trying, but like everyone has said there are so many options in that area.

Good to hear about the Captain's Grille, probably not one we're going to try anytime soon. It looks decent but there are so many other places I want to try!

By the way, how was Disney quest? I've never done it and don't know much about it.

That pizza Zaheer had at WPE looks soooo good.
That's nice you had a non-park day to relax a bit (well traditional park...you don't have to walk miles and miles at Disney Quest!)

It makes me smile that you came all the way to Disney World and had chips from the UK!:) Sometimes it's nice to have something that you know you'll like! My sister and I took a trip to New York a few years ago and my friends made fun of us because we ate at the Olive Garden in Times Square - and we can get Olive Garden any time we want! It looks like you and Zaheer had a great trip. I'm jealous of all the restaurants you got to try. Yum!! It'll be all your fault if I have to book another trip to Disney...:laughing:

Captains Grill is another place I haven't eaten there yet. I don't think there's any rush to try since the menu looks nothing special but I guess it is convenient if we stay at Yacht/Beach Club.

Although I am a bit biased I agree in that UK is a great place to live in despite the rain we get! :laughing: That's a shame about not discovering our delicious fish until the third visit but hey better late then never!

Ooh am glad you stayed at Bracknell - how cool to come to the UK for college. I would have loved to have studied at another place during college. I had the opportunity to go to Italy but never took it :sad2:

Let us know if you ever visit in the future :thumbsup2

Yep, I had absolutely no problem with all the rain. I just had to make sure my pants didn't drag and I had my umbrella and all was well :) Bracknell was a pretty nice to call home. The college was housed in an old mansion, which was so cool. On one the previous trips we started in London and drove to the top of Scotland. Stopped at all the castles we found. So much fun. Will definitely let you know when we're over there again, that would be fun!

But I digress, back to your TR. :) I think the Captain's Grille would be nice if you're staying at the hotel, but from your review I don't know that I'd rush over when there are so many other options. Zaheer's lunch looked good from WPE. With your sweet tooth you resisted buying any goodies at Candy Cauldron, I am shocked! :)

Sorry you didn't feel good for lunch, but glad you felt better for dinner!! :goodvibes I love that candy store!! :love:

Good review of the Captain's Grille, not somewhere I've ever really had the urge to eat to be honest but I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, perhaps I will try it some day!

I've never eaten at the Captain's Grille, but my parents have. They weren't huge fans of it either. Same thing as you said, not that it was terrible or anything, there are just other places that they would rather eat.

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling the greatest at first. I hate that when I'm in WDW, especially when I want to eat.

I agree with the view of your parents. Captain's Grille wasn't a terrible experience but there's just so many other restaurant options that I would like to try instead.

Thanks! I think the heat was getting to me a bit. After having the water and being indoors at Disney Quest I felt better :goodvibes

Nice review of Captain's Grille. We really liked it as a low-key lunch option in the Epcot resort area (it has a decent lobster roll and a burger topped with crabmeat, yum). I don't think I'd want to have a dinner there - you're right in saying there's just too many other options! :goodvibes

Thanks. I remember reading about your lunch on your reviews and liking the look of the lobster roll. You are right in that there are many other options that I would rather have dinner at on a future trip :thumbsup2

Thanks for the review on Capt Grille, it's one restaurant I have never thought of trying, but like everyone has said there are so many options in that area.

No worries - thank you for reading along :goodvibes I agree in that there are lots of options at the Epcot resorts and then at the park itself.

Good to hear about the Captain's Grille, probably not one we're going to try anytime soon. It looks decent but there are so many other places I want to try!

By the way, how was Disney quest? I've never done it and don't know much about it.

I think everyone feels the same way - I don't think I would rush to return either. It was good to try but I'd like to try some place else on a future trip.

Disney Quest was good - Zaheer enjoyed it more than me. It's an arcade with 5 different floors and different types of games on each one. Some of them are good like Magic Carpets and POTC (which are virtual) but others are just things you would find in a normal arcade centre - car games, air hockey etc.

That pizza Zaheer had at WPE looks soooo good.
That's nice you had a non-park day to relax a bit (well traditional park...you don't have to walk miles and miles at Disney Quest!)

It was sooo good - I had already had it on our arrival day and can vouch it's very yummy. Saying that I don't think you can go wrong with anything at WPE!

:lmao: you are right - it was nice to have a sort of non-park day and recharge our batteries for the days to come.

It makes me smile that you came all the way to Disney World and had chips from the UK!:) Sometimes it's nice to have something that you know you'll like! My sister and I took a trip to New York a few years ago and my friends made fun of us because we ate at the Olive Garden in Times Square - and we can get Olive Garden any time we want! It looks like you and Zaheer had a great trip. I'm jealous of all the restaurants you got to try. Yum!! It'll be all your fault if I have to book another trip to Disney...:laughing:

I know - I could have them at home any day! I think I was missing home a little bit and the chips just provided the comfort I needed :thumbsup2 I'm glad to read I'm not the only one to do that!

We had a great time! :lmao: I'm feeling the same way over the F&W festival! I keep seeing all these great pics and want to return just so I can sample all the goodies.

Captains Grill is another place I haven't eaten there yet. I don't think there's any rush to try since the menu looks nothing special but I guess it is convenient if we stay at Yacht/Beach Club.

I agree in that it's not a restaurant that I would rush to try unless I was staying at an Epcot resort.

Yep, I had absolutely no problem with all the rain. I just had to make sure my pants didn't drag and I had my umbrella and all was well :) Bracknell was a pretty nice to call home. The college was housed in an old mansion, which was so cool. On one the previous trips we started in London and drove to the top of Scotland. Stopped at all the castles we found. So much fun. Will definitely let you know when we're over there again, that would be fun!

But I digress, back to your TR. :) I think the Captain's Grille would be nice if you're staying at the hotel, but from your review I don't know that I'd rush over when there are so many other options. Zaheer's lunch looked good from WPE. With your sweet tooth you resisted buying any goodies at Candy Cauldron, I am shocked! :)

Glad to hear it! My umbrella broke a while back so have just replaced it today - don't why I had to share that information :rolleyes1 Ooh I would love to stay at an old mansion. I have recently been looking at lake side cottages and wanting to book one for a weekend trip. Wow at driving from London to Scotland - sounds like a fun road trip!

I agree - I would stick to the other options and only return to Captain's Grille if I was staying at a local hotel. Yes, I shocked myself as well but I thought I would be returning and couldn't choose...was just drooling looking at the display! :rotfl:

Sorry you didn't feel good for lunch, but glad you felt better for dinner!! :goodvibes I love that candy store!! :love:

Aaw thanks Emma! I felt better later on and my appetite returned for our dinner! :laughing: I love it too and next time I am going to make sure I actually buy something!

Good review of the Captain's Grille, not somewhere I've ever really had the urge to eat to be honest but I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, perhaps I will try it some day!

Thanks - honestly there are better options so I would take my time getting to Captain's Grille.

Awesome review and great photos! The Sunshine Seasons strawberry cheesecake is officially on my list of things to try now! I'll be in Epcot on Sunday so I'll be sure to have some.

When Jasmine and I ate there last year we found it to be "ok" but this year we had a fabulous server and it made the meal that much better, we really enjoyed our meal there this time!

Great pics once again....don't you just love all the candy shops?

Count me in and I also just caught up! Love the pictures :)

:welcome: and I am glad you are loving the pictures :goodvibes

I'm hoping to post the next update later today.

Awesome review and great photos! The Sunshine Seasons strawberry cheesecake is officially on my list of things to try now! I'll be in Epcot on Sunday so I'll be sure to have some.

Aaw :welcome: and thank you! :goodvibes Ooh you definitely have to try the Sunshine Seasons Strawberry shortcake - just thinking about it is making my mouth water. Hope you have a great time in Epcot on Sunday!

When Jasmine and I ate there last year we found it to be "ok" but this year we had a fabulous server and it made the meal that much better, we really enjoyed our meal there this time!

Great pics once again....don't you just love all the candy shops?

Maybe I have to give it another shot then as I have to agree although our server was ok she wasn't fabulous and we had received better service at other places. I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Thanks hun...I definitely love all the candy shops! I don't know how I managed to tear myself away from them! :lmao:

Zaheer did his own thing today so I got up and went to Everything Pop. I got some chocolate chip pancakes and a coffee. The pancakes were nice but I missed the Mickey Waffles too much!

613-1.jpg

We didn't eat anything for lunch as this was the night we were attending MNSSHP. We got some food from Peco Bills whilst Zaheer was waiting in the queue to meet Seven Dwarfs. We got the vegetarian burger (which was okay), fries and water. I also got some onion rings as a snack which were huge and yummy! Sorry I have no pics of our food from here.

We took a pic of candy that we got from the party.

664-1.jpg

Zaheer got a sandwich and fries from Everything Pop on the way home.

663-1.jpg

As we did not eat much food today I will do the next review as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter