Two Taps vs One for Rides (to book next LL)

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
From my reading on Genie+, you can book your next LL either when you tap into your last LL ride or after 2 hours. But from what I read, some rides have two places to tap.

The reason I'm asking...there are some rides that I won't be riding due to health issues so trying to figure out if I go through the queues with my family and use the chicken exit, or if we just pick a meeting spot and I do not go through (which is an issue if a ride has a second tap). Also, since I may change my mine last minute, I still would book a Lightning Lane (with the exception being the $LL and Guardians Boarding Group).

1. Does anyone remember rides that require 2 spots to tap your magic band before being eligible for the next LL?
  2. Or specifically, do you know about the taps for any of the following: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Millennium Falcon, Rock N Roller Rollercoaster, Test Track, Mission, Space, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur?
  3. Also any of the specific rides listed where the chicken exit is complicated and it's just better to find a meeting spot instead of me walking through with them?
Sorry, I know it's a detailed question. Just worried a bit about messing up our next LL eligibility (plus losing my family by not finding them after the ride)

Last week big thunder definitely had 2 taps (and every time I have ridden it in the past too). Splash was not using the second one. I am sorry but I flat out cannot remember the rest I remember where there were on some of them but cannot remember if we tapped again or not.

Last week big thunder definitely had 2 taps (and every time I have ridden it in the past too). Splash was not using the second one. I am sorry but I flat out cannot remember the rest I remember where there were on some of them but cannot remember if we tapped again or not.
Nothing to be sorry about. That helps. Noting 2 taps for Big Thunder. Thanks!

Where we have tapped twice this year's trips that I remember -
Flight of Passage
Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs
Peter Pan
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
MFalcon
Slinky Dog
Alien
RnR
Frozen
Big Thunder

Many you list that have them - but they cover them sometimes, so you never know. If you don't enter but have a reservation just hand your MB to someone in your party to tap it for you if needed.

It's very inconsistent. Sometimes they use both, sometimes they don't. It probably has to do with staffing, crowds, other factors that we aren't aware of. Honestly, Disney likes to keep things like this inconsistent, so people don't take advantage. (I know that's not what you are doing at all!)

I agree with @HopperFan. As long as you don't need your band for something while the rest of the group is riding, just give it to one of the riders to scan if there is a second one. Or get a ticket card they could use for this purpose.

Where we have tapped twice this year's trips that I remember -
Flight of Passage
Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs
Peter Pan
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
MFalcon
Slinky Dog
Alien
RnR
Frozen
Big Thunder

Many you list that have them - but they cover them sometimes, so you never know. If you don't enter but have a reservation just hand your MB to someone in your party to tap it for you if needed.
Thanks so much. And good idea as another option to hand them my magic band or card.

Test Track has 2 taps. That's not much, but at least I can confirm that one. :)

From my reading on Genie+, you can book your next LL either when you tap into your last LL ride or after 2 hours. But from what I read, some rides have two places to tap.

The reason I'm asking...there are some rides that I won't be riding due to health issues so trying to figure out if I go through the queues with my family and use the chicken exit, or if we just pick a meeting spot and I do not go through (which is an issue if a ride has a second tap). Also, since I may change my mine last minute, I still would book a Lightning Lane (with the exception being the $LL and Guardians Boarding Group).

1. Does anyone remember rides that require 2 spots to tap your magic band before being eligible for the next LL?
  2. Or specifically, do you know about the taps for any of the following: Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Millennium Falcon, Rock N Roller Rollercoaster, Test Track, Mission, Space, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur?
  3. Also any of the specific rides listed where the chicken exit is complicated and it's just better to find a meeting spot instead of me walking through with them?
Sorry, I know it's a detailed question. Just worried a bit about messing up our next LL eligibility (plus losing my family by not finding them after the ride)

Canceling your most-recently-booked G+ LL allows you to book another. There is no need to tap in, whether at one tapstile or two, whether you do it yourself or have someone do it for you using your card or magicband. Just cancel the reservation. If you've already tapped in at one tapstile and it won't let you cancel, it will likely be because you have already fully tapped in and can book another G+ LL right away.

If it is not your most-recently-booked G+ LL reservation, tapping in has nothing to do with booking another anyway. In that case, you can either cancel it or just let it expire.

I've always just assumed the second tap is to stop people in the standby queue jumping over the rope into the LL queue and pretending that they've got LLs for the ride. You tap at the start of the LL queue to join the queue and again at the end for confirmation.

Anyway, I've been able to book my next LL using G+ after the first tap-in point every time it has been my eligibility point. We're a party of 4, and as soon as we've all tapped in the first time, I'm on the app to see where we can book next.

I've never had to wait until after the 2nd tap-in point. Good job too, because the Disney Guest Wifi is usually non-existent by that point on most rides.

Canceling your most-recently-booked G+ LL allows you to book another. There is no need to tap in, whether at one tapstile or two, whether you do it yourself or have someone do it for you using your card or magicband. Just cancel the reservation. If you've already tapped in at one tapstile and it won't let you cancel, it will likely be because you have already fully tapped in and can book another G+ LL right away.

If it is not your most-recently-booked G+ LL reservation, tapping in has nothing to do with booking another anyway. In that case, you can either cancel it or just let it expire.
Thank you. Didn't realize you can cancel a LL booking, and then you are free to book another.
Yeah, I learned recently that your eligibility time is based off of your LAST lightning lane booked.

I've always just assumed the second tap is to stop people in the standby queue jumping over the rope into the LL queue and pretending that they've got LLs for the ride. You tap at the start of the LL queue to join the queue and again at the end for confirmation.

Anyway, I've been able to book my next LL using G+ after the first tap-in point every time it has been my eligibility point. We're a party of 4, and as soon as we've all tapped in the first time, I'm on the app to see where we can book next.

I've never had to wait until after the 2nd tap-in point. Good job too, because the Disney Guest Wifi is usually non-existent by that point on most rides.
That's good to know of your recent experience. Maybe they've changed it so you are eligible at the first tap.
On a different note...we are Canadian so wouldn't normally have data but ended up picking up a couple cards for data since we didn't want to trust the wifi (kids will have wifi)

I don't think the newest rides such as Remy, Guardians, or Rise even have second tap points installed - or at least I've never seen them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter