UK college DISers?

missj171

<font color=purple>I'm not a pint swigging electri
Hi

Who on here is a Disney freak from the UK? Where are you and what are you studying?

Also, have any of the in the UK done a nonfamily DLP trip, with any advice on getting good deals etc. for a poor student!

Hope its sunny where you are! :sunny:

Kathryn x x

Hi, I'm studying History at Uni of central lancashire in preston.

Re: DLP.
check out ba.com, air france, bmi baby, and easyjet for flights, or trainline for eurostar. staying in paris and getting the RER may be a cheaper alternative to staying onsite at DLP, check out www.needahotel.com or if you are doing a late booking www.laterooms.co.uk

Hi tinkerbell,

what year of uni are you in?

I did a lot of searching for flights, and while they are cheaper once you add in costs to /from airport etc. it works out same as eurostar!
With staying offsite I found that while we could get cheaper accomodation once you added in travel and park tickets costs it didnt really work out much cheaper in the end, only about £10 which I am happy to sacrifice for the 'magic' and convenience of being onsite.

hopefully booking it tommorow, i can't wait! :-)

I don't know if this is feasible for you, but I'd actually recommend going to Florida, it's honestly cheaper. On teletext.com, travelcitydirect or broadwaytravel, you can probably get a much cheaper deal.

Admittedly you won't get tickets included but if you stay in a cheap hotel on I.drive, use the hotel's free transport to the parks, eat cheap (ie ponderosa, sizzler etc) and only go for a week, use the i.trolley or your legs to get around i.drive, and save up for park tickets.

It's honestly not that expensive, if you book at the right time it's so cheap and then save your pennies for park tickets.

This can honestly be done so cheaply that it might be better value for your money to go to florida.

Me and my boyfriend (both uk poor students) work through the summer then go the week before we have to go back to uni in september.

Hi florida-again

We've booked DLP now, was also an issue of not having much time to go.

But I will definetly look into florida, I believe you about it being cheap if you plan it well! I wil do some research and see if I can get my DP to agree to it sometime in the future. Maybe after we come back from DLP and are in a Disney mood!

I like planning and hunting for bargains - so Ill keep an eye on those sites for the future. Do you mind me asking, how much did it all cost you last time you went?

In the meantime, Im still so excited for 3 days at DLP!

I believe it wasn't much more than £300 orginally, we stayed in the Best Western Plaza which has free transportation to all parks.

What we also did was stay for 3 nights in Disney in the middle of our holiday. These three days didn;t cost much to book as the All Stars are pretty cheap so it was just an extra couple of £s a night. That was great fun but to be honest if you're on a strict budget i wouldn't bother, we aren;t doing that this year, we;re just staying on i.drive.

I have to say, GO FOR IT, not just for disney, for the whole experience. Our trip was almost ruined by the hurricanes and it was still the best holiday I've ever had, it honestly doesn't get much better.

£300 including flights?! thats very cheap!

Will definetly look into it for next holiday and get saving!

Yeah, check out teletextholidays.com, they have 2 weeks in september for £209, it's madness!

dlp is def cheaper looked into 7 days in january ito florida t would cost about £1250 all together to go to florida and £500 for 3 at dlp when everything is taken into consideration eg. car hire, food, tickets (included in dlp hotels but not florida.) so will be going to dlp for a few days as i have no sem 1 exams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter