Universal Studios VIP Tour

nbodyhome

DIS Veteran
I was booking a car rental for my California trip (my sister is getting married and I'm heading to Disneyland after that). I've never been to Universal Studios CA, and a few attractions popped up on Expedia for me to look at - including the VIP tour. I didn't book it right away, but I did yesterday (the reviews look really good so far, it looks like it's been very recently revamped and repriced): http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/tic_vip.html

It should work out well daywise, my sister gets married on a Saturday near Woodland Hills and I can drive to Hollywood on Sunday morning from there (before heading to Anaheim that evening). I didn't want to have to fight traffic on a Monday-Friday. :)

I hope I get to see the Bates Motel, that would be pretty cool. I thought it'd be a fun way to spend the day, and it includes meals and front of the line access.

Sounds brilliant! :thumbsup2 I've bookmarked the info for our trip to LA next summer... :)

We too are planning to take this tour next summer. I would love to read a review of it once you have been.
I hope you have a fun day.

We too are planning to take this tour next summer. I would love to read a review of it once you have been.
I hope you have a fun day.

I will definitely do that - about 7 weeks or so from now! I can't wait, it sounds like so much fun. I probably will end up putting a couple of hundred photos up, if there is that much to see. :)

I will definitely do that - about 7 weeks or so from now! I can't wait, it sounds like so much fun. I probably will end up putting a couple of hundred photos up, if there is that much to see. :)

Excellent, I'd love to hear about the actual tour elements, the time you get to spend in the park touring with your front of the line passes and how much food you can get with the all you can eat pass.
Origionally I was going to book a meal for us when we got back to the hotel in Hollywood but now we get the food pass and we are booking some nice meals on our DL, other days in Hollywood and in Vegas I might just make do with the food on the pass for the day to save some $$.

Excellent, I'd love to hear about the actual tour elements, the time you get to spend in the park touring with your front of the line passes and how much food you can get with the all you can eat pass.
Origionally I was going to book a meal for us when we got back to the hotel in Hollywood but now we get the food pass and we are booking some nice meals on our DL, other days in Hollywood and in Vegas I might just make do with the food on the pass for the day to save some $$.

I just found a review by Al Lutz on Miceage.com - it seems more geared to someone who has been to Universal, I have not. It sounds like they used their food pass twice, but the tour is very newly revamped, so I'll try to be very specific (times we do things, etc.). I'll have a lot more photos, I had 68 just for a one hour Behind the Seeds Tour! (I will not have 500 for 6 hours! :)) I'd guess 200 - 250 at most, I want to be thorough but not boring.

I do know that the food pass does not include drinks (which is okay, I mostly drink water anyway!) The tour elements can change some - like the backstage tour areas, but I REALLY want to see the Psycho house (we have seen the actual house in France that it was modeled after), the Bates Motel and the Back to the Future set. If I see those, it will be worth the tour in itself. I know they stopped at Mels Diner, which sounds really good to me!

For everything included, it seems a VERY good deal. I don't want to say that too often, or maybe they'll raise the price right away. :)

That sounds great, we have not been to Universal Hollywood either (been to Orlando recently) but am sure for the length of time the park is open we can see the attractions we want to too. DH and I are very into behind the scenes stuff (we help to run a theatre her ein the UK in our spare time and love doing back stage and lighting stuff (we majored in that for both our degrees!!) I know what you mean about taking lots of pictures, I'm guilty of that too!! We did the back stage magic tour at WDW, I sure wish we were allowed to take pictures on that, but we weren't and I understand why! Last year DH and I took a behind the scenes tour of Alton Towers (the UK's number 1 theme park), we were very fortunate to get on it as they only accepted 60 people in the whole year!! I took 400 pictures on that!!

I are very into behind the scenes stuff (we help to run a theatre her ein the UK in our spare time and love doing back stage and lighting stuff (we majored in that for both our degrees!!) I know what you mean about taking lots of pictures, I'm guilty of that too!! We did the back stage magic tour at WDW, I sure wish we were allowed to take pictures on that, but we weren't and I understand why! Last year DH and I took a behind the scenes tour of Alton Towers (the UK's number 1 theme park), we were very fortunate to get on it as they only accepted 60 people in the whole year!! I took 400 pictures on that!!

Wow, 60 people! I have never been to Alton Towers, I have heard wonderful things. I've been to London 3 times in the past 2 years, but just haven't trekked out there yet.

I take a lot more photos now that I add them to my site - so I am sure I'll have 300 - 400 or more if the tour is that great (as good as it looks). But I need to skim it down to a manageable length. I don't know how popular a section that would be, but I'll enjoy writing up about it. I'll post here too with some photos. I can't believe July is around the corner!!!! (I think I said I was going next month, but it's actually next month from tomorrow). :) I should have my packet from Universal to actually make the reservations (I've bought the ticket, but I need that first to call in and set the date). I am really excited about it! Considering what you do, I bet you would really enjoy the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter