Ty-bugs MAW pre-trip to ride Jaws and go to Disney! July 10-16 2010

I felt a little better yesterday so we did a trial run to an amusement park. Just me and the kids. Ty at first was pretty apprehensive about rides but as we went along he became more into them. We were only able to ride 5 rides but it did give me a sense of things I need to be aware of for him. Definately none of the big screen 3D motion type rides. And this wheelchair is probably not going to be able to go with us. The handles are still way to low for me to push. I called the dme and our pt still hasn't turned in her paperwork so they said there is no way it will be ready in time for us to go. I will find out on Friday if they will have one we can borrow for the trip. I'm sure it will work out.

We have about 4 weeks to go now. So not long at all:banana: I can't belive how time is going by so fast now. Probably because I have so much to do:lmao:

Oh my goodness...I hope all is okay with your thyroid. I'm so sorry you are having this problem!

Sounds like a fun day at the amusement park!

We recieved another BIG GIVE package today! I woke up to the mailman knocking at the door. :lmao: We cannot wait to open it!

Today it is Sierra's turn to open it and since she stayed all night with my parents last night we are going to take it over there for her to open. After we get back from therapy I will share the pictures. My mom is so happy we are opening it at her house:laughing: Her and dad are patiently waiting for us lol.

Cool Big Give gifts! :banana: I can't wait to see the pics of the things you guys got today!

I really hope that everything works out with your pt and your thyroid!!

It's getting close for you guys now! The anticipation is so much fun!

I talked to Ty's pt today and there has been a mix up with what the dme has ordered. So that explains why there is a delay. Unfortunately it wont help with the ordering so we definately wont have it done.

I am feeling much better today:)

So as I mentioned before we got a package today:cool1:

This one is from the Abbs family. I'm sorry I don't know your Disname;)

It was Sierra's turn to open the box and oh did she take her time:lmao: Tyler had plenty of time to play with the tape.
BigGive6June92010009.jpg

Oh how she is enjoying ripping each piece of tape off :rotfl2:
BigGive6June92010014.jpg

Here he is with the first piece of tape
BigGive6June92010012.jpg

All of the tape on his head while he reads the note:rotfl:
BigGive6June92010022.jpg

Here are all of thier goodies
BigGive6June92010024.jpg

Sierra recieved:
A Tinker Bell crayon holder with crayons, a pack of markers, and a princess word search book

Tyler recieved:
A Mickey Mouse crayon holder with crayons, a pack of markers, and an Iron Man activity book

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!! The kids love all of these great gifts. They love the crayon holders and cannot wait to use them on the airplane. Actually Sierra will probably use hers at the airport too! Tyler wouldnt let me unroll his as he has to have it stay "just the way it is" for the trip:laughing:

My mom and dad love these. They asked if we could just leave them there and they would keep a close eye on them:lmao:

Glad they arrived. I hope you have a great trip.

My daughter wants you to have a safe trip and to make sure the kids tell her how they liked everything(she is standing over my shoulder)

Glad they arrived. I hope you have a great trip.

My daughter wants you to have a safe trip and to make sure the kids tell her how they liked everything(she is standing over my shoulder)

Please tell her thank you from Ty's family:)Aww she is soo sweet!

Sierra says "I love the tinkerbell crayon roll. It is so pretty! I cannot wait to color on the plane. Coloring and crafts are my favorite things to do" thank you so much for the gifts!"

Ty says "Thank you for the Mickey Mouse crayon holder. I do not want to unroll it cause I like it just the way it is very safe until we get on the plane".

:goodvibes

Today when I came back home from getting my Thyroid Scan what do I see on the porch??? A BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!

The package is from DisneyCP2002. Thank you so much for the wonderful Big Give Gifts. They love them..(and a little story at the end to read;))

They are patiently waiting while I take a picture of it unopened;)
BigGive76-12-2010016.jpg

Ty is ripping into it and says he isn't waisting ANY time about it :rotfl:
BigGive76-12-2010017.jpg

He's digging in. He pulled Sierra's out first. He was so careful.Next comes his..
BigGive76-12-2010019.jpg

This one cracks me up his little smirkey smile:rotfl:
BigGive76-12-2010022.jpg

I have a problem with taking photo's this morning. For some reason I cut part of the autograph books off.
BigGive76-12-2010024.jpg

Sierra recieved:
A beautiful Tinkerbell Bag with a pretty ribbon strap
A small deck of Tinkerbell cards
a photobook
a pack of colorful inkpens(Sierra tore into these. I allowed her one;) The rest are packed lol
A very cute Autograph book for lots of autographs (she cannot wait!!!)
A princess Find it book

Ty recieved:
A cool Toy Story Bag (Buzz) with a cool ribbon strap
A small deck of Cars cards
a photobook
A pack of colorgul inkpens (Ty is waiting for his they are already packed)
An awsome Autograph book (he is really looking forward to Goofy's autograph!)
A Toy Story Find it book

This isnt a great pic of the bags I wanted to get a better one but we had to leave but I thought it was a cute pic. Ty is "very carefully" holding his Buzz bag
BigGive76-12-2010020.jpg

These are all very fitting for Ty and Sierra. Something I immediately thought about with the Find it books. Ty really loves find it books. He actually has a FIND IT toy that has beads in it and we look for different things in it when he has apts. He LOVES Where's Waldo books. And this book will keep Ty busy for quite some time. I plan to have it for him on the plane and will also keep the cute bags for them in the van for on our way to the parks. They love the bags. Those are so perfect!! Thank you!

Look at that smile!!
BigGive76-12-2010023.jpg

I also have some good news. We have noticed a big difference since Ty had the botox injected in his bladder. Today was his first day trial of underwear and he did great! He does not go on his own at all so cathing on a strict schedule is a must. Which we already did but now it is a "no miss" thing for him. I'm greatful we did this at the end of the school year and before we go to Disney. It is going really well so far!

Great Big Gives! My kids got similar bags, and use them all the time for little odds and ends when we're going out! They're great!

And, hooray for Ty and the botox seeming to work! I hope it stays good like this!

Today when I came back home from getting my Thyroid Scan what do I see on the porch??? A BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!

The package is from DisneyCP2002. Thank you so much for the wonderful Big Give Gifts. They love them..(and a little story at the end to read;))

They are patiently waiting while I take a picture of it unopened;)
BigGive76-12-2010016.jpg

Ty is ripping into it and says he isn't waisting ANY time about it :rotfl:
BigGive76-12-2010017.jpg

He's digging in. He pulled Sierra's out first. He was so careful.Next comes his..
BigGive76-12-2010019.jpg

This one cracks me up his little smirkey smile:rotfl:
BigGive76-12-2010022.jpg

I have a problem with taking photo's this morning. For some reason I cut part of the autograph books off.
BigGive76-12-2010024.jpg

Sierra recieved:
A beautiful Tinkerbell Bag with a pretty ribbon strap
A small deck of Tinkerbell cards
a photobook
a pack of colorful inkpens(Sierra tore into these. I allowed her one;) The rest are packed lol
A very cute Autograph book for lots of autographs (she cannot wait!!!)
A princess Find it book

Ty recieved:
A cool Toy Story Bag (Buzz) with a cool ribbon strap
A small deck of Cars cards
a photobook
A pack of colorgul inkpens (Ty is waiting for his they are already packed)
An awsome Autograph book (he is really looking forward to Goofy's autograph!)
A Toy Story Find it book

This isnt a great pic of the bags I wanted to get a better one but we had to leave but I thought it was a cute pic. Ty is "very carefully" holding his Buzz bag
BigGive76-12-2010020.jpg

These are all very fitting for Ty and Sierra. Something I immediately thought about with the Find it books. Ty really loves find it books. He actually has a FIND IT toy that has beads in it and we look for different things in it when he has apts. He LOVES Where's Waldo books. And this book will keep Ty busy for quite some time. I plan to have it for him on the plane and will also keep the cute bags for them in the van for on our way to the parks. They love the bags. Those are so perfect!! Thank you!

Look at that smile!!
BigGive76-12-2010023.jpg
I am glad the things are a hit. I had fun putting it all together. I hope you all have a great trip.

I've been MIA from the DIS for awhile but am back and caught up!

So glad that the botox seems to be going well!

Love all of the Big Give packages so far!

Did you post your updated itinerary yet? I don't remember seeing it.

It is getting so close now! It will be here before you know it!

I've been MIA from the DIS for awhile but am back and caught up!

So glad that the botox seems to be going well!

Love all of the Big Give packages so far!

Did you post your updated itinerary yet? I don't remember seeing it.

It is getting so close now! It will be here before you know it!

Hi Jen! Welcome back:goodvibes I posted it but I have to redo it b/c they changed the closing times on us;) Shouldnt be too hard but I just have to sit down and do it lol.

I have some BIG GIVE pics to post too so I will be back on a little later after I run Ty to get his afo's checked. Then I "plan" on staying home and getting some things done:laughing: We had to go find some furniture this weekend as mine is litteraly falling apart. We also had Sierra a small birthday party on Friday.

We recieved 2 BIG GIVE packages :cool1:

The first one is from Jen (jenb1023) and family and designed by Tebi73. Thank you both!! The pictures will speak many words:love:

Ty enjoyed peeking in it as he was opening it:rotfl:
BigGive8June142010012.jpg

Then he pulls THIS out! Look at this face. The Big Give has brought out smiles I havent seen in quite a long time. I think this picture proves it as I know I said it before. I can't always capture them with the camera because he is a quick one;) but I caught it this time.
BigGive8June142010014.jpg

Here is with the very thoughtful note. Thank you so much for the heads up about JAWS. I hope it is operating ok when we are there. Me+fish(shark) (real/not real)= umm not a good situation:rotfl:
BigGive8June142010018.jpg

This came on the perfect day. We were getting ready to celebrate Sierra's birthday and she had a Harry Potter cake again this year. She was sooo excited to see this shirt. :love:
BigGive8June142010019.jpg

Here is a pic of her cake
BigGive8June142010025.jpg

Thank you again Jen and family. The kids LOVE thier shirts! I love the way that they match too as it is easy to keep up with them. Thank you again!!

Another Big Give Post below

I had to seperate the BIG GIVE posts as I tend to post alot;) And I dedicate the green BG words in each post to my little buddy who this trip is for since green is his favorite color;)

Yesterday I had Ty check the mailbox this time. If he is awake he is my little "mailman" lol. He walks up to the door and yells "SPECIAL DELIVERY":lmao: And shows me a box just for him. I wish I would have taken a pic of him at the door. He had it hid behind his back:laughing:

This box is from Valere and her son Danny (I didn't see your disname on the note;)) She sent him a very cute Buzz and Woody outfit. He says Oh mommy LOTS of green!! He loves Toy Story! He actually wants to wear his outfit as jammy's as he really likes the feel of his shorts. It fits him perfect!He loves the elastic(hard to find in his size) as they don't fall off him. I love how the shirt matches the shorts. Too cute!!
BigGive8June142010045.jpg

Here he is reading your note.:)
BigGive8June142010047.jpg

He thought he was going to get to wear them to bed last night lol. Nope getting packed away but it wont be long!
BigGive8June142010051.jpg

Thank you Valere and Danny!! He loves it!

Thank you for the photos! Seeing the smiles from both kids made my day!

I am so glad they like the shirts!

Happy Birthday Sierra!

Your trip will be here before you know it!

Well today didn't turn out how I had hoped but I'm picking myself up and moving on;) I had my follow up to my ER visit today with our dr and I have hyperthyroidism. I knew it was coming but I still hoped it wouldn't. So now I need to see an Endocronologist. The good news is once we get it all figured out I will feel SO much better. Now I know why I have felt like my heart flutters off and on. I don't know that I will get in before we leave but I will be fine. I will stay on my naproxen and it should continue to help.

And at this apt I took in another urine sample for Ty. Another UTI. So he is back on an anitbiotic. This has me a bit uneasy. But hopefully the new antibiotic will help.

I still have to sit down and do the updated itinerary:rotfl: I did manage to get the list taken to the ped for the flight so that is one thing marked off:thumbsup2

You guys have been keeping the mailman busy!! Cute stuff, as always! I can't believe how soon you will be on Ty's trip!!!

So this is my to-do list:rotfl:

Redo itinerary
refill all meds
call insurance co see about wheelchair stuff and hope for the best;)
go to 8 apts:scared1:
Get hubby's 40th bday party booked
change Ty's frogs water 3x's
find Sierra's phone charger :confused3
Clean house so its all nice and fresh when we come home
Pack Sunglasses, sunscreen and germ stuff
call airline or airport to see best way to carry Ty's meds that are cold and cooling vest
Get License renewed and pack placard and insurance card in backpack
charge all phones and Ty's pump, pack chargers!
put chemicals in pool and take ladder out
Get another memory card for camera
Change Ty's gtube and pack extra in bag

that's it for now I will add more on later:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter