• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber Car Seat from MCO

Juliannicorn

Earning My Ears
I’ve been trying to reserve a car seated Uber for our trip in August and it’s erroring or only letting me choose an Uber black with no car seat. Does anyone have experience with getting an Uber car seat from MCO without reserving one?

Uber does have a reservation system, but as it’s only allowing for a specific type of car without a car seat it will not work for me, as stated. But thank you for your reply.

As PP stated, if you want something with a guaranteed car seat, I’d book car service rather than Uber. There are very few Uber Car Seat drivers left, as they have discontinued that program. Also, I would shy away from reserving an Uber going from the airport, because if your flight is delayed for any reason, etc, you may very well lose the reservation. Car services will track your flight and be there no matter when your flight gets in.

Last year I started trying to use the rideshare with child seats and it was never an easy process. So FWIW, we just started bringing our own cra seat. Since then, the rideshare drivers have all been helpful popping it in and getting us on our way. Then the car seat just sits in our room until we are headed back to the airport. It has worked well

"Reserving" a car doesn't really reserve you anything. I believe it only really means they ping drivers X amount of time before you want your car, and then it's up to someone to take it. I'm not sure why Uber has added this to their service list ... just do the singular thing you were good at: on-demand rides.

Thanks all! I had read that it wasn’t a proper reservation, that no driver was guaranteed so had ditched the reserve idea — again, it was only offering black service out of MCO — but was hopeful for the car seat service as when I’ve been checking over the last few days there was always one available and less than ten minutes away unless early morning or late night. We’re staying in Starcruiser and I had read the rooms have limited space so was trying to avoid bringing a car seat but it looks like I may have to do so anyway. Thanks again!

Please book an actual car service, one that is licensed and insured.

Every time you get in an Uber in Florida you’re really rolling the dice with your safety. No vehicle inspections at all…ever…and the cars can be up to 15 years old with no mileage limit.

You should especially book a car service if you have a child that needs a car seat. The average Uber driver in Orlando earns less than a McDonalds worker and the ones that do have a car seat probably bought it used on Craigslist for $10 because that’s all they can afford.

I priced out Uber with a car seat for 4 of us for our August trip and consistently it is around $98 one way and as you've already noticed, not immediately available. I can't deal with standing curbside at MCO in the August heat hoping someone is actually coming. I also don't want to bring our car seat.

I booked car service for $219 round-trip for the 4 of us including a car seat. It's only slightly more than Uber would be, the car seat is not held together with duct tape (and I have had Ubers pull up and when they go to put my suitcase in the trunk there is a car seat held together with duct tape), they are licensed and insured, and we will go direct from MCO to our resort. If you really don't want to bring a car seat or take a bus, definitely consider car service.

There are inflatable booster seats available, for use between ages 4-11. My niece and her mom live in the city with no car, and she had one to use in ride shares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter