Uber app technical issue

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
In Orlando I used my UK debit card and when I tried to request a ride on Uber app it said insufficient funds in account but I have well over enough money to cover the cost and I don't understand why it said insufficient funds.

Maybe somewhere at either Uber, your bank, or the card issuer (visa/amex etc) they are suspecting fraud? Could a short term work around be to buy e-giftcards from somewhere like Amazon and then load to your account? I would also try Lyft. We've found in WDW they are relatively close in price most times.

Maybe somewhere at either Uber, your bank, or the card issuer (visa/amex etc) they are suspecting fraud? Could a short term work around be to buy e-giftcards from somewhere like Amazon and then load to your account? I would also try Lyft. We've found in WDW they are relatively close in price most times.
Thank you I just had a look on google if using a card abroad and if currency is different that it's best to inform the bank to authorise the card abroad.

If you are using a card from the UK and you are visiting USA you should be able to authorise the card to use in USA on the card company app or if not contact your bank to let them know you are going to USA and you like them to authorise it.
Second option it might be better to get a currency card and you could transfer to currency for where you are travelling to and some currency cards don't have transaction fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter