• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal table service restaurants

Ok I don't know how we will eat this much food in two days but here it goes - Day 1 lunch at Bubba Gump (Landrys member with $25 credit to use), dinner at Emeril's Orlando, Day 2 lunch at Mythos, dinner at Cowfish, and somewhere in there I will fit in drinks at Strongwater Tavern, and dessert at Toothsome. Good thing we will be walking alot

Some good choices in there..........Mythos, Emerils and Cowfish particularly. We really wanted to enjoy Toothsome, but I had an appetiser as a main meal, the Totchos, and it was just a big disappointment. But, I'm sure you'll enjoy the desserts if you're a dessert person........

We really enjoyed StrongWater Tavern.......we've gone for for food and just for drinks, and each time service and atmosphere was excellent.

Yes, lots of walking may help.......lol.......

Id try toothsome at least once.

I've been several times and do enjoy it but I would agree to skip the burger - you can get an average burger anywhere.

Yes. If going to Toothsome, I would definitely get something a little less standard as you can get some of the more standard stuff elsewhere.

I got the Wild Mushroom Chicken Risotto and it was great!

As for the desserts, they are HUGE. The Sundae (we got the S'mores) was shared by 4 of us and we could barely finish it after our meal.

We loved our meals at Toothsome and the theming is awesome. Husband liked the cocktails and my daughter and I snuck back for milkshakes on another night:) Cowfish was delicious too. Request to sit on balcony upstairs
Is the balcony outdoors?

I can't wait to try this place. Afraid I won't have room for dessert so I may need to just get an appetizer to save room! ;)

Our only issue with Toothsome is that both times we went the wait was really long. The food was okay (dessert was great!) but I really didn't like the long waits when we didn't have a ton of time.

What are Park hours when you're there? How much ride time do you want to burn with lunch with only 2 days to visit?
As we are staying onsite we are going to take advantage of our express passes. With two kids under 8 we will be taking about an hour for lunch and dinner to sit and recharge from the sun/heat/walking around. That's the plan anyways

Our only issue with Toothsome is that both times we went the wait was really long. The food was okay (dessert was great!) but I really didn't like the long waits when we didn't have a ton of time.
That long wait time seems to be a running theme (esp on tripadvisor)- seems like its the rule not the exception

That long wait time seems to be a running theme (esp on tripadvisor)- seems like its the rule not the exception

Yeah. I've mentioned this before, but I dislike it when theme restaurants refuse to take reservations in order to create more hype. There's no logistical reason they can't take reservations, and I don't enjoy standing around for an hour for no reason.

We had zero wait for Toothsome when we went.

Went this past Wednesday at around 5pm expecting some kind of wait and I'd say it was maybe half full.

Is the balcony outdoors?

I can't wait to try this place. Afraid I won't have room for dessert so I may need to just get an appetizer to save room! ;)
I meant request to sit on the balcony at Cowfish. And yes the balcony is outdoors on the second level. It overlooks Citiwalk.

Toothsome was great, Cowfish is one of my favorite places, and NBC Sports Grill & Brew is really great food, however the atmosphere is just "big fancy sports bar." Strong Water Tavern was really good as well! One strong contender I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Kitchen at HRH. I try to make their brunch buffet a stop on every trip!
Since Margaritaville & Bubba Gumps are both chains and available in plenty of other cities, I tend to choose other things when I'm at UO.
The only place on property I try to make a point to avoid is Finnegans...the service was horrible. I'm not a "speak to the manager" type of person, but I became one the last night I was there, and have poor experiences in the past.

The PP mentioned Finnegan's - the food is nothing great - typical pub fair.
That being said it is a great place to sit and have a beer and listen to the live entertainment.
The staff behind the bar is excellent and has been there for many years.
You also have a lot of locals that are regulars that come to universal just to hang out in Finnegan's which adds to the atmosphere.
So no I would go here for a sit down meal - but I also spend a few afternoons in the pub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter