Universal and its cutbacks...

TheSecondCook

Now known as "TheFirstCook"
I've done alot of ruminating on the subject. At first I was upset and concerned about what I was hearing, but now I accept it as part of the business cycle. Thoguh I'm not entirely happy about having my hours cut (and washing dishes), I am after all a business student, and completely understand what is transpiring.

To those who are angry that Universal is closing and/or limiting certain units and attractions, keep in mind many companies' first reaction to economic slowdowns is to layoff workers. This is oh, so evident in the airline industry right now. Universal commits regulars to a minimum of 32 hours a week, and that goes for displaced employees from closed venues. Ever full time worker still has a job.

The effects of Sept 11th on Orlando are not confined to the themeparks, or Universal for that matter. Rest assured, Disney is contemplating similar moveas, if they have not implemented them yet. Orlando's economy is so dependant on tourism, travel and service, the whole city is on tenuous legs this moment. There is a trickle down affect to hotels, transportation, retail stores and our area's numerous restaraunts. Everyone is in danger, so it is a smart business decision to take premeptive measures before e are even deeper in problems.

Don't let that fool you, our spirits might be slightly deminished, but every employee at Universal Orlando is still 100% committed to guest service. We still have ample rides, shows, stores and food service locations to meet every guest's needs. We apologize if someone out there had their hearts set on eating at Thunder Falls or another restaraunt that is closed, but we have many other outlets with similar or identical offerings. Just ask any guide for more information.

I commend Universal for making vital decisions, yet not skimping on guest service and remaining committed to us little guys who work for you.

Hope my view helps shed light on the subject.

I agree with your sentiments whole-heartedly! We will be arriving in Orlando in one week!!!! and are looking forward to our first ever visit to US/IOA---While we are disappointed that some things won't be available and hours will be shortened, we certainly don't expect the company to go into the red just for us! we have adjusted our plans to shorter hours and expect to have a Wonderful Time!!!

Secondcook: I think you have a great outlook. Hope my family and I get to say hi when we're there in 3 weeks!

Second Cook,

If it takes cutting hours and a few rides to keep jobs, then thats what has to be done.

Good Luck.

P.S. I will be helping boost the Orlando economy, but not until January 18.

Patty

I called yesterday to make a reservatio for Mythos for Sunday, Nov. 4 and they said it was all blocked out and she didn't know why. I did get a reservation though a few days later.

Also, do you know is there still FOTL access for on site guests?

At least Universal offered some perks for what it is cutting! They offered some $99 deals for those close by and called and offered me an upgrade!! I have never had treatment like that from DW!! Bush Gardens is giving freee admission to all firemen, policemen, and EMT workers. What is Disney doing besides cutting ? I'v been looking for some special Disney deals and can't find a single one that I really consider a good deal!

Originally posted by DW mouser
I'v been looking for some special Disney deals and can't find a single one that I really consider a good deal!

Try mousesavers.com there are some good deals right now at Disney I just got $89.00 at a moderate for Dec. which is about 40% off.
I wish universal would offer some ticket discounts right now!!

I have tried Mousesavers.com. I guess I missed that! Thanks for the info.! Universal was offering $99 for a room and a ticket I thought! I didn't pay much attention because I'm not from Florida, but I noticed you are. Check it out! You can't beat that!!

Keep your chin up secondcook. Have to go to Monster cafe 10/6 since my wife just loves that chicken. Will porbably se you 10/7 at 12:30 if you are there. How's the bug lady doing?????:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter