Uber/Lyft from WDW to Port Canaveral

ihopfar

Earning My Ears
I asked about taking Uber/Lyft to the port from WDW and the concerns of finding a driver willing to make the drive and surge pricing were mentioned.

Right now, we are actually scheduled to be staying at a non Disney hotel by Disney Springs before our cruise, so the DCL bus is not an option. There will just be two of us.

Would appreciate folks who have taken (or tried to take) Uber/Lyft to the port from WDW to share their experiences -- good and bad.

Thanks!
Brad

You pretty much already got your answers on the other thread. It's been advised not to use ride share based on unreliable cost and unreliable driver availability. If even after that other thread you are still looking for justification, you are setting yourself up. You are essentially about to go on a cruise with one of the most expensive cruise lines and want to add all that stress to save maybe a few dollars? Transportation to the port is not where you should be looking to save.

If you are committed to the off-site resort (and don't want to switch to a Disney resort or the Hyatt MCO to use DCL transportation), your safest options are to rent a car or hire an actual limo/town car service.

I think offsite hotel > Uber to MCO > DCL bus to Port Canaveral makes the most sense, if on-site Disney hotel > DCL bus doesn’t work for you.

In my and lots of other experiences I've read, getting a ride to the port isn't bad, and even with surge pricing it's still cheaper than a car service or taxi. But getting a ride back to Orlando is tough, and you're better off using the bus transfer or a private car.

Problem is the surge in demand is:
Port => MCO, WDW, etc at 7:30~9:15am
MCO, WDW, etc => Port at 11:00am ~ 2:00pm
Exacerbated if/when there is more than one ship embarking on a given day.
Yes?

Ideal for drivers who live near Port Canaveral, Cocoa, etc., but more live near Orlando. Hence, lots of deadheading back, and the pricing challenge.

I still might guess that for 4 or more (if they can fit you), Uber/Lyft may be less than DCL bus, especially if one is NOT going from/to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter