Two full days or 2.5 and when to buy tickets

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
We will be coming to TDR from our hotel in Shinjuku in late June, so we can essentially get to the resort pretty early on our first day. We are staying three nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay.

Should I buy a three-day ticket and visit Disneyland on our first day (followed by Disney Sea then hop between the two on our third) or should we do something else in Tokyo (considering Odaiba on the way, but would have our luggage...is it worth a stop?) and then spend just two full days in the parks?

We will be spending three nights in Tokyo before TDR, our time at Disney will be a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and my kids will be 15, 14 and 11.

Also, is there any reason not to buy our tickets before leaving home? Seems nice to already have them in hand, but it seems like most people wait until they are in Japan to either buy them at their hotel or at a Disney Store.

We will be coming to TDR from our hotel in Shinjuku in late June, so we can essentially get to the resort pretty early on our first day. We are staying three nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay.

Should I buy a three-day ticket and visit Disneyland on our first day (followed by Disney Sea then hop between the two on our third) or should we do something else in Tokyo (considering Odaiba on the way, but would have our luggage...is it worth a stop?) and then spend just two full days in the parks?

We will be spending three nights in Tokyo before TDR, our time at Disney will be a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and my kids will be 15, 14 and 11.

Also, is there any reason not to buy our tickets before leaving home? Seems nice to already have them in hand, but it seems like most people wait until they are in Japan to either buy them at their hotel or at a Disney Store.
I’ll always say more days at Disney but I’m enabler. That’s kind of up to you and what you expect to get done that day (how early you want to get up/when you’ll get to the park/what you want to ride).

We aren’t buying our tickets until we are in Japan because we need a 4-day ticket and I haven’t been able to find that anywhere online

I’ll always say more days at Disney but I’m enabler. That’s kind of up to you and what you expect to get done that day (how early you want to get up/when you’ll get to the park/what you want to ride).

We aren’t buying our tickets until we are in Japan because we need a 4-day ticket and I haven’t been able to find that anywhere online

Yes I do agree, but for us, I don't want to miss anything "Tokyo" haha. Also, I saw 4-day tickets on TDR's official website tonight. FYI!

I think it would make more sense to buy a 3 day pass rather than after 6 + 2 day pass. It's not that much more and it gives a lot more flexibility to arrive earlier on the first day and park hop on the last day.

I would personally try to fit any other Tokyo activities onto a different day or that morning and then just go to the park for the extra half day. More chances to win the show lotteries, more chances to see the nighttime shows and more rides you can do. But it depends on how much you enjoy Disney vs. the other things you can see in Tokyo.

I try to buy from the Disney Store or the park to get actual tickets. Plus, I've tried buying from the website and gotten my credit card rejected. It's far less trouble to just buy in Japan.

Yes I do agree, but for us, I don't want to miss anything "Tokyo" haha. Also, I saw 4-day tickets on TDR's official website tonight. FYI!
I guess I just want the physical tickets that I can buy at Ikspiari. They're almost like a souvenir themselves! What things would you want to do in Tokyo that day that you wouldn't want to miss?

For Saturdays and Sundays, Starlight Passports are available for entry after 3 pm, not 6 pm. This gives you more time if you want to have a half-day visit to either park. It’s 5400 yen (1200 yen more than After 6 Passport).

For Saturdays and Sundays, Starlight Passports are available for entry after 3 pm, not 6 pm. This gives you more time if you want to have a half-day visit to either park. It’s 5400 yen (1200 yen more than After 6 Passport).

From my understanding, OP was already planning to go to TDR for 2 days and was thinking of adding another half day before. 2 days + starlight is more expensive than a 3 day ticket. If they happened to arrive on a weekday, they could save 400 yen by buying an after 6 + 2 day instead of a 3 day ticket. But I think people would rather just pay the 400 yen for more hours and park hopping on the 3rd day.

I think if we are able to get everything done that I have on my list in Tokyo, then we will just sleep in a little and then get up and head straight to TDR. Hopefully we can get into the park by lunchtime. I'll get 3-day tickets at the Shinjuku (where we are staying) Disney Store if the sell them there, otherwise we will stop in while in Shibuya so that way we only have to swing by the Hilton Tokyo Bay to drop luggage and can head straight to the park.

Thank you all for the replies!

You could also just buy tickets at the ticket booths in front of the park. People only talk about buying at other places beforehand to get in line before the gate opens. Not an issue if you are arriving at lunchtime.

You could also just buy tickets at the ticket booths in front of the park. People only talk about buying at other places beforehand to get in line before the gate opens. Not an issue if you are arriving at lunchtime.

Good to know! Thanks. Do you know if they take credit cards or is it cash only? I really don't want to carry around so much cash.

I think if we are able to get everything done that I have on my list in Tokyo, then we will just sleep in a little and then get up and head straight to TDR. Hopefully we can get into the park by lunchtime. I'll get 3-day tickets at the Shinjuku (where we are staying) Disney Store if the sell them there, otherwise we will stop in while in Shibuya so that way we only have to swing by the Hilton Tokyo Bay to drop luggage and can head straight to the park.

Thank you all for the replies!
You should be able to drop your luggage at the welcome center at Ikspari and buy tickets there using a credit card. That's what we did on our first trip in 2016. We stayed at the Sheraton. Our bags were transferred to the hotel while we explored Ikspari and the Mira Costa, then we went into DisneySea on the after 6 pass.

You should be able to drop your luggage at the welcome center at Ikspari and buy tickets there using a credit card. That's what we did on our first trip in 2016. We stayed at the Sheraton. Our bags were transferred to the hotel while we explored Ikspari and the Mira Costa, then we went into DisneySea on the after 6 pass.

Oh that's really great. It would save us from going to the hotel! I don't think I've read about this anywhere. Thank you!

Wait I didn’t know this! You can do this if you’re staying at the Hilton?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter