Two first timers take on free dining...was it a success? 13-27 Sept 2011- Complete...

:welcome: Tracy! Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

I'm here!! I made it on over to your "DR" which I now know what it is. :rotfl: I don't think I have the discipline (or taste buds) for a DR, so I'll just read along with yours. Very excited!

:welcome: Wendy, thanks for being here! Lol, am glad I helped you in finding out what a DR is!! I def have the taste buds - now the discipline on the other hand is another thing altogether! :lmao:

I'm in!

You'll be going a lot of places I've never been, so this should be a very interesting read for me. :goodvibes

I'm in!

You'll be going a lot of places I've never been, so this should be a very interesting read for me. :goodvibes

Yay, :welcome: Abby and thanks for joining in!

I'm looking forward to trying all the new experiences and am hoping to be able to say that we fell in love with each and every place! ;)

I'm here! Can't wait to hear how your dining experiences go!

As you know, I will be spending a LOT of time at Karamel Kuche (I'm already drooling...) and Starring Rolls (Oh, my tummy just rumbled... it's already wanting a cupcake!) I've also added getting a cinnamon roll at the Main St Bakery on my list of treats to try!

I hope you love Boma... it's one of my favorites. Everything I've tried there, I have loved! So yummy!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear how your dining experiences go!

As you know, I will be spending a LOT of time at Karamel Kuche (I'm already drooling...) and Starring Rolls (Oh, my tummy just rumbled... it's already wanting a cupcake!) I've also added getting a cinnamon roll at the Main St Bakery on my list of treats to try!

I hope you love Boma... it's one of my favorites. Everything I've tried there, I have loved! So yummy!

Yay, :welcome: Shannon, thanks for joining in!

Lol I can't wait to also spend LOTS of time at KK!! :lovestruc Starring Rolls is another place I am excited to visit...am also drooling thinking about the cupcakes! We already have a visit to MSB planned and having seen a pic of a cloudberry horn last night that is now also on my wish list!

Having seen pics of the Boma buffet am sure we will have a great time! Glad to hear that it is one of your favourites :thumbsup2

How did I miss this? Am I living under a rock or something? :lmao:

Hope you have a wonderful trip...cannot wait to read your reviews on the caramel shop....we missed it in May (too hot to eat) and I cannot wait to go back and snack there again

How did I miss this? Am I living under a rock or something? :lmao:

Hope you have a wonderful trip...cannot wait to read your reviews on the caramel shop....we missed it in May (too hot to eat) and I cannot wait to go back and snack there again

Yay, :welcome: Nicki!! Lol, I'm glad to have you here and you haven't missed much. Just me listing where we will be eating and practically drooling over all the possibilities! :rotfl:

Thanks, I can't wait for this trip and no matter how hot it is nothing is going to keep me away from Karamelle Kuche!! Hope you get to enjoy some caramel covered goodies in October! :goodvibes

I am in! Can't wait for your reviews.... :goodvibes
Our trips over lap for a couple of day! We arrive on 24th.

Oh, I forgot the Carrot Cake Cookie at Writer's Stop (at HS)... it's also on my list of treats I want to try!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/07/12/you-wont-believe-this-snack-carrot-cake-cookie/

YUM.

That Carrot Cake Cookie sure is YUM and one of the reasons we are having breakfast at Writer's Stop on our DHS day instead of Pop. I'm sure I'll come back double the size I left with all the snacks and meals we have planned...oh well it's not every day you get to eat at the happiest place on earth! ;)

I am in! Can't wait for your reviews.... :goodvibes
Our trips over lap for a couple of day! We arrive on 24th.

:welcome: mousegear! Glad to have you here!

Hope your DS has a great birthday!! Are you staying at Pop as well? If so I will be on the lookout for a LGMH with your DIS name on it :goodvibes

I'm here:goodvibes

I just noticed that your dates are the 13th through the 27th at Pop which is our exact same dates at Pop as well, how funny is that

Your ADR's sound great and hopefully you guys enjoy everywhere you try

:welcome: mermaid764! Thanks for joining in - have seen you on a couple of TRs I have been following.

Haha that sure is funny that we'll be there on the exact same dates? I can't wait to spend some time around Pop Century! Have you requested a particular section - we have asked for a room in the 50s but am not sure if we'll be successful. I hope to see you around Pop at some point during our trip :goodvibes

I can't wait to try all the new dining experiences!

:welcome: mermaid764! Thanks for joining in - have seen you on a couple of TRs I have been following.

Haha that sure is funny that we'll be there on the exact same dates? I can't wait to spend some time around Pop Century! Have you requested a particular section - we have asked for a room in the 50s but am not sure if we'll be successful. I hope to see you around Pop at some point during our trip :goodvibes

I can't wait to try all the new dining experiences!

Yah I recognized you from a few TR's as well, and we actually stayed in the 50's last year and loved it so much we've requested it again so i'm crossing my fingers that's where we end up.

It would be neat to run into you guys there....just over two more weeks and i'm already so excited:goodvibes

That Carrot Cake Cookie sure is YUM and one of the reasons we are having breakfast at Writer's Stop on our DHS day instead of Pop. I'm sure I'll come back double the size I left with all the snacks and meals we have planned...oh well it's not every day you get to eat at the happiest place on earth! ;)

Yeah, my DH has said I need to weigh myself before and after my trip... he's pretty sure I'm going to come back a few pounds heavier, with all the food I'll be eating! :laughing:

Yah I recognized you from a few TR's as well, and we actually stayed in the 50's last year and loved it so much we've requested it again so i'm crossing my fingers that's where we end up.

It would be neat to run into you guys there....just over two more weeks and i'm already so excited:goodvibes

Cool - am glad you enjoyed the 50's so much and here's hoping we both end up in that section. Btw the question mark was meant to be an exclamation one in my earlier post - was typing very late last night due to the time difference! :laughing:

That would be great...I know time sure is flying by!! I'm excited but nervous that I haven't started packing yet. I have everything laid out and will put it in a suitcase next week :goodvibes

Yeah, my DH has said I need to weigh myself before and after my trip... he's pretty sure I'm going to come back a few pounds heavier, with all the food I'll be eating! :laughing:

I'm sure I'm going to be the same - will find out at WW when I come back! Don't even want to think about returning at the minute :eek:

Stay tuned because I have a snack wish list to post in a few minutes!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend and those of you affected by Hurricane Irene are safe from harm's way :goodvibes

You may have noticed from our introduction that I am a lists person and like to have all the details planned beforehand - yes I know what happens to the best laid plans but a girl can try her best, right? ;)

With the help of the dining boards I have made a list of the snacks I want to try at Disney World so thought I'd share them with you (WARNING: expect lots of yummy snack pics!)

MK

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich - this will be perfect on a hot sunny day!

21271-1.jpg

Dole Whip - After hearing so many good things about it I thought it was only fair I try one and share my opinion!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRPXhMiD06ziJ4fO-KfboNxIapeqFAQ5WFpnW6cJBnmExYTV5Ai.jpg

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel - am not sure about this one but Zaheer is a fan of pretzels so will try a little bit and see what I think.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSyTbVbb44dipOm0EhdFBuI-26P1J9HRYuSNUrZrE7XvZ0bK4Sa.jpg

Epcot

School bread/Cloudberry horn

5256459684_c9bebdf1e6-1.jpg

Chocolate Caramel Cupcake and other goodies from Karamelle Kuche!

KK-1.jpg

Chocolate Crepe

imagesqtbnANd9GcTtDW4urZFw-NeSVoDQTCHvjbBxXi7a2GWphkwf531GvYATz4FpXQ.jpg

We will also be paying a visit at the France Bakery and getting an American Dream, which looks soo delish and refreshing!

DHS

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake

imagesqtbnANd9GcQdC1wop-ZbaK5FmbqdVUe0PLi6ST_2Tz-gO0hnJJZ-pBdoy367gQ-1.jpg

Carrot Cookie Cake

carrot-cake-cookie-1.jpg

Mickey Ice cream Bar (maybe getting more than one!)

imagesqtbnANd9GcRaulO-7T9t63EDS9FUoP68SgiLWz9Af1JDRIY25LPewi4MumpF-1.jpg

AK

Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel

pretzel.jpg

Kusafiri cupcake

Zebra-side-225x300-1.jpg

We will probably also make a stop at Anandupur Tea Company as Zaheer loves his tea! I on the other hand can not stand the stuff (sorry tea lovers but love my coffee too much!)

DTD

I'm sure quite a few will be spent at Candy Cauldren and Goofy's Candy Co on some yummy treats!!

Resorts

Tie Dye Cheesecake!!

imagesqtbnANd9GcRFJWRA5lfpiWDr47dKme0uGqeqqr7mzcN5TiFdSN_8FPKaiBDE.jpg

Florida Strawberry Cupcake - Contemporary Cafe...am not sure if I'll be able to handle choosing only one cupcake but this is the one I like the look of the most!

imagesqtbnANd9GcTNs-Frl8v-jlijdA3jHjXJN31FiNRc_IdhkTxLWF9d7LYecwlX-1.jpg

We will also be visiting Boardwalk Bakery so may also have to pick up a couple of treats from here as well!

Oh god..just writing this list makes me feel guilty about the amount of food I am planning to put away during this trip! However, I am going to be walking a lot so it'll even out, right? Let's just say I won't be surprised if I gain some weight during the two weeks! :rolleyes1

:lovestruc

Those snacks look sooooo yummy!!! I totally agree with you 100% on every single one! :rotfl: Oh how I wish I was back at Disney- it's really the only place you can eat SOOO much and get away with it! :laughing::laughing:

Those snacks look sooooo yummy!!! I totally agree with you 100% on every single one! :rotfl: Oh how I wish I was back at Disney- it's really the only place you can eat SOOO much and get away with it! :laughing::laughing:

They sure look YUMMY, don't they??? ;) I'm going to enjoy working my way through them and hopefully won't feel guilty - after all I will be at Disney World!!! :laughing:

Aaw I hope you get to go back soon as I would love to read another TR from you guys. I will take lots of pics for you on our trip!! :banana:

You are missing one VERY important snack on your list -- Disney popcorn. There is no popcorn like it.

Mark loves the Mickey Bars and the pretzels; he wasn't keen on the school bread though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter