Universal Adventures of Dreams AND Magic, and an expanding World!

I am going to forewarn you now. Since I have very little time to plan this trip, I'm probably going to post random thoughts and not follow a specific order of any kind.

I'll be nice :lmao: Just Kidding!:goodvibes

Anyway, love the outfits! I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts at a Cracker barrel a couple years ago and I really wanted to buy them for Sam and Kadence, but Sam wouldn't wear it.:sad2:

I want to get Kadence a pillowcase dress so bad. Maybe for our next trip! I love theme dressing too! I'm already looking for, ...well I'm looking:rolleyes1

I wish Kadence was as adventurous as Claire about dark rides. I'm trying to talk her into EE and Haunted Mansion.

I hope you find you pillow case quickly!

Love those outfits for Claire, especially the pillowcase dress! I really want to see the Harry Potter clothes, I didn't kknow anything like that was out there.

I'll be nice :lmao: Just Kidding!:goodvibes

Anyway, love the outfits! I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts at a Cracker barrel a couple years ago and I really wanted to buy them for Sam and Kadence, but Sam wouldn't wear it.:sad2:

I want to get Kadence a pillowcase dress so bad. Maybe for our next trip! I love theme dressing too! I'm already looking for, ...well I'm looking:rolleyes1

I wish Kadence was as adventurous as Claire about dark rides. I'm trying to talk her into EE and Haunted Mansion.

I hope you find you pillow case quickly!

It's terrible to look because this far out you could end up with more dresses than days...easily! :rotfl:

I don't know if Claire is adventurous or not. I have to do a lot of fast talking.....or she thinks she's ready and isn't. :rolleyes1

I am thinking of possibly doing an iron pillowcase if I can't get one from someone. Not my first choice, but at least I would have something.

Love those outfits for Claire, especially the pillowcase dress! I really want to see the Harry Potter clothes, I didn't kknow anything like that was out there.

It's amazing how many people make custom clothes for the parks. Some really cute stuff out there...of course Janet make awesome stuff too. We love the dress she made...or should I say "mrs. Claus" made

I just voted for your picture and you were just shy of 65%. I loved your last TR and you took some really great pictures and am looking forward to this TR :)

It's terrible to look because this far out you could end up with more dresses than days...easily! :rotfl:

I don't know if Claire is adventurous or not. I have to do a lot of fast talking.....or she thinks she's ready and isn't. :rolleyes1

I am thinking of possibly doing an iron pillowcase if I can't get one from someone. Not my first choice, but at least I would have something.

It's amazing how many people make custom clothes for the parks. Some really cute stuff out there...of course Janet make awesome stuff too. We love the dress she made...or should I say "mrs. Claus" made

Thanks Jen. :goodvibes

I wish I could help with something for this trip, but just don't have any US related fabric.

As for having too may outfits...... you know .... she COULD spill something on herself.... maybe you need a backup each day??????? :rotfl:

Thanks Jen. :goodvibes

I wish I could help with something for this trip, but just don't have any US related fabric.

As for having too may outfits...... you know .... she COULD spill something on herself.... maybe you need a backup each day??????? :rotfl:

I couldn't remember if I had seen anything of yours themed for Universal and nothing was showing up in my searches, so I kind of figured that you didn't.
I know, I thought that too. She can be sloppy! :rotfl2:

Universal...Have fun and let me know what you think. I've never been there before. Cant wait to hear more.

Do you get very wet on Jurassic park? I love Jurassic park movies and would like to ride that one, but it looks like you get pretty wet. I'm not sure Claire would like dragons. Thats a pretty big roller coaster, isn't it?
I have to load more youtube videos for her now while I cook supper. She's been bugging me all afternoon, but I made her take a 1 1/2 mile walk outside (it's very nice out today) to get her in shape...good thing too, because she says her legs are hurting.

Jurassic park is a cute ride until you get to the

d

r

o

p

:rotfl2:
Jen, to be honest, we rode it a few times, got soaked on some of them, and left relatively dry on others. Be prepared to get soaked though!

Dragons is pretty big and has loops and corkscrews and inversions. It's pretty intense, but fun! :goodvibes
Rip ride rockit, is even scarier .... vertical climb and vertical drop! But it was fun, even though I hated the line area .. no theming what so ever. :sad2:

I am sure Claire will love the Simpson's ride and ET! So fun! We loved Men in Black too, even though it's kind of a Buzz Lightyear ride. :rotfl2:
As I said, I need to dig up my pics and have a look to give you better detail.

Oh, did I mention that there is a Bubba Gump there? :rotfl2:

d

r

o

p

Jen, to be honest, we rode it a few times, got soaked on some of them, and left relatively dry on others. Be prepared to get soaked though!

Dragons is pretty big and has loops and corkscrews and inversions. It's pretty intense, but fun! :goodvibes
Rip ride rockit, is even scarier .... vertical climb and vertical drop! But it was fun, even though I hated the line area .. no theming what so ever. :sad2:

I am sure Claire will love the Simpson's ride and ET! So fun! We loved Men in Black too, even though it's kind of a Buzz Lightyear ride. :rotfl2:

Not to worry. I already told Jen to bring Claire a change of clothes each day! :rotfl:

Universal...Have fun and let me know what you think. I've never been there before. Cant wait to hear more.

I sure will! :thumbsup2

d

r

o

p

I think we can do th Jurassic park one, but the dragons...mope. I'm not young and flexible anymore. :lmao:
And RRR...NEVER! :rotfl2:
I loved ET when we went before, I'm sure she'll enjoy it. She watched that youtube vidoe yesterday...and the Simpsons again about 5 more times...I think we HAVE to ride that one..

I think I did hear you say something about Bubbas once or twice... :laughing:

Not to worry. I already told Jen to bring Claire a change of clothes each day! :rotfl:

Yes! I am an overpacker too...so it should all work out! ;)

I didn't even think about a change of clothes! :lmao: Even MORE reason to ride it, Jen, I just LOVE to see Claire in all her different outfits! :goodvibes

WELL...... You know there can't be a Dowling family trip with some sort of kink,change or addition to plans......

I've been trying to research if we need an express pass. It works kind of like Fast Pass, but you have to buy it for each day you want to use it. If you buy one, then you get one use per attraction, if you stay onsite you get to use it unlimited times.

I did the math of buying a 2 day park to park express pass verses a 1 night stay at the Royal Pacific, which would entitle us 2 days worth of unlimited access.....the prices were almost the exact same.

So I presented this idea to Skip. For some reason, he thought it would be $1000 mor to add this or add the resort. I tried to explain it over and over (and it's not like Disney, which he couldn't "get"). He said he read in the book I have (credits to him for actually reading it over) that we could buy it then if needed. I told him yes, but the price goes up as the crowd levels go up. He said he didn't care if we waited in lines for an hour for each ride....Um yeah...I asked him to sign a paper stating that, but he refused. LOL!

Then he asked "Why aren't we going to Disney"....seriously? Because YOU didn't want to. I should've taken it as a sign when he hem-hawed around when I booked this trip.

He went on to say that Claire will be so disappointed if she doesn't see the Princesses. And we MUST see a parade! I told him she was just fine, he's the one being the Debby Downer. I told him we could book a character meal on our last morning, but he decided that wasn't a good idea. I suggested DTD...no thats just shopping......He wants to go to MK. Oh my word. I about killed him. I told him it would cost close to $300 for the 3 of us to go to MK for 1 day.
He said, fine, lets use the express money and just go to MK on one of those nights they have extended hours. Well for one, we'd have to book a room onsite, and 2, MK doesn't have any late hours while we are there.

So he told me to check the hours and I did. Well ...MK right now is only open till 11 on the nights we are going...I was actually surprised. I thought at least midnight should be the norm for a busy time like this...Of course the day we fly in they are open till 1 AM, BUT we don't even arrive in Sanford till around 9:10 and with an hours drive, getting luggage and car, we would maybe have 2 hours at the park.

He decided that we should leave Universal early one day, like around 4 or 5 and then go to MK for the rest of the night. I can't believe my cheapscape ...I mean loving.... husband wants to spend that kind of money for a few hours. We decided that Thursday would be the best day to do this because we leave the next day and would be able to sleep in before setting off to the airport. The park is open till 11, but MSEP is on at 11, so we will be there pretty late still.
We have decided to wait and buy the tickets while there. I actually suggested this. It could all change once we get there. I know he thinks Universal looks small and he still thinks it only has about 7-10 rides total (He thinks we can do both parks in 1 day and be good with it). He may totally change his mind once we get there...maybe he'll actually have fun! Do you think?
I do have the perfect dress for our MK day though, which is now going to be thrown in the suitcase.

dress9.jpg

You're KILLING me Jen. You know that, right? :lmao: And you are absolutely living my life. I know the real reason you don't push Skip to make these decisions sooner is because you know he'll come around in the end. How do I know this you ask???????? :rolleyes1 Hmmmmmm........ because that's EXACTLY what it's like trying to plan something with MY husband! :laughing:

Played BRILLIANTLY my dear! :thumbsup2

And I'm honored you're bringing the Pluto dress! :dance3:

Great NEWS!!!!!!!!

A MK day sounds like wonderful news! Oh, and let Claire wear that dress to Universal and you'll run up a storm - some CM might comment big time! Sorry! :rotfl2:
It's perfect for your MK day, just forget the rest I said!

I'm so glad you get to vist MK for part of a day. That is a lot of money for just part of a day. But if you get to do it go for it!

About the express pass. We didn't get it when we were there because I'm pretty sure I remember this right you only get to use it for an attraction once and it was for the ones that River was to small for anyway. I know its not good for Harry Potter ride. It was mostly for the big rollercoasters.

I can just imagine you standing there when Skip asked why you weren't going to Disney. I can see you with balled up fists and clenched teeth. :lmao: Men are so frustrating! :sad2:

At least you are going to get a little bit of Disney in on this trip even if it is going to be expensive.

Don't suppose you could talk Skip into changing everything over to Disney could you?

I didn't even think about a change of clothes! :lmao: Even MORE reason to ride it, Jen, I just LOVE to see Claire in all her different outfits! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

You're KILLING me Jen. You know that, right? :lmao: And you are absolutely living my life. I know the real reason you don't push Skip to make these decisions sooner is because you know he'll come around in the end. How do I know this you ask???????? :rolleyes1 Hmmmmmm........ because that's EXACTLY what it's like trying to plan something with MY husband! :laughing:

I told Claire and got no reaction from her. I don't think she understood. We went to the park for a walk for a couple hours and as soon as I got home, Skip was over here asking how excited she was. I told him she just stared, so I don't think she realized what it meant.
We still have 12 days...so anything can change. :rotfl:

Great NEWS!!!!!!!!

A MK day sounds like wonderful news! Oh, and let Claire wear that dress to Universal and you'll run up a storm - some CM might comment big time! Sorry! :rotfl2:
It's perfect for your MK day, just forget the rest I said!

:rotfl2: You're evil!

I'm so glad you get to vist MK for part of a day. That is a lot of money for just part of a day. But if you get to do it go for it!

About the express pass. We didn't get it when we were there because I'm pretty sure I remember this right you only get to use it for an attraction once and it was for the ones that River was to small for anyway. I know its not good for Harry Potter ride. It was mostly for the big rollercoasters.

Yes, it is good for only 1 time per ride. I think it covers most of the rides, and
yes FJ is not included....bummer. Thats why a 1 night onsite stay is such a better deal for the same price basically. But oh well. He might have to drag me to WDW. :rotfl:

I can just imagine you standing there when Skip asked why you weren't going to Disney. I can see you with balled up fists and clenched teeth. :lmao: Men are so frustrating! :sad2:

At least you are going to get a little bit of Disney in on this trip even if it is going to be expensive.

Don't suppose you could talk Skip into changing everything over to Disney could you?

I think you described my look perfectly! I probably could, but to be honest, I don't know the cancellation policy this close to the date. (I know I need to read that). Plus I have too much money invested in Universal clothing now. :rolleyes1

Made it over here! now going back to catch up!

Yay!!!! :yay:

I agree!

I still say the best way I've ever heard it was from the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" The mom told the daughter that, the man may be the head of the household, but the women is the neck and we can turn the head any way we want.:thumbsup2

Perfect choice!

I hope you get to MK. I bet you were ready to hit him with a frying pan!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter