• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber with car seat

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi

I'm not a frequent Uber user. We will need to move between universal and Disney. I see Uber has a car seat option (we also need a car for 6). We will need one infant seat. From what I see in the app, this seems possible. Does anyone have real life experience with this? Just wanting to know if cars with car seats are generally available.

TIA

Hi

I'm not a frequent Uber user. We will need to move between universal and Disney. I see Uber has a car seat option (we also need a car for 6). We will need one infant seat. From what I see in the app, this seems possible. Does anyone have real life experience with this? Just wanting to know if cars with car seats are generally available.

TIA
We did it on the 4th, leaving EPCOT. They said the line for the skyliner was 90 minutes so we walked to boardwalk and Uber'd with carseat back to our hotel. It was pricier than a regular Uber but went great. The driver had encanto playing but our little was already asleep. It seemed like a super peak time (on the 4th of July) and we waited about 15 minutes.

You will need an Uberxl, or two UberX and split up your group.
If you get an XL, unless someone rides up front, that means three people seated in third row, and three people in the 2nd row with the car seat.
That sounds fine if its a Suburban or Navigator or similar. But, keep in mind that the vehicle could also end up being something like an Explorer or Santa Fe, which are tighter.
If this was me and I was also including luggage, even one XL would not feel right, but that's just me. All the seats taken plus luggage, too overloaded.
One time in CA, I requested an Uberxl for 5, plus luggage. Some version of a 6-seater Kia showed up, and it just didn't look right. We ended up declining it and calling a car service that came with a minivan.
I would not be confident that a car seat provided by an Uber is suitable.

I would honestly pre-book something with Mears. Some of those uber car seats are a little (or a lot) beat up.
How do I prebook something with Mears? I have never used them.

The reason we liked the Uber option is that we don't know what time we will want to be picked up. I mean, if the choice is unsafe or hope we guess right, we will try to guess right. But I don't think there would be another option that doesn't require it be prearranged??

Thank you! We never take Uber so this is all very helpful. The baby will only be 11 and a half months so we don't want to be risky here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter